Print

Author Topic: GlorbWare now open!  (Read 5961 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: July 19, 2006, 08:11:46 AM »
I have now opened GlorbWare, inc. So far, my first game is an interactive fiction game that I'm entering in the Interactive Fiction Competition (www.ifcomp.org). I won't spoil anything, but it involves a race against time and a crayon.
GlorbWare will also produce many other types of games, like:

Red Baron 2092, a flight simulator/shooter with a zombie Red Baron
Blue Alert, a second-person shooter (the view of the guy getting shot)
Ninjas vs. Pirates, a beat-'em-up set in historical time periods

So this topic serves two purposes: 1) to announce my new game(s?) and 2) to ask for a little help. If anyone here is able to design a cool logo and a catchy slogan (not 100% neccesary), then that would be vey appreciated. As equally appreciated would be beta testers and the like.

Until then,
Glorb
every

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 11:06:40 AM »
theres nothing there.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 05:12:56 PM »
What does that mean?
every

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 07:41:11 PM »
Red Baron 2092 and particularly Blue Alert are cool ideas. You realize that to be second-person, the player will still have to control the shooter, right?

I'll try to think up a catchy slogan and could beta test as well.

P.S. IFComp rocks.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 07:45:02 PM by Lizard Dude »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 11:36:14 AM »
Well, for Blue Alert, here is my idea:

You initially play as the hero/heroine for the first minute (you can customize him/her with clothes and weapons). Then, as soon as he/she engages an enemy, you switch over to the view of the enemy, trying to kill/be killed by the hero. You have lower health than the hero, but you can call for backup, and the battle is in real time. As soon as the hero has been wounded, he/she runs off and engages another group of enemies. As soon as the hero has been defeated, your squad moves up in rank and you defend the next floor, until you eventually play as the boss. So it's like a psuedo-squad tactics game where you create the boss.

As for Red Baron 2092 and Ninjas vs. Pirates...

RB2092 is an aerial shooter set in a hypothetical WWIII, where the Red Baron has been resurrected as a cyborg. All the levels are essentially boss battles, with dogfights between you and the Baron.
NVP is a beat-'em-up game where you control eather a Ninja or a Pirate. In Co-Op mode, you play as both characters, with all sorts of Mario and Luigi-style tag-team moves.

I anticipate beginning work on these games possibly in '07, after I see how The Apocalypse Clock (my IF game) does.
every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 02:51:08 PM »
My question: What will you be using to make these games?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 12:36:45 PM »
Well, for my IF games, I'll be using the Inform programming language (inform-fiction.org). As for the three (so far) graphical games, I'll be using either Flash (if I, through some miracle of science, figure out how to make Flash games) or, more likely, Game Maker or a similar program. I'm trying to make them look as professional as possible, although I suck at making from-scratch sprites. Even more so at thinking of decent logos.
every

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 12:52:30 AM »
For sprites, try using www.charas-project.net and clicking on the generators. It may be for RPG Maker, but some of the sprites that come out look pretty good and could probably be converted into GM. I made a game with them.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2006, 10:57:25 AM »
Well, generally my games are either side-scrollers or top-down shooters, although it is possible I may make an RPG.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 01:08:51 PM »
This will be your logo

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 06:42:02 PM »
Hmmm...uh, trippy? It's pretty good, though I might need a few more submissions from others.
every

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 12:14:05 AM »
Well, generally my games are either side-scrollers or top-down shooters, although it is possible I may make an RPG.

The facesets are multipurpose really, and the Battle Character sets could work for a platformer. There aren't many resources for the Battle Character generator, though, it went down recently.

I also edited a Ditto sprite, and put GlorbWare on it. Didn't take more than five minutes, so I won't be offended if you don't like it. =D

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 06:12:37 PM »
Heh, I actually like it. It's nice and simple; originally, I intended the logo to be this sort of big, military/Metal Slug-style typeface, but yours is way better than my original.
every

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 01:00:38 AM »
Couple of logo submissions:

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 03:49:43 PM »
Man, US, you're really pwning my original logo. I'd show it if my computer would let me.
every

Print