Print

Author Topic: Suspicious About Brawl  (Read 8452 times)

« on: October 29, 2007, 04:31:59 PM »
Don't you guys feel suspicious about all this new stuff in Brawl? It seems too good to be true. Every character imaginable is in it, instant photo taking, a STAGE CREATOR? I'm getting a little scared that maybe it will be so good it's bad. I'm not saying it won't be great, but whoa.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 04:40:26 PM »
The only thing I'm worried about is not finding any surprises when it comes out!

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 04:46:57 PM »
No offense, but I think this topic is lame and unneeded. Brawl is going to rock heavy and be awesome. I mean, come on. So good it's bad? Pshaw.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 04:59:58 PM »
I quite agree with Rao. This is definitely going to be the game that I will never grow tired of playing. I may even take another crack at convincing my friends to put some money together and get a Wii for "the arcade," and Austin can take his GameCube home. I'd be perfectly happy taking the game disc back and forth.
Though it needs more Ness. I have days where I have complete confidence he's not leaving, and others when I'm not so sure...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 05:00:44 PM »
I think Lucas is just Ness with blonde Elvis hair.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 05:03:25 PM »
And, you know, less coolness. And less released-in-America-ness. I personally go by the rule to not use characters from games I've never played.
I hypothesized Lucas grows up to be Larry Butz, and then I discovered his secret past as a Candy Land kid.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 05:37:39 PM »
No, no, Brawl is just going to be super awesome.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 05:38:47 PM »
I'm just hoping people don't dedicate their entire lives to the game for months on end.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 06:08:36 PM »
I kind of think Corleone has a point: what if SSBB is too awesome? So awesome that it's bad?

I couldn't care less if the game has Wifi (no internet at my apatment anyway), but I just hope Toad is playable (they've got PT for crying out loud! He isn't really a character, but rather directs thee different characters!)

Spoilers marked for those who may not know/want to know.

EDIT: Sorry Chup.

EDIT2: Misspelled couldn't. -_-;;
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 06:42:45 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 06:33:11 PM »
This is getting really ridiculous.

The phrase is "couldn't care less", people! I have had to put up with the annoying improper illogical "could care less" twice already in Mega Man ZX Advent.
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 06:41:05 PM »
I can honestly say it isn't living up to be as awesome as I'd thought it would be.

Case in point: Samurai Goroh, Lyn and Little Mac were all relegated to Assist Trophy status. Also, lots of the stages seem to be simply platforms with a nice background. New Pork City is a huge disappointment compared to Hyrule Temple.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 06:58:57 PM »
This is getting really ridiculous.

The phrase is "couldn't care less", people! I have had to put up with the annoying improper illogical "could care less" twice already in Mega Man ZX Advent.

Like it matters...
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 06:59:48 PM »
Yes it does. The two phrases have completly opposite meanings.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 07:16:03 PM »
"I couldn't care less" = "I care so little that it would be impossible for me to care any less."
"I could care less" = "I will not define exactly how much I care but you know I at least care a little."
So, yeah, it does matter, even though we knew what was meant.
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 08:11:57 PM »
As I think I said before, the only thing I think I'm really worried about is that it'll be so good, they won't be able to top it. That's the problem with the Wii; the only games that don't suck are usually so good, there's nowhere to go but down.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print