Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii officially announced  (Read 8971 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: July 11, 2007, 11:59:40 AM »
Mario Kart Wii was officially unveiled today. The game will come with a custom steering wheel attachment, and has been given a tentative release date of 1st Quarter 2008. The game will also feature online play.

Link: TMKblog
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 05:05:05 PM by Deezer »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 01:06:53 PM »
I can't say I'm surprised; (excluding the handheld Mario Karts, SMK, MK64, MKDD.  Not to mention that the Wii is a very fitting platform for racer,  we all saw it coming.  But I'm still looking forward to this! :D
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 03:27:58 PM »
Best yet, hands down.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 03:43:31 PM »
Were there any screenshots or vids from E3?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 07:51:06 PM »
Yeah, a couple. Looks pretty good (by Wii standards).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 11:40:33 PM »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 12:15:07 AM »
It LOOKS good, but I've heard that Reggie said that beginners will always be able to keep up with the people in the lead. That is total bull. If you're a n00b, tough luck. Don't race me, go practice and stop being a n00b or play against another n00b. This means blue shells will be even more common than they were in Mario Kart DS, I presume. I am not amused. I may not even buy it if the game is corrupt like that. Wi-Fi is neat and all but if Brawl is WFC-enabled too (please confirm this, Sakurai... I'll be your best friend), it won't be as popular anyway.
WHY AREN'T GAMES BASED ON SKILL ANYMORE!?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 12:30:58 AM »
I thought this too, but then he went on to explain that he was talking about the control scheme and not necessarily about items.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 12:47:11 AM »
The game to me looks undone, put it back in the oven! It's really undetailed even for a Wii, and do I see some NSMB background in Mario Circuit?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 12:48:29 AM »
You do realize that it isn't about to be released, right? It was just announced today.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 01:59:37 AM »
* Bird Person puts SushieBoy in an oven
So you think he just means it'll be a pick-up-and-play? I guess that makes sense. Thanks for the info.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 02:55:44 AM »
Beginners will always be able to keep up with people in the lead? Sounds like... EVERY MARIO KART.

This just in: In Mario Kart Wii, you will be able to POWER SLIDE!

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 01:34:23 PM »

I don't know why, but Mario's facial expression cracks me up.

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 02:30:36 PM »
I am with you guys all the way. I honestly have tried to test the theory "Beginners will always be able to keep up with people in the lead". My cousin is 18 and i beat him in mario kart 5 times and i had never played before. I was lucky because i had all the good items and the speed. I never lose even if i'm new.

BTW (by the way)The same cousin who i beat @ mario kart...He got to try Brawl, one think of KArt Wii, and Mario Galaxy
I got the looks, talents, knowledge, wardrobe, soul, mind, and passion to win...I'm just missing someone whose butt i haven't already kicked! Yea, go Peachy, go Peachy, go Peachy YEA! C'mon Bring it!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 03:08:11 PM »
Your cousin works for Nintendo?

Print