Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1296724 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4470 on: August 05, 2009, 06:38:43 PM »
My customized trigger is "!pokeymanz," not to be confused with Mushroom_Boy's "!pokeball." 

But I'll admit I use ":P" too much.
:P

I'm trying to break the habit.
:P

GAH!
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #4471 on: August 05, 2009, 10:21:43 PM »
I'm finally being quoted in chat transcripts! Woo-hoo!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4472 on: August 05, 2009, 10:30:48 PM »
That wasn't a chat transcript. It was a one-act play about #tmk, and a pretty decent one at that. I like the swift response to the single meme.

« Reply #4473 on: August 05, 2009, 11:09:12 PM »
Whichever. It was still great. :)

What meme are you talking about?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #4474 on: August 05, 2009, 11:22:24 PM »
I snuck "Longcat" into the URL of the first Youtube link.

Technicaly speaking, the whole thing could be considered a faux transcript, if it's any consolation.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4475 on: August 06, 2009, 06:15:33 AM »
Weegee you forgot the part where I come in once in a blue moon and everybody pretends not to hear me 'cause I'm not cool enough for them.
every

« Reply #4476 on: August 06, 2009, 01:48:40 PM »
Huh? Did someone just say something?

Nah, must've been the wind.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4477 on: August 06, 2009, 01:50:03 PM »
Close, but I don't think the wind blows quite as hard.

« Reply #4478 on: August 06, 2009, 01:52:03 PM »

EDIT: I still love you, Glorb.

EDIT EDIT: Back to hopeful, I pre-ordered The Beatles: Rock Band yesterday. It's gonna be fab.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:56:55 PM by Weegee »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4479 on: August 06, 2009, 02:07:01 PM »
It's like being flipped off and kicked in the stomach by someone who doesn't even know you.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4480 on: August 06, 2009, 02:14:03 PM »
Yeah, I fail to understand how BP sounded like a foul-mouthed tyrant in this simulation. On top of that, #TMK is not so perpetually animus.

« Reply #4481 on: August 06, 2009, 02:20:40 PM »
he [Rao] is a conflicted, soulless troll whose sole purpose is to bring grief to people on the Internet as he has no one to grief in real life.

I partially based BP's reaction on out-of-IRC posts like this. Likewise, it was a satirical parody of #tmk in which everyone is essentially a caricature of how I've seen them act.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4482 on: August 06, 2009, 02:33:23 PM »
Well, I was angry when I said that, at 1) Rao, for returning to #tmk only to repeat the past, and at 2) you, for thinking you could judge about seven people based on an accumulated thirty-two minutes or so of talking to 'em. At the time, it was Suffix you were misjudging. Dreadfully misjudging.

I'm sorry for what I said in the quote above this post here. I just explained why I was so merciless, so take what you will from that. I don't think any of it was particularly unfounded, no--just out of line.

I do not like being played as some kind of high/mighty above-the-law crooked cop. The last ban I did, before Rao's first one? I don't remember it. The last kick I did was on Turtle, it was kind of a joke; kicks are really nothing anyway, you can come right back in. Sapphira used to do it to me all the time so I guess I'm just desensitized to 'em. But alas, that one was made loud and clear during the phase where everyone on TMK who had the slightest bit of power was fascist, some three months ago (?).
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4483 on: August 06, 2009, 05:11:32 PM »
Ah, the classic Team Rocket Motto-kick.  I remember it well.
Now that I think of it, perhaps Bird Person's motto should be "To protect #TMK from devastation."

I'm hopeful because my dad finally installed Firefox on this computer.  I'm enjoying it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #4484 on: August 06, 2009, 09:25:59 PM »
Is it really that different from IE? We had Firefox at school, and I've yet to find any features on it which trump IE's generally-user-friendly accessibility.

Print