Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii Poll (no spoilers)  (Read 13309 times)

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 08:29:23 PM »
1. Bikes.
2. I hate it. They shouldn't have done it.
3. It's too hard to choosme between MKDS and MKWii.
4. Either Middleweights or Lightweights, for speed purposes.
5. Donut Plains, Wario Stadium (N64), Mushroom Bridge.
6. Rainbow Road, Wario Goldmine, and Moonlight City (can't remember the name, it was Moonlight something) ONLY if you stay on the wrong side of the road.
7. Wheel. It works very well and it's fun to play with.
8. Mushroom Gorge and Coconut Mall.
9. Mario Raceway.

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 08:59:36 PM »
1. Which do you prefer? Karts or bikes?

2.  What is your opinion on how they (nintendo) made it so easy to go first to 12th place?

3. Which is your favorite Mario Kart game?

4. Which weight class do you prefer?

5. What are some tracks from previous games that you wanted to see in MKWii?

6. Which new course do you think is the hardest?

7. Which control scheme do you prefer?

8. What is your favorite new course?

9. What is your favorite Retro Cup in MKWii?

Just reposting the questions so you don't have to go back to the first page.

And if anyone wants to suggest a question then tell me it. If it's good enough I may put it in the poll.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 07:57:59 PM »
How about this...

10. What is the most pointless/stupidest new course, or old course that was picked?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2008, 08:17:12 PM »
1. I haven't tried bikes yet, but I've heard mixed results. Karts 4 Life!

2.  It's just as easy to get back to first, so I'm ambivalent, really.

3. MKDS... Maybe MKDD.

4. Medium--Neither here nor there.

5. I never really sat down and thought about it, but I think Tick-Tock Clock, Luigi's Mansion, and Waluigi Pinball would've been nice (for some reason, all that comes to mind is MKDS tracks... it had lots of good ones!).

6. Rainbow Road is, per usual, frustrating.

7. I've only tried the Wheel so far, so that's my favorite by default. Besides, I was so used to using a + Pad in MKDS that when I went back to play MKDD once, I was a mess--I figure the same thing might happen here.

8. Plenty of great new courses... either Coconut Mall or that one Maple Tree level.

9. Favorite Retro Cup? Whichever one has DK Pass, I believe.

10. Worst New: I can't think of any that are "bad", but there's plenty of bland ones. Daisy Circuit, perhaps? (how did she get associated with tropical things, anyway? If anything, it should be Middle-Eastern stuff...)

Worst Old: Pretty much anything from the original Mario Kart (though I'm pointing my finger mostly at that one Boo track).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 09:01:33 PM »
Well, many Middle-Eastern countries ARE located near the Meditterranean, which is tropical.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 09:04:15 PM »
Though I haven't added the question yet (ShadowBrain), I am adding the question as:

10. What do you think is the worst new course? Worst retro course?

And my answer:

10. Probably Wario's gold mine (I don't like that course for some reason). For retro I'd say SNES ghost valley

Random, off topic question. Does anyone know why on my account it says I've only posted 56 messages when the time before that, it said I had posted 186 messages?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 11:17:16 PM by jmdblazer »
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 03:43:58 AM »
10. Worst new course: Moo Moo Meadows. It's so boring. Worst old course: Yoshi Falls. It's so boring.

I wish Yoshi had gotten a new course, or a better retro course. Such as Yoshi Valley. Same for Waluigi, save the whole new course thing. Such as Waluigi Pinball.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2008, 08:42:25 AM »
10. Worst new course: Moo Moo Meadows. It's so boring. Worst old course: Yoshi Falls. It's so boring.

QFT

Worst Old: Pretty much anything from the original Mario Kart (though I'm pointing my finger mostly at that one Boo track).

Interesting, I never played the original, yet I like the old tracks they picked. (Though I did play them in SC, which was the first Mario game I ever had) Sure, both of them are a little bland, but the excessive power sliding make it so fun!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2008, 08:47:17 AM »
Yes!

For retro I'd say SNES ghost valley
Ah, that's the one I was thinking of.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2008, 10:16:35 AM »

1. Which do you prefer? Karts or bikes?
  • Karts.  At first I had problem with karts, but I got used to them and even got good at some when I switched to the GCN controller.

2.  What is your opinion on how they (nintendo) made it so easy to go first to 12th place?
  • Who cares?  It's a game, not a life or death battle.  I don't like losing anymore than anyone else, but if you are good enough to stay in front maybe something to level the playing field isn't so bad.  Besides, they also include a way to go from 12th to first place. 

3. Which is your favorite Mario Kart game?
  • MKWii.  The original on SNES was awesome, but lacked the replay of later iterations.  I didn't play MK64 until VC.  GCN was too easy, but maybe that was because of the GCN controller.

4. Which weight class do you prefer?
  • Depends on what I'm doing.  On the DS I preferred ultra light weight.  In MKWii I've been using a heavy bike lately, but I have a lot more to unlock and have on completed a couple of ghosts. 

5. What are some tracks from previous games that you wanted to see in MKWii? 
  • I'd have to go back and play other games because I can't think of anything off the top of my head.  I recall really liking some DS tracks, but don't recall there names.  I'd like to have seen some Excite Truck levels done with bikes.  Do you think we'll see a 3D Excite Bike now that we've had Excite Truck and bikes in Mario Kart Wii?

6. Which new course do you think is the hardest?
  • At first I thought Rainbow Road was the hardest, but now I'm not sure.

7. Which control scheme do you prefer? 
  • Can't beat the Wii Wheel for fun, but the GCN controller is a lot more precise.  I see a lot of people playing with the Wheel online, but a quike look at the online leader boards shows that it's not a champ for best times.  I'm better with the GCN controller and suspect that's common.  For some reason the tilt controllers in Excite Truck seemed better to me than in MKWii.  Maybe that's because ET was more about fun while MKWii has more rankings, driving scores, ghost races, tournaments, etc. 

8. What is your favorite new course?
  • The one in a city is fun to me.  I don't remember what it's called or if it's new.

9. What is your favorite Retro Cup in MKWii?
  • Hmm.  Not sure.

10. What do you think is the worst new course? Worst retro course?
  • I don't have a "worst" for courses, but the teams only battles is the worst of the whole game.  It would have also been nice to have the DS challenge mode or whatever it was called. 

BTW, this is a survey, not a poll.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2008, 01:33:40 PM »
Do you think we'll see a 3D Excite Bike now that we've had Excite Truck and bikes in Mario Kart Wii?
We did just a little over 8 years ago.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2008, 01:48:47 PM »
Well yeah, but I meant on the Wii.  Sorry, I should have been more clear with my question.  Do you think that having Excite Truck and Mario Kart with bikes on the Wii lessens the likelihood of seeing a new Excitebike for the Wii?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2008, 02:30:25 PM »
Re-posting, new opinions.

1. Bikes. Unfortontley, I've lost my mastered MKDS skills and I am terrible at karts. I feel so ashamed.

2.  Bad, I hate it. It makes me feel like I'm bad. However, I can tell I'm good because I've got over 100 more wins than looses in Wi-Fi.

3. Mario Kart 64. First Mario game I ever played in my life, and best too.

4. Middleweight, because it's pretty balanced in a good way.

5. Cheese Land, Cheep Cheep Beach (Which owns Shy Guy Beach BTW), Sunset Wilds.

6. Meh, none of them are hard. For me, Rainbow Road (hardest yet), and for Time Trials, Yoshi Falls. (Call me an idiot, will ya)

7. Classic Controller. I'm a little amused how the GCN controller is catching on so much, so I might give it a try.

8. Moonview Highway...

9. Actually, I like the Lightning Cup the best now.

10. New: Moo Moo Meadows
Worst: Yoshi Falls.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2008, 09:53:20 PM »
Well yeah, but I meant on the Wii.  Sorry, I should have been more clear with my question.  Do you think that having Excite Truck and Mario Kart with bikes on the Wii lessens the likelihood of seeing a new Excitebike for the Wii?

Excite Truck is generally Excitebike for the Wii. I predict the series won't see another game for two more generations. That's how the pattern seems to go, excluding remakes of Excitebike.
Ditto used Machop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2008, 06:28:30 AM »
We did just a little over 8 years ago.
I don't know why, but I had never even heard of that game until about a year ago... and I grew up in the SNES era.

Print