Print

Author Topic: Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics  (Read 3512 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« on: February 12, 2009, 04:09:12 PM »
Milking a cash cow again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyek6YbLvWw

Why can't these two beloved icons star together in a game (excluding Brawl) that is NOT a compilation of minigames?  I'd like to see Robotnik team up with Bowser to take over the world.  I would love to see Mario and Sonic join forces, relying on each others special skills to save the day.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 04:15:41 PM »
I wouldn't.

I think a Mario/Sonic crossover adventure wouldn't do so well, especially considering the current state of both companies' writers.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 04:53:47 PM »
'Vomits'

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 06:51:56 PM »
Haha haha! That was a funny joke-

What? It's seriously happening?!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 09:02:31 PM »
The only way a proper Sonic/Mario crossover would work is if it were 1999 instead of 2009.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 10:40:01 PM »
Honestly, I think we all seen this coming. I bet Nintendo and Sega will be make a Mario and Sonic at the Super Bowl. Where instead of playing with a football, you play with a bullet bill...anyway, it seems pretty obvious that they're milking this for all it's worth. For shame, Nintendo...and pathetic Sega.   
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 12:20:20 AM »
I guess the last one was just so successful they had to make another as fanservice! ! ! !

!

But yeah no, the only crossover I see as ever being any good is Smash Bros. Plots ruin crossovers, and other non-plotted games (like sports games) suck.

Wait

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 12:46:17 AM »
If they make the game utilize Wii MotionPlus and use the Balance Board intuitively, I'd like to see how it turns out, as the original was criticized for the odd controls.

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 01:52:06 PM »
We seriously don't need another one of these. The first one sucked bad enough.

To be honest, I don't want Nintendo and Sega combining forces to make a Mario/Sonic platform title either. Sega would totally screw everything up. They had a chance to bring Sonic back from oblivion with Sonic Unleashed, but they blew that chance and then some. I wish Sega would sell Sonic over to Nintendo (I know, that'll never happen) because other companies seem to be the only ones who know how to make a decent Sonic games nowadays (BioWare proved that wholeheartedly).

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 07:14:09 PM »
I just thought it was so sad that prepubescent boys et al waited over a decade for an epic crossover of these classic mascots... and it came in a unoriginal minigame collection/plug for the Olympics.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 07:47:21 PM »
I'd be sadder about being prepubescent for ten years.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 10:54:05 PM »
Everyone was prepubescent for at least ten years straight.

Except Glorb.

Print