Print

Author Topic: Is Game Boy dead?  (Read 29917 times)

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2006, 07:44:12 AM »
What? Why would you want to kill the game's music and replace it with something else?
Because maybe the game has bad music!
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2006, 03:32:50 PM »
I noticed something. Everyone's been saying that the Game Boy's not dead because there's the DS and Wii, and because it's still popular among its fans.

1. The DS and Wii are not the Game Boy, and have nothing to do with it.

2. Of course the Game Boy's still popular among its fans. That's what fans are for!

3. I really hate to say it, but Nintendo has killed the GB, if only by accident.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2006, 03:45:16 PM »
People are still making games for it. How is it killed?
That was a joke.

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2006, 03:51:08 PM »
Chup's right, but where do we draw the line?  I hear that the Dreamcast is getting new games later this year:  Is it still alive?  Was it sort of in a coma?
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2006, 06:45:35 PM »
Well, Dreamcast has been getting a small amount of new games released in Japan ever since it was discontinued, and apparently they are still continuing.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2006, 10:11:07 AM »
Well, technically the Dreamcast is in a vegitative state. Sega recently started manufacturing small amounts of them again, and a few games are still being made for it. But most of the online networks are down or shut off completely.

But just because the Game Boy still has some crappy licensed games being made for it doesn't mean it's alive. It's probably in the same state as the 'Cast: still being made and with a trickle of games still being released, but nothing to get excited or happy about.
every

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2006, 10:41:12 AM »
Wow I don't remember the last time I've played a Dreamcast...like maybe 5 years ago. I do remember playing my gameboy yesterday, so I think that if DeadAwake is saying that Dreamcast is still alive...gameboy has to be.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2006, 09:30:16 PM »
That isn't logical. Just because you haven't played one doesn't mean there haven't been games made for it or that other people haven't played it recently.
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2006, 01:59:16 AM »
The DS is a Game Boy, it just doesn't have the name Game Boy in the title; it has a new name. It's a portable system made by Nintendo. Nothing is dying, no need to be melodramatic.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2006, 07:02:07 AM »
nintendo said itself that the DS is not  a Gameboy. Anyway, the Gameboy will never die. Even if people stop making games for it, lots of people still have them and play them. After its long history of being a handheld system monopoly, it will be remembered for a long time. At least that's my opinion...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2006, 11:18:21 AM »
They may have said it, but that doesn't change the fact that it is.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2006, 11:22:26 AM »
No, it's not. Nintendo has said that the DS and Game Boy are "two seperate pillars" (or something to that effect). When did Nintendo stop making the decisions for the Nintendo systems' names?
every

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2006, 11:24:27 AM »
What defines something as a Game Boy?  Having portability?  I suppose we should call Yogurt Smoothie Packs a type of Game Boy!

In all seriousness now, I realize that as Game Boys went on, they began having games only compatible with themselves, while still playing the old games, like GBC could play GBC and GB games.  And GBA could play GBA, GBC and GB games.  I guess technically, since the DS can play GBA games, it is sort of a Game Boy.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2006, 05:05:05 PM »
well jsut cause the GBA era is over doesn't mean tht the whole Game Boy Project is dead....us nintendo fans need to believe tht Game Boy Will ressurect and become glourious once again.....<mwha ha ah aha ha ha aha>
Super Mario.....The King Of Nintendo

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2006, 05:39:57 PM »
GMA games are still being made for some reason. Once that stops, then it's purpose as a way to give Nintendo more and more money will be over. It will only die if people stop liking it.

So it's still alive.
Senior Mariology professor

Print