Print

Author Topic: Ideas to boost mario's popularity  (Read 8824 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2003, 04:02:16 PM »
Seems like most of this conversation is about Peach. It doesn't really matter to me what Peach wears, but maybe it's just me.
 n/a

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2003, 08:53:30 PM »
People don't get it, do they?
It's all stylized. It's not supposed to look anywhere near real or modern. It's a cartoon. They don't need to change.

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2003, 08:58:20 PM »
But they need to look good. Nowadays, games have girls with bigger body parts than they should have to get more money. They give girls almost nothing to wear and, well, i dunno about the guys. Me and Miyamoto are so alike. We dont like doing that junk.

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2003, 09:46:14 PM »
For the record, I don't know when people are supposed to use the phrase "for the record".  But for the record, I don't think that way about girls, Sapphira.

The Lollipop Treeeee!  -My friend Kyle
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2003, 10:29:41 PM »
I dont either, but it's so common in the US, I thought I shouldve just said the truth.

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2003, 11:10:15 PM »
Woah, your all nuts... Mario just needs better advertising, and get back to the Mariio 64 formula.
No, really, I did get SMA4 six days early.

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2003, 08:57:15 AM »
God, I didn't realise there would be so many replies on this topic.

BTW: They should use Peach's look in Mario Tennis more often.

"It's the end of the road Galvatron!" Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie
"Powemaster Optimus Prime, Greatest Leader Of His Time"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2003, 09:44:32 PM »
Replace "Mario Tennis" with "SSBM."
That was a joke.

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2003, 06:58:17 PM »
I don't think Mario has to be any less kiddy than it already is. I like it just the way it is.

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2003, 07:21:33 PM »
Bowser: More fierce
Don't care what they look like (just so they don't look real idiotic, meaning LEAVE THERE CLOTHES THE SAME)
Mushroom Kingdom and Sarasa Land should go into a war (not bloody violence)
MAKE ANOTHER MARIO GAME

I''m the 79th gamemaster!

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2003, 07:25:58 AM »
Kooper's got it right. SM64 will ALWAYS be the best and they need to go back to the formula.

And give it a rest with the clothing! Peach will never look sexy no matter what she wears so shut up.
Yeah! Us Yoshis are the best! We eat and eat and help Mario and eat and lose our kids...and...other stuff.

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2003, 01:04:22 PM »
Stick to the Mario 64 formula? What do you think Mario Sunshine was? Eh? EH?

Also, why are you people so paranoid about human evolution? The people who admired others' bodies had more kids, and they had a good chance of doing the same, they had more kids, those kids did the same. Human sexuality, played to or not, is there. It exists. Don't run. It's not sick, or gross, or perverted. It is natural, immensely helpful, and is the only thing that kept the human race from dying out. No mating, no attraction, then no Fungi Forums. No society to think it's "sick," no underwear packages (pun intended) to admire, no beach volleyball to be popular, and most importantly to me...I wouldn't exist.

I like things that make me exist. Call me crazy.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2003, 01:07:43 PM »
Wow, Supershine. Those are THE worst ideas for a Mario game, since Super Mario Moonshine. The only reason Rare made Conker a "bad boy" is because at first, he was nothing more than another loser Rare character (like Banjo & Kazooie). Rare figured Banjo & Kazooie were way to childish to attract adults and older kids, so they made Conker an "older person" mascot. Mario, on the other hand, can never be an "older person" mascot. You know how long Mario has been the kids hero? 20-22 years! Look, a consle mascot has GOT to have these things in order to be a consle mascot:

1.Has to be a kid friendly character. He (or she) can NOT have violent weapons, like Master Chief. His weapons must be cute little weapons, like FLUDD.
2. The character MUST be likeable. This is one reason why Sony decided to not have Crash Bandicoot as there mascot.
3.The mascot can not be ugly. No offense to Abe, but he is way to ugly to be Xbox's mascot.

PS My idea for the next few Mario games is for Luigi to be a second playable character, just like in the old games.

---------------------------------------------

You messed up my moose!-Rabbit
"I hate people who quote themselves in there signatures"-Me

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2003, 07:05:57 PM »
Mario and Luigi need a game together on the GameCube.

X-Box and PS2 Suck with a capital "S".
Deezer was here.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2003, 07:40:47 PM »
I pretty much agree with Alucard ... except I know some older gamers (and even one 50 year old guy) who like Mario.
That was a joke.

Print