Print

Author Topic: PaperLuigi's Challenge  (Read 42862 times)

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 11:06:34 PM »
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 12:01:39 AM »
Due to the overwhelming insanity of this contest, I have officially deemed this contest The Worst Contest in the history of the World... Ever.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 12:16:40 AM »
I have to second Koopaslaya. :|
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 01:02:37 AM »
Twelve days. I give it twelve days at most.

Because then we'll all be talking about...

...And PL and mm will either give up or be kicking themselves...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 01:52:03 AM »
How about as an added bonus, these guys can only post here? That way it could run its whole course of a month.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2008, 09:56:16 AM »
I agree with the opinion that it's kinda dumb, but I get dibs on the slot for the February challenge.
every

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 10:00:02 AM »
Due to the overwhelming insanity of this contest, I have officially deemed this contest The Worst Contest in the history of the World... Ever.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 11:01:36 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2008, 10:38:20 AM »
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2008, 01:33:43 PM »
Amen.
How about as an added bonus, these guys can only post here? That way it could run its whole course of a month.
Shouldn't this topic be in Forum Games? How about they can only post there?

megamush loses for 1) attaching pictures, which requires text in the text box (as well as the file name and image size, etc) and 2) at least PaperLuigi finds his own images. Way to not think for yourself or be at all creative.

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2008, 02:02:46 PM »
Amen.Shouldn't this topic be in Forum Games? How about they can only post there?

megamush loses for 1) attaching pictures, which requires text in the text box (as well as the file name and image size, etc) and 2) at least PaperLuigi finds his own images. Way to not think for yourself or be at all creative.

Okay, look. It's fine that you think that this contest sucks, and I don't have a problem with you telling me that I'm uncreative. But leave megamush out of this, he's the one that volunteered and I had absolutely no idea that he'd receive abuse just for attaching images (it's not against the rules, btw). If people really hate this contest that much, there are three things I can do.

1. Change the challenge to something else.
2. Give up all together.
3. I can stop posting images and leave it all to megamush, but that totally defeats the purpose of the challenge (see purpose below).

If I change the challenge, megamush will still have the opportunity to earn January's title and he will not be penalized for posting words again.  Really, I thought this would be fun and had no idea I'd receive a negative reaction. Is there anything wrong with posting images? Does it really hurt anyone that much? My main objective was to bond with some of the members here by having to overcome a challenge for one month, but it looks like I only made things worse.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 02:05:07 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2008, 02:39:39 PM »
Hey, aww, don't be like that. I certainly don't mind, and I'm definitely going to join the next challenge, assuming it's not too weird. I like this idea, so please don't get rid of it.

Not to sound like a dirty hippy, but c'mon everyone, be nice. It's like when big kids make fun of little kids for playing games; do you really gain anything from bullying short people?
every

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2008, 02:59:27 PM »
Never did I say the words "I think your contest sucks" or "I think you suck" or "I think megamush sucks". I pointing out why megamush failed. I would think for such a creative contest, creativity would be a key factor.

On a side note, don't you think megamush can fight his own battles?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2008, 03:08:23 PM »
Uh, not in his current state. That's like trying to win a presidential debate using charades.
every

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2008, 03:12:48 PM »
Isn't that essentially what most of them are doing anyway?

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2008, 03:17:58 PM »
Not to sound like a dirty hippy, but c'mon everyone, be nice. It's like when big kids make fun of little kids for playing games; do you really gain anything from bullying short people?

PaperLuigi's short?  I also would like to see a presidential debate using only charades.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

Print