Print

Author Topic: AP: Michael Jackson has died  (Read 19758 times)

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2009, 07:07:03 PM »
Yes, because you hadn't joined the forums yet. :)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2009, 07:09:31 PM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2009, 07:21:39 PM »
Somehow I thought he'd die from his nose falling off and the nose place got infected. Either that or 8 year old nuts. :D
Sometimes, I think Mario represents the 60s, but with italians.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2009, 07:24:34 PM »
Oh look, Michael Jackson plastic surgery and pedophilia jokes.

How original.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2009, 07:26:08 PM »
Yes, because you hadn't joined the forums yet. :)

Would either you or Luigison care to explain, or is it common practice to leave newbies uninformed?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2009, 07:27:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure it was just a misguided joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2009, 08:27:13 PM »
I was most definitely a very serious matter.  I didn't say much back then because we were under a court order not to discuss the case and had to be on a media blackout.  Here are two posts I made that might have given people not in the know a clue:

Screech, I mentioned Pac Man and hope they will do it.

The Big Boo, because of the recent Michael Jackson court case in Santa Maria, Ca (where I live) we will not be 'doing' him.

Lizard Dude, good suggestions, but we did Ice last year.

Deezer, I forgot about that one.  It is a must.  Thanks.
I hope to be able to go this year.  The manager at my local GameStop wanted to hire me for the holiday season, but I flew home for a couple of weeks over the holidays and didn't have time.  Now that I may have jury duty I may not have the days to miss work anyway.  (I can't talk about any case I may be on, but will simply say that I live in Santa Maria, Ca.)  Maybe I can work at GameStop this summer and will be able to miss a few days of school/work.   Aside from going to E3 the thing I want most is a SDK for the Nintendo DS.
From Wikipedia:  "Jackson was arraigned on January 16, 2004, at the court of Santa Maria." ... "The jury selection for the jury trial started on January 31, 2005."

It was a surreal time, but on a more positive note here are some pictures of his life and career:  http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2009/06/26/the-life-and-career-of-michael-jackson-in-photos/

They left out pictures of him in his PJ's the day he showed up late for court.  The judge was not at all happy and we were all tired of having to just sit there quietly. 

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2009, 11:14:51 PM »
Wow... well, sorry for the misinterpretation. I can't tell if that's really cool or really haunting.

On a separate note,

Lizard Dude, good suggestions, but we did Ice last year.
Uhh...

(it's okay, I know what you meant)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2009, 07:52:17 AM »
At the trial against Vince Offer for beating up that hooker, I remember Vince looked straight at me in the jury stand, eyes full of anger, and picked up a small doll, strangled it violently, and then pointed to me and the doll to show that the doll represented me. No one else seemed to notice, and the doll disappered shortly thereafter.
every

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2009, 02:21:56 PM »
yeah he was a good musician, but I think Jon Lajoie said it best (he has a youtube video for this):

Michael Jackson is dead, don't pretend to give a **** you ************* hypocrit, remember what you said about him
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 03:46:14 PM by Chupperson Weird »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2009, 08:36:57 PM »
Because the autocensors can't possibly pick up censorable words!
every

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2009, 09:02:25 PM »
The way he originally wrote it evaded the censors.

Kind of like Janet Jackson's boob.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2009, 09:12:01 PM »
In that case, CW just needs to go back and replace bullykoopa's post with a golden, sun-shaped nipple cover.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2009, 08:06:44 PM »
Uh
You realize that these "artists" barely have to do anything? At all? Disney just finds pretty faces and by brute force makes them popular.

I know that.  I don't even consider Disney's stuff music.  I wasn't trying to compare them, I was just saying that MJ and Lisa Marie Presley's kid could have been a star by now. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2009, 11:37:23 PM »
Heck, that child would have burst forth from the womb singing. By the way, isn't it curious that none of Jackson's three children look even remotely black? Despite his pigment-diminishing "skin disorder", he was still a genetically African-American man. Just sayin'.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print