Print

Author Topic: Looking for Sandman  (Read 5704 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« on: March 16, 2009, 05:34:48 AM »

Making this thread because I've essentially forgotten how to sleep, and I feel that if I don't do something about it, I might have to suffer some serious health issues. I've tried everything, and now I've gotten to the point where I've stayed up for 24+ hours at a time without even feeling the least bit tired.

So if anyone has any tips or ideas on how to sleep that doesn't require medicine, feel free to post. Or if you want to talk about the TF2 Scout Update, go right ahead. The idea that someone replies to a thread I made may provide me with self esteem which I could use towards my quest of Sleep-Fu.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 07:34:03 AM »
Think of a familiar voice in your head as you lie down and close your eyes.  You could imagine it speaking to you or to no one in general.  A similar trick is to think of a song you know.  But for me, if I play a song in my head (or even on my radio or CD player), I have it stuck in my head the next morning.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 07:41:32 AM »
I know what not to do: Count sheep. Apparently, it makes you so bored your mind wanders off and starts thinking about other, more interesting things, and you can't sleep.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 09:07:59 AM »
Coincidentally I purposefully stayed awake all last night and am on my 26th hour of continuous consciousness.

You aren't going to like this: Exercise properly with a warm up and cool down time. Don't eat after 6 pm.

I haven't unlocked any of the Scout weapons, I think I only have the Bat Man achievement.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 09:09:49 AM by TEM »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 09:49:33 AM »
I thought this thread was going to be abut Neil Gaiman.
That was a joke.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 11:50:55 AM »
I have trouble sleeping sometimes, but I usually just fall asleep. Start studying meditation. Train your mind to not wander. It might help.

Why did you post a picture of Max Vance/a Max Vance lookalike in your first post?
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 12:06:07 PM »
Get some chamomile tea and melatonin at your local health food store.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 07:26:39 PM »
If you have access to it, play the original Animal Crossing. I don't know why, but that is the only game that has ever put me to sleep. I used to have a wrestling theme in my basement, and would often have my character lie down for a nap before I dozed off.

I was playing late at night one time and apprently fell asleep right in front of my Gyroid.. The 2AM music woke me up, as did the walking noise of several of my neighbors footsteps on the ground.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 01:16:29 AM »
If I curl up in bed and get warm and comfortable with my face half-buried in a pillow, any game could put me to sleep. Pokémon and Phoenix Wright are effective--not boring, just slow.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 04:59:36 PM »
Intense music makes me fall asleep; the harder and faster, the better. Headphones only; speakers just keep me awake. I'm thinking of making a chillout playlist composed entirely of The Prodigy, Spor, and Mash Out Posse.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 07:27:27 PM »
I used to fall asleep to Prodigy in the car when I was a kid. Bass shakers FTW.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 08:21:41 PM »
When I can't fall asleep, it is usually because I have too much on my mind. SO I listen to a song that clears my mind. I have only done this once and it worked. Be aware of what you listen to. If you listen to Free Bird, the song will get stuck in your head and it will just add to everything going on in your head. I used Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 10:30:14 PM »
Listening to entire albums is a pretty good way to go to sleep, if they're the right albums. Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd always seems to put me to sleep, as do several Beatles albums.

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 11:36:18 PM »
I sometimes have a hard to getting to sleep as well, but I don't think it's because of insomnia. Here's a list of things you should try in order to get a good night's rest:

• Make sure that you're getting 8 hours of sleep every night.
  • Don't eat candy and drink sweet drinks (like soda) before bed.
  • Wake up at the same time each and everyday.
  • Take a hot bath before bed. (It's relaxing)
  • Drink hot milk before bed. (Optional)
  • Cover any visible LED lights before bed.
  • In order for you to sleep well, your room has to be pitch black when the lights are off. (That's how I get to sleep)
  • And make your sleeping environment comfortable by dimming the lights, turning off the TV, computer and video games.

Sometimes, I'll just lay down on my bed and think about the future. Then in about 3 or 5 minutes ...I'm in dream land.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 11:51:09 PM by FlamingBlueMardio »
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 12:48:10 AM »
I wouldn't want to go to Dream Land. I'd squish Kirby.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print