Print

Author Topic: "I Just Don't Get It..."  (Read 27368 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2007, 09:58:52 PM »
*whoosh*
That was a joke.

« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2007, 07:31:41 PM »
What the dukar is a furrie?
A furry is a person who likes to characterize themselves as an anthropomorphic animal, usually by way of drawing, or wearing a fursuit.
Some of them also like to draw dirty pictures of these things.

Sunbun had an anti-furry sig once upon a time shouting "FURRIES ARE EVIL!". I also know MaxVance hates furries, as well.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2007, 07:33:58 PM »
Someday I will find a flamethrower. From that day forward, the furries shall be brought to justice.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2007, 07:42:50 PM »
Still don't get the hate, though.
Really, I believe they're just people. I don't find anything wrong with them, and who am I to judge?

« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2007, 08:09:25 PM »
What the heck are furries?

EDIT: Oops, I just noticed Vid explaining them to us.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2007, 08:29:44 PM »
Yeah... there are varying "degrees" of furries out there. The best ones are the ones who just like furry-themed art and literature... and nothing else. No "fursonas", no "fursuits", and definitely no "yiff".

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2007, 09:06:25 PM »
There's no reason to discriminate because of fetishes--some people just are the way they are, and it's not up to us to judge them.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2007, 09:10:43 PM »
Unless that fetish includes small children and 50 year old men.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2007, 09:15:30 PM »
Oh, yes, forgot about that one... *winces and snaps fingers* ...Obviously, I mean, like, non-violent/invasive stuff. Thus, I have no problem if you have a shoe/glasses/spitting fetish, but stuff like crush fetishes (don't Google that)... Wait, why the **** are we talking about fetishes, again?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2007, 10:03:57 PM »
Because furries of the worst "degree" happen to carry a fetish that most people (myself included) think is screwed up. Bear in mind that not all furries are like that, but the ones who are aren't the same ones I'd pal around with.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2007, 10:22:50 PM »
Just when I thought I had wiped the very idea of furry fetishes from my head, this comes along. Egh. Seriously, that's just a hair above erotic Sonic fan fiction and posing as teen pop idols on MySpace on the creepiness scale.
every

« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2007, 10:25:04 PM »
Yeah... there are varying "degrees" of furries out there. The best ones are the ones who just like furry-themed art and literature... and nothing else. No "fursonas", no "fursuits", and definitely no "yiff".

Even then, I don't think the "dirty" ones are bad, either. They're different, yes, but, again, why judge them? They could be awesome people with likes similar to non-furries. I know a lot of the furries I made friends with at another forum love Nintendo, and have similar music tastes as me.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2007, 10:33:13 AM »
I just have to wonder what possesses one to want to be a furry. I mean, having a "fursona" is no different from an author character or what-have-you, but the fetish part is one step behind bestiality if you ask me.

« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2007, 01:21:58 PM »
the fetish part is one step behind bestiality if you ask me.

If you said that in front of most furries (and I've seen it happen at another forum), they would tell you they find bestiality disgusting and would be quite offended at the statement. A friend of mine there said it's adding animal features to humans, not the other way around. A lot of them realize they're not animals and just like drawing themselves as things that'd be impossible in real life. "It's all about the fantasy."

I don't think people drawing themselves as anthropomorphic animals is much different from drawing themselves in a manga/anime style, despite the fact that they're still 100% human in one style.

This is probably the last thing I'll ask about the matter:

If you guys (well, most of you) accept me for who I am, why not the furries? They could be considered as having a small fetish, I have an attraction to the same sex, something much bigger in comparison, in my opinion.

....*shrug*

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2007, 03:50:51 PM »
At least there have been plausible explanations for being gay. I haven't exactly seen one for yiff other than than catagorizing it with other odd fetishes. People question the inexplicable. Also, I don't see how the fetish can be that "small" if it covers a wider spectrum than something like a foot fetish or a hand fetish (which I'll admit that I happen to have, though not really extreme. I just prefer women with nice hands, unlike most guys I've seen).

Print