Print

Author Topic: Religion  (Read 71056 times)

« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2002, 08:05:20 PM »
hello! im a christian and i think dkfan is awesome. hes preachin the good news to everybody and yall are all flamin him. all he is doin is sayin wut he believes, and black mage is attacking him. dkfan-i encourage you in your walk w/God. may it be awesome and full of blessings(ya, thats right, a relationship w/God can be awesome!)

blackmage-you are entilted to your own opinion, you think there is no God, i believe you wrong cuz i believe in God (but thats my opinion that i think your wrong) but just plz listen to wut dkfan sez, it could change your life, no, correction, it WILL change your life!!! i pray for everyone that doesnt know Jesus Christ, i hope everyone goes to heaven, but i know that sadly not everyone will. because they chose not to listen to those that were preachin the good news, they chose to do it the hard way and go to hell rather than to listen to wut the Christians hafta say and follow it and not go to hell. im tellin ya, to follow God is so cool! plz just listen to me and take those first steps into christianity. pray to God and ask him to 4give your sin, plz do it. i love you guys!
"Tetris: the movie"
Yeah, I can see that. A guy throwing bricks out of a window for 2 hours.

« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2002, 08:10:03 PM »
oh yeah i also 4got to say, i dont know if this has been covered already but i wanna say that there is proof that there is such a thing as God. although its not real big proof, there is proof. but i dont need proof, i have faith, thats wut christanity is all about!

YAY i got the first post of the new page!

« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2002, 11:44:32 AM »
duke, duke, duke
blackmage believes in God

as for your proof?  what is it?
what PROOF is there that there is a God?
what proof is there that jesus walked on water or fed a heck of a lot of people with limited fish and bread?
the proof of the bible?
what if i had some stories claiming i knew some things about God and jesus [which should be pronounced heyzeus, not geezus] that changed a little by everyone that retold my tale until finally four guys write a big book and centuries later everyone follows some goofy religion that i made up in a weekend
is that the kind of proof you had?
what if i have proof that aliens shot a ray up micheal jackson's nose and made it look how it does?
proof...pah

_0-/<______________
who wants to buy a skunkle?
_0-/<):________________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2002, 11:54:37 AM »
excerpt from "the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy" [i would have this in italics but this board doesn't have all of the features http://ultnintendo.proboards4.com has]

"...some thinkers have chosen to see [what i'm about to tell you] as a final and clinching proof of the NON-existence of God.
   "the argument goes something like this: 'i refuse to prove that i exist,' says God, 'for proof denies faith, and without faith i am nothing.'
     "'but,' says Man, 'the babel fish [some creature that they have in the story] is a dead give away, isn't it? it could not have evolved by chance.  it proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguements, you don't. QED'[i dunno what QED is..]
     "'oh dear,' says God, 'i hadn't thought of that,' and promply vanishes in a puff of logic.
     "'oh, that was easy,' says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next pedestrian crossing."

_0-/<______________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2002, 02:15:49 PM »
Is there a Santa Claus?

1) No known species of reindeer can fly. BUT there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not COMPLETELY rule out flying reindeer which only Santa has ever seen.

2) There are 2 billion children (persons under 18) in the world. BUT since Santa doesn't appear to handle the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children, that reduces the workload to 15% of the total - 378 million according to Population Reference Bureau. At an average census rate of 3.5 children per household, that's 91.8 million homes. (One presumes there's at least one good child in each.)

3) Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with good children, Santa has 1/1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false but for the purposes of our calculations we will accept), we are now talking about...78 miles per household, a total trip of 75-1/2 million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us must do at least once in 31 hours, plus feeding and etc.

This means that Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man- made vehicle on earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second - a conventional reindeer can run, tops, 15 miles per hour.

4) The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium-sized Lego set (2 pounds), the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that "flying reindeer" (see point #1) could pull TEN TIMES the normal amount, we cannot do the job with eight, or even nine. We need 214,200 reindeer. This increases the payload - not even counting the weight of the sleigh - to 353,430 tons.

5) 353,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance - this will heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as spacecraft re-entering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 QUINTILLION joules of energy. Per second. Each. In short, they will burst into flames almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them, and create deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire reindeer team will be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. A 250-pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force.

6) I asked my parents and they said that they were the ones who gave me the presents.

-------
La taille de sein n`importe pas. Aussi longtemps que vous n`êtes pas dégoûter gros, et votre face n`est pas laide, vous êtes bon avec moi. A moins que vous planifiez sur le nourrir vos enfants avec votre propre lait, vous n`avez pas besoin des grands seins.

« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2002, 11:41:39 AM »
uh...
the santa clause was just disproved, making their religion of santaclausian stronger because the only way to prove that their god doesn't exist is to prove that their god does exist

_0-/<______________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2002, 11:55:50 AM »
hey frost bite, about that santa thing. dont forget to minus the time for the naugthy children. so lets see if you do that, that takes of millions of hours, cause nobodys perfect for the whole year, heck, nobodys prefect at all! also you hafta minus the time for the children that dont believe in santa, so basically santa just sits around on hif fat tushy and watches tv all year.

p.s. speaking of santa, did n e one ever see that dana carvy skit on s.n.l. were he was dressed up as some sunday school teacher lady and he made the word "santa" look like "satan" by switching around a few letters. that was hysterical!

« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2002, 05:39:49 PM »
Frostbite, that is the most intelligent post I have ever seen on the internet. Bravo! That made for a very interesting read. I have to say I never even sat down and thought about it like that. Very good.
Of course there is the theorie of multiple santas for every continent or country. Or that the elves help out.
But anyway, Santa doesn't exist, we all know that.
And my religion is christian, and my denomination is Methodist.

Pretty funny, eh Mikey? -Legion, Shadowman

« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2002, 12:26:23 PM »
oh sure,
congratulate the guy who disproved santa claus
not the guy who disproved God

_0-/<______________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2002, 04:03:21 PM »
God does exsist.

« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2002, 07:20:09 AM »
I think somebody a while back said that there's no proof that Jesus existed. Well he did. It's been proved by scientists that the guy existed.
Even if you do not believe that he was the son of god, Jesus did walk this earth.

« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2002, 02:35:36 PM »
i bet he wasn't some light brown haired, white guy though!
[that's how jesus is most often portrayed]

_0-/<______________
Y8FooD...well, you did

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2002, 05:52:31 PM »
"blackmage-you are entilted to your own opinion, you think there is no God, i believe you wrong cuz i believe in God (but thats my opinion that i think your wrong)"

...Eh? I guess it's an understandable mistake. Um, well cable cleared it up I guess, so I wont dwell on it.

"...some thinkers have chosen to see [what i'm about to tell you] as a final and clinching proof of the NON-existence of God.
"the argument goes something like this: 'i refuse to prove that i exist,' says God, 'for proof denies faith, and without faith i am nothing.'
"'but,' says Man, 'the babel fish [some creature that they have in the story] is a dead give away, isn't it? it could not have evolved by chance. it proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguements, you don't. QED'[i dunno what QED is..]
"'oh dear,' says God, 'i hadn't thought of that,' and promply vanishes in a puff of logic.
"'oh, that was easy,' says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next pedestrian crossing."

Ah yes, very good book. I've always found it difficult to argue points when taken from those books.Douglas Adams was one smart guy, thats for sure. However, countless times, God has given us proof in one way or another. Whether you believe it was from God is the dependent variable. If you do believe it to be from God, you already have faith, hence underminding the need for the proof. If you do not believe it was from God, then you have no faith to begin with hence not enableing you to even consider the chance. The way I see it, is that without faith, there will be no way for you to believe in God in the living world.

Of course, I could go off on how logic simply cannot be proven, but I've done that before.

« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2002, 08:06:28 PM »
I'm an atheist, I'm too lazy and cynical to believe in any heavenly figures. I didn't even fully believe in Santa Claus when I was a kid, and I was a pretty gullible kid. At the tender age of 8, I thought it was weird that some guy I had never met would wiggle his fat butt down the chimmny just to give me stuff. Ah, good times.

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2002, 11:32:06 AM »
I didn't read pages 2-8...did I miss anything of interest?

LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.
LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.

Print