Print

Author Topic: Bowser Jr. makes me sick.  (Read 19970 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« on: November 16, 2008, 03:21:44 PM »
First off, when he unveils himself to Mario & Peach, Peach acts like its groundbreaking for Bowser to have a son. Ugh, first off Peach, not only did he already have SIX sons, they were more than 10 years old. Second problem I have is the kids design. He's basically a Mini-Me type Bowser, Bowser Jr. wasn't a clone like Mini-Me was. I hate when character designers stereotype characters like this. Thirdly, whats up with his name? I thought it was Baby Bowser, that name is much better than Bowser Jr.

To top it off, he is in Super Mario Galaxy. Why? He isn't necessary for it, he's just being an annoying imbecile. The original Koopa Kids need to make a REAL comeback (and not appear in battle because someone who wasn't their dad sent them) and turn Bowser Jr. into a Frog.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 04:04:06 PM »
His name isn't Baby Bowser because Bowser himself is Baby Bowser. That's what they called him when he was a baby, hence the name.

I'll agree that the Koopalings could use a comeback, but at least Bowser Jr.'s role in SMG wasn't anything too major.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 04:05:40 PM »
First off, when he unveils himself to Mario & Peach, Peach acts like its groundbreaking for Bowser to have a son. Ugh, first off Peach, not only did he already have SIX sons, they were more than 10 years old.
Sunshine had pretty awful writing. I'm more annoyed that it sounds to me like Peach deduced that Bowser Jr. is Bowser's son because he called her "mama."

Second problem I have is the kids design. He's basically a Mini-Me type Bowser, Bowser Jr. wasn't a clone like Mini-Me was. I hate when character designers stereotype characters like this. Thirdly, whats up with his name? I thought it was Baby Bowser, that name is much better than Bowser Jr.
Baby Bowser is not Bowser Jr. Baby Bowser is Bowser... as a baby. Kind of like, no, exactly like how Baby Mario is Mario as a baby.

You know how Bower Jr. is Bowser's son, right? It's reasonable, then, that he should resemble his father. Then Partners in Time has Baby Bowser looking very much like Bowser Jr. would. Bowser could very accurately say to Bowser Jr. "You remind me so much of myself when I was your age." Have you ever heard anyone say something like that?

To top it off, he is in Super Mario Galaxy. Why? He isn't necessary for it, he's just being an annoying imbecile. The original Koopa Kids need to make a REAL comeback (and not appear in battle because someone who wasn't their dad sent them) and turn Bowser Jr. into a Frog.
Bowser needed a sidekick I guess. One sidekick. And the main Mario adventure games don't have the right style to use Kammy Koopa. As for the Koopalings, they'd just take away opportunities for original bosses, and they'd never have dialogue or develop personalities. And if they did they'd probably go in the drive-you-up-the-wall direction, like seven times the Bowser Jr.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 04:58:32 PM »
But Baby Boswer and Bowser shared screen time in the Mario party games, canon or not.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 05:13:30 PM »
I'm more annoyed that it sounds to me like Peach deduced that Bowser Jr. is Bowser's son because he called her "mama."
Nah. Bowser Jr. said "papa told [him his] mama was kidnapped by a bad man named Mario," which Peach replied "So you're Bowser's son?", because who else would think Mario would kidnap Peach from him?

And the whole "Bowser Jr. is crap I want Koopalings!!!!11" thing kinda died out six years ago. Like BP said once before, it's an extremely Amish way of thinking.

Bowser Jr.'s appearances in SMG were extremely brief, so be thankful.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 05:19:37 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 05:39:18 PM »
But Baby Boswer and Bowser shared screen time in the Mario party games, canon or not.
Dude, Mario Party/Kart/Golf/Random-sport games don't count.
First off, when he unveils himself to Mario & Peach, Peach acts like its groundbreaking for Bowser to have a son. Ugh, first off Peach, not only did he already have SIX sons, they were more than 10 years old. Second problem I have is the kids design. He's basically a Mini-Me type Bowser, Bowser Jr. wasn't a clone like Mini-Me was. I hate when character designers stereotype characters like this. Thirdly, whats up with his name? I thought it was Baby Bowser, that name is much better than Bowser Jr.

1. True.
2. True.
3. The Koopalings, meh. It'd be fine to see 3D Koopalings.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 06:20:10 PM »
As have Mario and Baby Mario. And Luigi and Baby Luigi. And Peach and Baby Peach. And Daisy and Baby Daisy. And Wario and Elf Wario (in Smash).

Nah. Bowser Jr. said "papa told [him his] mama was kidnapped by a bad man named Mario," which Peach replied "So you're Bowser's son?", because who else would think Mario would kidnap Peach from him?
Yeah, I know all that, but she doesn't make any effort at all to tell him, "Whoa there fat boy, I'm not your mama!!"
It's YOUR problem!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 06:55:32 PM »
Mario & Baby Mario and Etc. all shared screen time because M&L went back in time. There was never any time travelling in the MP[64] Games.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 07:14:31 PM »
Bowser Jr. probably makes himself sick. That's why he wears the hankerchief.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 08:08:50 PM »
The "back in time" scenario was not invented until way after the first appearance of the babies (Yoshi's Island) and after much use of babies in sport and party games. It has no power over what baby characters get used where.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 08:12:20 PM »
Here are the things that annoy me.
That there are still people who call Bowser Jr. Baby Bowser, despite the fact that it has been stated time and time again that Baby Bowser is Bowser as a baby.
Peach's part in Sunshine was so poorly written.  She didn't even attempt to argue that she is not Bowser Jr.'s mama (unless she's hiding something from us).  She just stood there gawking.  I seriously have more respect for Peach in the RPGs where she actually puts up a fight.
BAW!  BOWZR JR SUX! I WANT TEH K00PALINGS BACK!!!1  Seriously, I too would love to see the Koopalings make a return, rendered in 3D, for at least one game, but Bird Person makes a point about them getting in the way of more original bosses.  Just be glad that Nintendo doesn't give all of their characters the Sonic Team treatment (when a new character is introduced in a Sonic game, they will most likely come back in future games, even if their comeback makes no sense.  I'm looking at you, Shadow!)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 09:27:18 PM »
- Baby Bowser is the younger form of the current Bowser, seen in Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island DS, Yoshi's Story, and Partners in Time.
- Bowser Jr. is Bowser's eighth child, living in the present, who happens to look a lot like him. He is in Sunshine and Galaxy.
- The multicolored little Bowser-looking things in the Mario Party games, including the one you can play as in a couple of them, are Koopa Kids. (Not to be confused with Koopalings)

There's no overlap between those three categories (other than the fact that Baby Bowser in PiT uses Bowser Jr.'s design instead of Baby Bowser's, due to some apparent confusion on Alphadream's part).

As for the issue of Koopalings getting in the way of original bosses, I would support putting the Koopalings wherever multiple instances of Bowser Jr. would have been placed otherwise (NSMB minibosses, SMG monologuers). That seems like a fair balance for now.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 09:29:15 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008, 10:41:22 PM »
I'd like to see Bowser's other children in a new game. Ludwig would look so cool in 3D.

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 11:28:00 PM »
Just watch the SMB3 cartoons and you'll see Ludwig in kind-of-3D.

I agreed with the title before I even read the post. The first time I remember hating Bowser Jr. was in Mario Party 2. But then he gained a voice and became even more annoying. If one of the Koopalings took his place, I'm sure they'd be just as annoying. Imagine if Bowser Jr. were Wendy Koopa with a voice. Or just remember Wendy from the Mario cartoons for a good enough idea. "You'll get us a stretch limo RIGHT NOOOOW!!"

Baby Bowser, by contrast, looked good and wasn't annoying.
You didn't say wot wot.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2008, 11:44:15 PM »
Bowser Jr. was not in Mario Party 2

He did not exist until the year 2002

On the GameCube

In Sunshine
It's YOUR problem!

Print