Print

Author Topic: Your "Pet Peeves"  (Read 53852 times)

« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2008, 06:28:06 AM »
No discussion of politics.
Huh, so that was actually added to the rules. Up until now I thought everyone was joking that it was banned     BECAUSE IT'S THAT RETARTED.

Maybe I also didn't believe it because no one ever notified us or explained the rationale besides a random smattering of Angry Chupperson posts.

No questioning or complaining about moderators' actions.
Uh oh.

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2008, 06:39:15 AM »
Minutes later I just saw this.

A) Boy it's hard to notice a locked sticky.

B) It just we can't post topics. So just argue in all those generic threads we already conveniently have! Crisis averted.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2008, 06:51:34 AM »
My Pet Peeves:

-When my dad takes video games from me for a month (thats my worst)
-When people insult me real good and I have nothing as mean to say back to them
-When my friend is not home when I try to call him
-Long lectures with my parents
-When I'm bored
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2008, 02:37:07 PM »
Sports
Violence in any form

I hope you don't own any video games...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2008, 03:38:23 PM »
-Agreeing with LD because I'm afraid it might secretly be some advanced form of sarcasm I'm unfamiliar with and I'll end up feeling dumb
every

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2008, 04:51:23 PM »
PS: I am completely neutral about the very sticky I just threw up. Just saying.
~I.S.~

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2008, 09:24:47 PM »
My Pet peeves, hmm...

1.The thousands of Taxi drivers that yell at each other outside my apartment.I don't even know If they're arguing or having a conversation from a distance.

2.When Kids have ADD and the parents don't do anything when they scream and run around because 'It's not the kid's fault'. Try hitting them maybe then they'll shut up!!!

3.Bad hair day! Like OMG!

4.The nice couple who live underneath me and yell at each other for about an hour or two, and when they make up(Yes, Like that), I can hear it.

5.Sara Jessica Parker

6.People who make videos about how they hate America, when they should be hating on the people who run it, not the country itself.

7. This kid in my school who always says, 'Hey Johnny Machino? Want a cappuccino?' No! I never did want one! Why must you ask!?

8.NetZero!

9.Flamers

10.People on youtube saying, 'Wanna see me naked? Then go to my page!' Then why aren't they there!? N-not that I look or nothin'....<_< >_>

"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

Jman

• Score
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2008, 11:44:59 PM »
I didn't buy an iPod to be "cool" and trendy.  I'm already cool...maybe not so trendy, but I just wanted something to store all of my music on.  Let me just say that the iPod works for me.  Also, 5 years later, I still despise "men" who beat up women, and most rap music, although I've warmed up to the genre a little, a LITTLE.  I just don't care for any of that generic, uninspired crap that passes for music these days.  I also no longer mind people who praise the Xbox as the second coming...I'm perfectly content with my SNES, N64 and Wii, and I don't care if people make fun of me.  People who belittle others based on their videogame system of choice are idiots.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2008, 12:18:45 AM »
To everyone who thinks rap sucks, ignore all artists who rose to fame after 1995, with a few exceptions. In fact, pay negative attention to Soulja Boy (although he's gone the way of the Macarena already). Basically, anything by the Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, Cypress Hill, Run DMC, and maybe N.E.R.D., if you count them as rap.
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2008, 01:04:20 AM »
Just some other ones while I'm thinking about it:

Personified cars. When I see an image of a car with a face some fire of madness blazes over my mind and an unexplained rage spirit persuades me to do bad things.

Forum signatures that acknowledge that they are forum signatures. "I have no sig ooooooooooooooooops" is not original. Neither is "This space for rent" or "Under construction." If you're going to waste space on my computer screen, waste it with a favorite quote or something.

Annoying computer updates that bother you until you reboot.

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2008, 08:30:47 AM »
Annoying computer updates that bother you until you reboot.
This is the very bane of my existence.

Also, right now, I'm getting very annoyed by people complaining about how much E3 sucked. E3 isn't for us anymore, get over it. The dead tree media would rather hear about blue ocean games coming out in the immediate future than see early screenshots of Galaxy 2, Zelda 15, Pikmin 3, and Kid Icarus with no idea when they're coming out, and therefore have no information to give to their readers about games they're not interested in anyway, and since they're the ones getting into E3, that's what Nintendo's going to show them. If you don't like it, blame the E3 people, but don't blame Nintendo for giving exactly the kind of presentation they should give in this situation. And blame yourself for expecting megatons.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2008, 09:01:59 AM »
My pet peeve? The fact that some of my favorite folk from this very board become more and more crotchety as time goes on.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2008, 09:49:14 AM »
-Young'uns
-Whippersnappers
-Kids these days
-Gas prices
-Music volume
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2008, 10:06:09 AM »
8.NetZero!
Oh man, I remember when this was actually free. We used it for quite a while in 1999 and 2000.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2008, 10:16:46 AM »
-Young'uns
-Whippersnappers
-Kids these days

Don't forget Scamps, Hooligans, and Scalawags.
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

Print