Print

Author Topic: What [ticks] me off is...  (Read 80458 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #270 on: September 11, 2008, 04:25:33 PM »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 04:33:03 PM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #271 on: October 03, 2008, 05:27:13 PM »
I bought a PS3 from eBay using PayPal in June when Live.com had the big discounts and now the system which was a MGS4 bundle new in the box has stopped playing discs. The other day it started sometimes not reading discs, but today it won't read anything. The disc doesn't show up in the menu and the drive makes a clicking sound, speeds up, but never reads the disc. I've tried DVDs and games, but nothing works.

So I thought I'd get if fixed since I have all the papers that came with it and it's only a few months old, but Sony says it's not under warranty because I bought it using PayPal and not from a Sony licensed store. Their site even says:

"You must have a valid proof of purchase for your system to be serviced and the proof of purchase must accompany the unit for warranty coverage. An acceptable proof of purchase is a copy (please keep the original receipt for your records) of the PRINTED store receipt (with the store name, system itemized, the price, and a valid purchase date clearly printed). We do not accept handwritten receipts." https://service.us.playstation.com/online-request.asp

Without such a receipt they'll charge me $149 for the repair.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

chucknorris

• ID:10 Tango error
« Reply #272 on: October 03, 2008, 07:22:23 PM »
<hippocritical> people who bump topics!</hippocritical>
(http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=877.0)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 07:29:03 PM by chucknorris »
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could could chuck wood?

A wood chuck could chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #273 on: October 03, 2008, 07:27:47 PM »
From Nintendo of America’s Press Release:

“We have new games and new experiences for every kind of player this holiday season, and that will certainly fuel increased interest in Wii and Nintendo DS,” said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “While there’s no way to gauge total demand for our hardware systems, we’re trying to satisfy as many of those players as possible.”

From Nintendo of Canada’s Press Release:

“We have new games and new experiences for every kind of player this holiday season, and that will certainly fuel increased interest in Wii and Nintendo DS,” said Ron Bertram, Nintendo of Canada’s vice-president and general manager. “While there’s no way to gauge total demand for our hardware systems, we’re trying to satisfy as many of those players as possible.”

*Cue "The Price is Right" loser jingle*

chucknorris

• ID:10 Tango error
« Reply #274 on: October 03, 2008, 07:29:55 PM »
Hah, scripted, much?
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could could chuck wood?

A wood chuck could chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #275 on: October 03, 2008, 07:36:58 PM »
One of those things that triggers an unholy rage in the pit of my heart, as I think I've said, is the ever-creative anthropomorphized car. Well, I've grown to foster a similar rage for the Famous Stars & Straps F. That. F. THAT. FRICKIN'. F. I see it at least a hundred times a day. What the heck is so great about it? "Look guys, I wear a shirt made by the same people who made your shirt, 'cause it's so superior over any other shirt! You there with the pirate shirt, you should wear more F's on your clothes." But it doesn't stop there. The F is on the back window of every truck ever, and if there's ever an assignment involving creativity, someone's going to draw or make one.

THAT. EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

But the weather was great today.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #276 on: October 03, 2008, 07:46:47 PM »
Could you post that particular F? I don't think I'm familiar with whatever that is.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #277 on: October 03, 2008, 07:50:51 PM »

Here's one, but there are countless variations.
It's YOUR problem!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #278 on: October 03, 2008, 10:38:19 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen that particular "F" ever in my life.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #279 on: October 03, 2008, 10:44:20 PM »
That F is everywhere here in Central California...It's like it's taking over...
No! I don't want that!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #280 on: October 04, 2008, 06:23:31 AM »
I hate all designer brands in general. Aéropostale? That means "air mail" in French, ladies (and gentlemen). Volcom? Peppering a hoodie with repeating patterns of nonsensical crap does not a decent article of clothing make. Famous Stars and Straps? What is that, the anthem for patriotic S&M fetishists? Besides, I see only one star and no straps. And I can't recall when they were the Up-and-Coming Stars and Straps anyway. Eckō? What's up with rhino?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #281 on: October 04, 2008, 10:35:51 AM »
Well everyone here wears Abercrombie and Fitch and I want to destroy all their clothes.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #282 on: October 04, 2008, 01:59:07 PM »
I don't care about the logo of clothing brands, but the fact that people lock themselves into stereotypes by wearing them.

Aeropostale? Abercrombie and/or Fitch? You're a wannabe California surfer who's never surfed, lives in upper-class suburban wherever, and spends $50 on a shirt that cost $2 or less to make. And your band sucks.

Famous Stars and Straps? Volcom? You're a white wannabe gangsta that somehow gets $200 a week from your rich divorced parents despite the fact that you say you come from the hood.

Ecko? You wear clothes designed by a guy famous for being so anti-establishment he goes out and starts a mult-billion dollar corporation.

These stereotypes rarely apply (except where I live), but that's the vibe you give off when you wear them.

Oh, and video game shirts? The majority of people I see that wear those have, at most, played Tetris on their cell phones and nothing else.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #283 on: October 04, 2008, 08:46:51 PM »
I think what I hate most are people with just... stupid shirts. Half the time, I think they don't even agree with or realize what their shirt's implying; they might just wear 'em because that's all they've got. I try to make sure that all the shirts I've got, if they have something on them, accurately represent my tastes.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #284 on: October 05, 2008, 12:28:52 AM »
I hate hate hate those shirts that suggest the wearer is an angry person who doesn't give a crap about the world around him. "I'm not antisocial. I just don't like you." "The text on this shirt is long blah blah and you're an idiot." "Did the shirt I wore yesterday not already tell you how stupid you are?" But I only hate those shirts. I have a good friend who wears shirts like these all the time and that's the only thing I really hate about him. Otherwise he's a good guy.

Most of my shirts are plain, colored T-shirts with nothing on them. My favorite shirt, however, is this one. The best part is how people immediately take it as something suggestive, when to me it's just a cool pirate-themed shirt. The worst part is that that's the back, and my backpack is usually in the way. The front has the same design but completely white, smaller up in the corner.
It's YOUR problem!

Print