Print

Author Topic: the mario trivia game!!!!  (Read 89634 times)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #465 on: February 07, 2003, 07:48:34 PM »
Get to? I meant the 1 player mode stages! Like the backgrounds in Endless mode! Or Time Trial!

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.
~I.S.~

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #466 on: February 07, 2003, 09:41:59 PM »
Hmmm... I've got a guess, but it seems very... I dunno.
Well, the three levels that you'd listed all have sort of a dual-gradiant in the background, as opposed to the other three, which have a single gradiant.
That is, the backmost background in those three levels will gradiate from a color at the top to another where the horizon is, then do another such gradiant beneath that for the ground.

...That's all I could notice for now.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #467 on: February 07, 2003, 10:06:54 PM »
That wasn't what I was thinking of.... but I'll have to see that idea.

HINT: (This may or may not give it away) If you have the game paused while you're looking for this, you won't get far.

~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #468 on: February 07, 2003, 11:11:33 PM »
See? I was too tired to even remember how the game works.
I still don't have the answer.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #469 on: February 09, 2003, 07:16:14 PM »
Hmmmmm, I didn't expect this one to be that hard at all.

~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #470 on: February 09, 2003, 11:35:36 PM »
You never do.

That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #471 on: February 10, 2003, 07:08:43 PM »
The difference between this one and all those other ones is that you can research it without even having to do anything in the game.

~I.S.~

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #472 on: February 10, 2003, 09:35:01 PM »
Oh.  Ha ha.
Double letters.
The names of those three stages contain double letters.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #473 on: February 10, 2003, 09:42:13 PM »
Well, I ... didn't see that...

I meant the backgrounds of the stages, and not their names.... but that is a correct answer.... I guess.

Not what I was looking for, but I'll take it. The answer I was looking for was that in the 3 stages I mentioned (The ones with the double letters), the main character in the background will blink every time you hit the flipping button. On the other 3, they blink randomly.

Go ahead, you get the question.

~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #474 on: February 11, 2003, 12:06:04 AM »
I wouldn't have noticed that, at least not for a while of playing, and Tetris Attack doesn't hold a lot of play value for me, just not the kind of game I easily get into a groove with.
I'm not even going to worry about that preposition.

That was a joke.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #475 on: February 11, 2003, 01:24:56 AM »
Huh, that's weird...
I guess I almost noticed the blinking.  I sat waiting for Gargantua Blargg to blink on his stage, but wrote it off as a random number that kept missing, remembering him blink before (and turning off the sprite layer with his eyes on the emulator, thus determining that he CAN blink.)  Oh, well... I guess there were more similarities than you'd thought...

Okay, here's a question.  And it doesn't even have to do with Yoshi's Island!  But it's still kind of... out there.  If you don't know the answer, finding it might be like a needle in a haysack.  Anyway:

Question.
In Paper Mario, Goombario can potentially be the most well-developed character, having something to say about everyone, everyplace, and practically everything in the game.  In what context does he cite the size of his house in frustration?

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #476 on: March 14, 2003, 05:30:35 PM »
Eh, I guess that wasn't a very good question.  The answer was in Tubba Blubba's Castle.  Goombario remarks on how just this one hallway (the save room just before Tubba Blubba's room) is bigger than his entire house, and how it bugs him.

It's amazing how much they gave everyone to say in that game, and how much writing it had to take.  I mean, most every person in Toad Town has something different to say at least once a chapter, and sometimes several times.  Random characters always seem to be up on current events.
And then Goombario.  He knows EVERY character.  EVERY toad in toad town (most seem to love gossip).  Plus there's a remark for every screen.  Something different for each square in the desert, for each room in every fortress...  He can even explain all of the plants on Lavalava Island.  And it's not just the same thing.  Sometimes he's got a cheesy remark, sometimes he complains, sometimes it gives insight into his character...  Think about it.  I'll let the question go if you just think about it.

Anyway... Here's another form Paper Mario.

Question.
What location has a song similar to that of Dry Dry Desert but with a more friendly feel?  That is to say, the melody is the same, but it's in a major key, and with different instruments.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #477 on: March 14, 2003, 07:07:23 PM »
I was about to guess that or in front of Bow's Mansion.... ah well.

The new question... The theme from Tubba Blubba's Castle sounds a little like it. Or, if it didn't COUNT as the desert, the Oasis has a more .... major feel. I don't think ... either of those are it though... I can't think of anyplace else though.

Meh, I like minor songs A LOT more, anyways.

~I.S.~

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #478 on: March 14, 2003, 11:06:04 PM »
Neup.  Neither of those (the oasis still counts as the desert music.)

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #479 on: March 14, 2003, 11:50:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's not Crystal Palace... is it Shiver City?

I didn't even see your last question, Fifth. I don't know how that happened...

I fear the monkey in your soul.
That was a joke.

Print