Print

Author Topic: Your Personal Secrets Pertaining To Video Games  (Read 24662 times)

« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2007, 09:36:52 PM »
Whenever I go back and play older games, I try to pep talk Mario into making that jump that is near impossible. Or, when I mess up and hit a wall/enemy/thing, I'll say "c'mon Mario, you can do better than that!" even though I know he can't hear me. Somehow, it helps a little..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2007, 10:38:24 PM »
This is embarrassing, but I cried when TEC died on PM:TTYD. It was so emotional! *sob* *sob*
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2007, 11:18:58 PM »
And I laughed when he came back to life. They just couldn't kill anyone could they?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2007, 10:04:48 AM »
I'll admit I felt my heartstrings tugging at me when I saw TEC dieing, but I didn't cry.  I've tried, a few times, to shed at least one tear from some fictional story moment that left me devastated (like say the cool character dies), but I just can't.  That doesn't mean I don't feel any emotion toward it.  It just means that I'm unable to express the emotion by crying.  I can only cry if it somehow affects me.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2007, 01:08:02 PM »
After I beat a level in a Splinter Cell game with a high rating (80% or higher), I then try and beat it with as low a rating as possible, by alerting every enemy to my presence, letting them raise alarms, gunning down civilians, and gathering as little intel as possible. I got a 4% rating on the first level (although I still beat it) with this method.
every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2007, 08:19:28 PM »
And I laughed when he [TEC] came back to life. They just couldn't kill anyone could they?

I actually became fairly angry. There was hardly an explanation for his return, and I didn't particularly want to see him again. What is that bucket of bolts going to do in a deserted, techno music drenched base?!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2007, 09:07:23 PM »
Hey, i like that music!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2007, 12:04:42 AM »
Yeah, I like it too (it was even on my MP3 player at one point). But imagine being a stationary object, forced to listen to it alone for all eternity.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2007, 12:43:01 AM »
I love the X-Naut base theme. One time I was brushing my teeth and I happened to be getting into vicinities that caused me to change the shape of my mouth and I ended up playing it on my toothbrush. It was crazy.
Anyway, TEC is the base's brain. I'm sure if he wanted to he could change the music when no one's around, if Grodus left any good tracks behind.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2007, 03:06:11 PM »
I'm 93% sure that every music playing device in the Mushroom World has the original Mario theme on it.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2007, 04:23:09 PM »
Well duh! I think we all know that by now, the instruments form Luigi's Mansion, the disk player from Paper Mario, and that electric keyboard...
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2007, 08:42:35 AM »
What about the Game Boy cell phone thing from PM2?  I think that one just does the Ice Land theme from SMB3 and one of the overworlds from SMW.  I guess it falls into that 7%.

New secret!  When I played through Chrono Trigger for the first time, I named Marle after a girl I had a crush on!  Oooo, don't tell anyone!
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2007, 04:33:23 PM »
If I remember correctly, the music that plays on the Mailbox SP is the opening screen from SMW.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2007, 09:35:40 PM »
Secret: I play handheld games more than console games. I just don't have time at home any more.

« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2007, 04:41:36 AM »
If I remember correctly, the music that plays on the Mailbox SP is the opening screen from SMW.
I'm with you on this one.  'My bad.

Maybe if I had the power of PMS behind me, I could somehow argue that the title screen counts as an overworld theme, but meh.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Print