Print

Author Topic: Super Paper Mario *spoilers maybe*  (Read 6543 times)

« on: April 02, 2007, 03:22:56 PM »
Hey.

I was reading about the aforementioned game on Wikipedia, and it said "Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Luigi are playable." Does this mean it's going to work like Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) where you can choose who to be, like a party, or does it just mean they'll be random times where you play as them for short periods like the last two Paper Marios?

Also, have to say I'm a little shocked at the way the fighting system has been changed so drastically. Not disappointed, slightly excited, but mostly just surprised at it. I'm sure it'll be fun, though.

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! WOOT!
Kickin' it since 2000.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 03:42:26 PM »
You can switch characters on the fly from a menu once they are in your party.

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 04:08:48 PM »
Ahhh, that's cool! So could you technically play the whole game as Bowser?
Kickin' it since 2000.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 04:12:51 PM »
I think you will need to use specific characters' abilities to pass certain portions of the game.

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 04:15:29 PM »
Well, of course, I don't mean literally the entire time. But do you think people will respond to each character differently?
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 04:55:40 PM »
Whoa, an old member has arisen from the dead.

So Luigi's the secret 4th character? Well, that's not too surprising but then again he's been completely ignored in the last two Paper Mario games.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 06:09:32 PM »
You guys do know that Wikipedia isn't always reliable right?

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 07:01:26 PM »
God, I am so tired of people saying wikipedia isn't reliable.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 07:02:56 PM »
It would be a quandry if Luigi wasn't involved... he's on the box art and the title screen.

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 07:18:04 PM »
PaperLuigi, Wikipedia even says itself a good amount of its information is questionable and shouldn't be solely relied on as a source of information.

If people want to question the reliability of the wiki, they can.

Back on topic, I'd like Super Paper Mario, but due to the fact that I have no money...*shrug*
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 07:29:05 PM »
You might be in a quandary, NE89, but the game wouldn't be one. Although I doubt you meant that either, because not being able to decide something doesn't sound like what you were talking about either.
Also, Wikipedia is often completely wrong about Mario games, because of the sheer amount of idiots posting false information and speculation about the games.
I would also comment on the "fighting system" of SPM; seeing as how it is a sidescrolling platformer/RPG, unlike the previous Paper Marios, it doesn't have discrete battle screens and such. It's partially (or mostly) in a different genre from the previous Paper Mario games.
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 08:34:42 PM »
It would be a quandry if Luigi wasn't involved... he's on the box art and the title screen.

Watch it be Toad, or one of Mario's party members from a past PM adventure.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 09:57:17 PM »
I thought this was old news...

Yeah, but it's still pretty cool. Nevermind the fact that it's completely illogical for Bowser or Peach to be there...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 04:00:22 PM »
It might seem illogical now. But who knows, it might make sense in the story.
Kickin' it since 2000.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2007, 04:34:17 PM »
I've seen the strategy guide at a game store, but I didn't read it, though. This game to me seems like playing regular Paper Mario with a bump attack badge on.

Print