Print

Author Topic: BEST IN SERIES? Week 10: Ending  (Read 7158 times)

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 06:04:32 PM »
My vote goes to Super Mario 64. There's just something about it that always gets me. Always. Second place for me is Paper Mario (which I happen to be playing at the moment).
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 06:39:59 PM »
DDR:MM

Stomping Koopas and collecting coins with your feet was pure win.  :)
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 07:35:51 PM »
Hmm.. Super Mario Galaxy has the best Mario platformer ending..

Mario Party 5 has the best Mario Party ending (for the single player mode)

Mario Power Tennis has the best Tennis ending(s) there are two blooper reels (though the N64 game is up there because it's one of the few times we see Toad participate and have pretty good ending, even if it made little sense)

Mario Kart.. actually, that series hasn't seen any spectacular endings, so nevermind (if this were the Worst in Series thread, worst MK ending would go to MKDD..)

Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario tie for the RPG endings, but M&L Superstar Saga is definitley a close second (third?) in this section of Mario games. I don't remember the ending for Super Paper Mario, and Paper Mario 2's is the worst for the Paper Mario's (moreso the 'parade', which was the vaguest parade I've ever seen).

So, my vote goes to Mario Galaxy, if I have to pick just one. :D
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 03:58:22 PM »
Paper Mario

had a great ending and epilogue
though I waited a long when it said "the end" then i realized i had to turn it off
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 05:54:16 PM »
though I waited a long when it said "the end" then i realized i had to turn it off
I wish games would be better at differentiating when you need to do that. I don't honestly know how long it took me to beat Twilight Princess because I turned off the game at the end when none of the buttons seemed to do anything. And yet, when my brother beat it, he went back to the menu with no trouble at all!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 05:22:10 PM »
Look, I am SORRY I'm a lazy piece of crap.

BEST ENDING:

Super Paper Mario (2)
Super Mario RPG (2.97)
Paper Mario (3.03)
Super Mario World (3)
Super Mario Sunshine (1)
Super Mario Galaxy (3)
Super Mario 64 (1)
Dance Dance Revoulution: Mario Mix (1) (The first vote for DDR in this topic series!!!)

Wow...Paper Mario beats Super Mario World by .03 thanks to Cross Eyed. Intresting. Let's hope I'm not delayed again. (By the way, the Internet is FINALLY WORKING. GOD. FINALLY. BLESS GOD. Have a nice weekend.

Print