Print

Author Topic: More SMB3 Beta/Unused sprites and stuff  (Read 6639 times)

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« on: December 01, 2008, 06:09:38 PM »
Well about 2 weeks ago i started messing around with smb3 and found some intresting things. There appears to be more unused sprites in the game then most people thought, im not sure if someone has found these already but I havent seen any websites mention them so ill put them here for now.

Well anyways I found some unused Mario overworld sprites.

It seems like Nintendo was originaly going to have it so that mario could walk in all derictions instead of just facing the screen all the time.

and here are some beta buildings I found. (palletes could be wrong)

the first one looks like some kind of wooden toy block fortress thing, the second im not sure what it is and the last one looks like a factory to me, or it could be a beta fortress, the thing underneath the 3rd building is it crushed after you beat the level.

I also found something small but intresting. (palletes are also wrong)

its the mario that appears in mini games, but there are 2 bodys found in the game, one is fatter then the other, the fat body is used in the game but the skinny one isn't, I think originaly Nintendo was going to make a diffrent sprite for luigi but never did, not sure.

Thats all I have found so far, if I find anything else ill put it up on here.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 06:50:16 PM »
Wow, interesting.

The overworld sprites - Looks like Nintendo got lazy when they realized that they had to make sprites for every single suit.

Buildings - The third one reminds me of something in SMW.

Game Mario sprites - They probably screwed up but got to lazy to remove it.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 08:27:18 PM »
Find more please. I love beta stuff.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 08:52:38 PM »
Nice finds!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 08:53:57 PM »
Please find more "Toad Suit" stuff, I beg of you!
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Print