Print

Author Topic: "So, all you do is play video games?"  (Read 31491 times)

« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2006, 03:15:38 AM »

Wow, BP exploded. :o
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2006, 10:42:27 AM »
*Bashes Glorb*
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2006, 11:01:47 AM »
I wish I'd have been playing video games instead of reading the last several posts. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2006, 07:51:19 PM »
You know, if video games weren't invented, there wouldn't be new entertainment, new technology, and less fan websites. I can't belive that stupid Jack Thompson guy. You can't actually SUE a company just because they think their games are immature. All these quotes are crap and they need to get one thing: A DANG LIFE! So TMKers and guest people, DO NOT...I repaet, DO NOT vote for Hillary Clinton or agree with Jack Thompson.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2006, 07:55:57 PM »
I think coolkid's referring to this.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2006, 11:45:07 PM »
At least that topic had "character" spelled correctly in the title.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2006, 01:46:52 PM »
Yes, I like to keep it classy when making infantile jokes about Flash Man.
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2006, 09:39:54 PM »
Sorry man, but you hit my
"O NO HE DIDN'T!!!!!!!!11!!11!!11!!!1!1!!!1!!1one!!!1!111!!111!111!!1!!11!11!!1!!1!1!!1111!!!!1!!111" Button when you said Solid Snake.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 09:22:43 PM by solidmushroom »

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2006, 12:44:36 PM »
And by Flash man he did it,but took it out of hand with Solid Snake*barfs*,and if he likes *blank*ual content play Super Smash Bros. (The N64 one)and do an electric attack on Samus.NOTE:With Flash Man he ment hot flashes.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2006, 03:28:18 PM »
Well, with Flash Man, it could go either way. BUT that's waaay off-topic. Plus, it was a joke. As in, not meant to be taken seriously. But anyway, I apologize to Solid Snake, Sodom, Flash Man, Wood Man, Hard Man, their fans, family members, next of kin and lawyers for any mental or physical damage I have most surely inflicted.

(By the way, what does "*blank*ual" mean?)

Now, BACK ON TOPIC.
every

« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2006, 09:12:02 AM »
At my shool im a videogame nerd oh well life will go on.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2006, 08:01:39 AM »
Exactly. And, I hope I don't offend, are there any other video game nerds at your school? There have to be. So I don't know where the stereotype of the lonely gamer ever came from. Maybe it came from the stereotype of the lonely nerd playing Dungeons & Dragons, but you still need one or two more buddies to play D&D.
every

« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2006, 01:56:31 AM »
I have to agree that most gamers have to deal with unreasonable, rude, and downright unneccesary comments from people at one point or another. What really makes me mad is when my own family does it (I fixed that problem by getting introducing them to the wonders of the Mario Party franchise. Easy to explain and understand, and for non-gamers, it's easy to enjoy because of a lack of extreme complexity. Or, for that matter, much complexity. Yay for simple but effectively fun gameplay.). For instance, when I unwrapped my DS last Christmas, and was excited about it, my oldest sister (about 10 years older than me, she was 23 then) felt the need to insult my maturity by saying that until I stopped putting video game related items on my christmas list, I was still at least a little immature. I was about ready to smack her if it weren't for the holly-jolly-christmas-spirit floating about the room.

People assume that we're all either nerds, stupid, immature, rude, or all of the above. This goes with the 'Mario is for little kids' theory, too. I told one of my fanfiction-writing buddies that I was working on a fic for the Mario franchise, and she just laughed at me. It took me for freakin' ever to prove to her that there are some DARNED good fanfic oppurtunities in there, and that it was possible to have a big interest in the franchise at my age or older and still be mature.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 01:58:37 AM by GammaGal »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2006, 12:32:52 PM »
Oh, what a tangled web we weave. The following is a true story.

Early a few days ago, I was in my room, when I heard, of all things, my dad's train buddies coming over (the whole reason this topic was started). As I came out simply to get a glass of milk, one of them called me over. Apparently, through some kind-of cruel twist of fate, he had found out about this topic, and spent eight years telling me about how immature I was for starting it.

Okay, what? How did he even find out about this? That means that he is either a reader/member of this board, or someone told him about it. He acted as if I had spread vicious misinformation about him on the Internet, and tried to disprove everything I said. So my dad grounded me for a week, presumably as punishment for bad-mouthing his friend. I'm not really angry, just so annoyed that someone can hold a grudge against me for telling the truth.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2006, 06:10:38 PM »
Glorb, I feel for you. That is just plain rediculous. Those train-loving yahoos need to be slapped (No offense to your father). However, what exactly did that guy say to try and "disprove" you? How did the event go along?

Print