Print

Author Topic: Swimming is kind of hard in Galaxy  (Read 2743 times)

volbound1700

• Banned
« on: November 25, 2007, 10:18:21 PM »
With the camera angles and the joystick not following the front of Mario makes swimming mode not as fun.  It is not challenging enough to stop you from beating the stage but it does make it less enjoyable.  I wish the camera would follow Mario more resembling the camera from Twilight Princess.  LOZ:TP did a good job with the camera and the swim mode. 
Go Vols!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 11:22:29 PM »
Yeah, I just about lost it on the Bonefin Galaxy, but the swimming missions are usually a cinch anyhoo, so I got over it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 01:00:30 PM »
I noticed that.  However I struggle sometimes to get Mario turned around to swim towards a coin.  However their are no cheep cheeps or other enemies in the first swimmming stage that could get you, only those sea urchins at the bottom.  I think some bloopers appear in the swim tower stage but they don't really bother you much as well. 
Go Vols!

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 03:31:24 PM »
Yes. The swimming is hard in Galaxy. One time I had 99 Purple coins and I tried to swim away from the edge of the ocean on Beach Bowl Galaxy, and the swimming messed up and I died. I had to get all 99 + 1 again. Oh and, if you're near an item such as a green shell and can't get it, if you spin it comes to you. I guess that's a small work-around.

Print