Poll

Sonic Unleashed do you think it will bring back Sonic games?

Yes
3 (14.3%)
Don't Know
14 (66.7%)
No
1 (4.8%)
No and nothing will bring him back Sonic is dead
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Unleashed! Will it bring him back from the grave?  (Read 10032 times)

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« on: March 24, 2008, 07:48:09 PM »
Hey everybody! It looks like Sonic just might be put back to his old routs again! After watching this video it seems that the new Sonic game, Sonic Unleashed will bring back his old ways of gaming!

Check it out! http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/193422.html

Man I sure hope this game turns out great.

Website: http://www.sega.com/gamesite/sonicunleashed/us/index.php
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 05:28:12 PM by Linkin800 »
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 08:58:48 PM »
Sonic was dead?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Linkin800

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 09:00:24 PM »
Sonic was dead?

Well not really but since his new games are somewhat terrible people say he's dead
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 09:03:10 PM »
People say he's dead?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 09:48:07 PM »
But... everybody loves Sonic! He's a big star!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 09:49:24 PM »
Allow me to be the first to gripe about the not-cool name. Surely someone could come up with a better title for such a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde situation.

The camera angles look good for the most part. The camera broke the majority of other 3D Sonic games.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 09:52:00 PM by Suffix »

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 10:11:03 PM »
Recent Sonic games suck. Hopefully this new game will bring him back and remind us all that he used to be as good (if not better) than Mario in competition.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 10:17:15 PM »
Allow me to be the first to gripe about the not-cool name. Surely someone could come up with a better title for such a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde situation.
Well, it still can be changed (Sonic Wildfire became Sonic and the Secret Rings, remember?). Besides, people have been torn on whether this is even a real game now for a while--but I think vids like these put the issue to rest. Still (this is only what I've heard), why no Wii version?

Will it "bring him back"? Maybe, but I think that's what Sega/people have been saying for the last four or so Sonic games, and so far Sonic Rush (maybe Sonic Rush Adventure--never played it) is the only major contender to the title of "bring-backer". Honestly, at this point, I think they've kind of picked this scab to the point where it's never going to truely heal (that RPG looks promising, but it's directed by BioWare, so you can't really praise Sonic Team, or whoever, if it's a hit).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 08:36:55 AM »
Wow, that looks pretty cool. I'm not sure I like the idea of the camera being mainly at the side, though. I preferred the "hold up" type of gameplay.
But I mostly just hope that it isn't glitchy like the other recent games.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 07:48:29 PM »
Well it's a sidescroller. Sega FINALLY listens to all the SOnic fans out there. But ya know, it better be good, or I would just be sitting there, wondering how Sega could botch the game up so badly. That includes Sonics future, and Sega themselves.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 07:58:46 PM »
The game looks like it has potential. I'm keeping my hopes up, but then again I've never played Shadow or "06" (the two games people mostly say aren't good), so I don't really know what I'm keeping my hopes up for, but oh well...I might get a chance to play "06" soon though.

Still (this is only what I've heard), why no Wii version?

According to this article, there will be a Wii version, which I'm happy about. Maybe Sonic Team will finally stop making it horribly inconvenient to buy Sonic games due to the fact they're all on seemingly random consoles. Seriously, Sonic Rush series on DS, Rivals on PSP, "06" on PS3/360, Secret Rings for Wii? I think they've finally realized that there's people out there who play Sonic games just because they're Sonic games-they're called Sonic fans.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 08:30:55 PM »
The game looks like it has potential. I'm keeping my hopes up, but then again I've never played Shadow or "06" (the two games people mostly say aren't good), so I don't really know what I'm keeping my hopes up for, but oh well...I might get a chance to play "06" soon though.

I wouldn't. Don't waste good money on Sonic 2006 and/or Shadow the Hedgehog. It's best that you just play the oldies or wait for this new one.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 09:55:56 PM »
Maybe Sonic Team will finally stop making it horribly inconvenient to buy Sonic games due to the fact they're all on seemingly random consoles. Seriously, Sonic Rush series on DS, Rivals on PSP, "06" on PS3/360, Secret Rings for Wii? I think they've finally realized that there's people out there who play Sonic games just because they're Sonic games-they're called Sonic fans.
Well, Sega Superstars Tennis is on every single dang videogame system in the entire world, so I guess that makes up for something... or not.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Linkin800

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 10:13:19 PM »

I found some pics.

It seems sega is trying to copy Twilight princess by turning Sonic into a Weresonic. a bit Stolen don't ya think?

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 11:00:59 PM »

Hey, Sega does know what gamers want!
No! I don't want that!

Print