Print

Author Topic: Mega Man 2 on VC  (Read 2891 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: September 15, 2008, 06:39:26 PM »
In LD's absence I was going to post the weekly releases, but then I saw the VC game this week and decided I'd rather play it than post a list you guys can look up elsewhere on the net.

"Mega Man 2 (NES™, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone-Mild Cartoon Violence, 500 Wii Points): Widely regarded by fans as one of the greatest action games of all time, Mega Man 2 is the second title in the seminal NES series. With even more stages and robot masters than the previous installment, its sheer size and scope are enough to get any action gamer's heart palpitating. The year is 200X. Dr. Light's super-robot, Mega Man, has succeeded in smashing the evil ambition of the nefarious Dr. Wily, and peace reigns over the planet. However, Dr. Wily proves to be a hard man to keep down and has returned with a new army of robot masters in tow to challenge our hero. Can Mega Man save the world again?"

Source:  http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=16263

Now, excuse me while I go clean out my fridge again.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 08:31:35 PM »
Oooo, I love this game. Personally, Mega Man 3 is my favorite, but this game really propelled Mega Man into stardom (don't get me wrong, the 1st one is great too, it just wasn't as popular as the 2nd game).
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 02:27:04 PM »
No point in it, just buy Mega Man Anniversary Collection for GameCube. >.>

I still need to get all the original 1-6 on NES...
Ditto used Machop!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 03:39:54 PM »
No point in it, just buy Mega Man Anniversary Collection for GameCube. >.>
Do NOT buy the Anniversary Collection on GAMECUBE.  THE BUTTONS ARE SWAPPED!  This makes the GCN version unplayable to me.  If you've never played Mega Man then the GCN version might not be too bad, but if you've ever play Mega Man I highly suggest staying away from the swapped buttons on the GCN Anniversary Collection. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 04:59:54 PM »
eh I don't think it's too bad, though I'd rather play the originals.
Ditto used Machop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 05:46:15 PM »
The Anniversary Collection has poor ports anyway, but if you're going to get it, definitely get the PS2 version.
I own all of them for their original systems besides 8 (and the arcade games) so the collection wasn't too terrible for me back when I didn't have a PS2. I really should get the PS2 one for correct ports of the arcade games though.
That was a joke.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 08:53:44 PM »
I thought this was released for the VC already. Weren't you people talking about it sometime before my absence?

By the by, I have the MP3 of Doctor Wily's Castle: 20th anniversary remix. I can only listen to it occasionally as I am afraid I may overdose on it.

Print