I read it quite often
0 (0%)
S'alright; I read it once in a blue moon
7 (38.9%)
I have a neutral view on the subject
2 (11.1%)
I don't like it at all
4 (22.2%)
I hate all fanfiction with a passion and will verbally express this at any given opportunity
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Print

Author Topic: Fanfiction  (Read 5761 times)

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 02:29:20 PM »
I used to write fanfiction, but I haven't written anything lately unless you count the rewriting of my first one last year. Also, I read fanfics only once in awhile. In short, I don't have problem with it.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 03:54:59 PM »
I read them on occasion. There are a scant few good ones, but most are utter crap.

The only Fanfiction I ever read was Toasty64's (He's the author right?) "Mario's High School Days" and that was pretty good.
I remember enjoying this one, too. I believe it still exists in some form or another.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 04:04:57 PM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 06:25:19 PM »
S'allright. I'll read it once in a blue moon.

This only happens if I stumble across one that is well written (such as Sapph's The Prophecy for example), but other than that, I usually think of Fanfiction as utter crap, usually because the person who wrote it is either:

1. An idiot
2. Butchers the English language
3. it's obvious their grammar/spelling mistakes were because they weren't even trying
or 4. All of the above

It's nice when the author can write a story using either existing characters, or completely new ones.

As a side note: I've been thinking of writing a piece for a while, but I am not much of a writer. I have some trouble staying focused, but of course I will try..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print