Print

Author Topic: The First Luigi game?  (Read 4058 times)

« on: December 15, 2001, 08:59:31 PM »
How come everyone says Luigi's Mansion is the first Luigi game when he was the star of Mario is Missing

My name is +¶é_· but it's kinda hard to pronounce

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2001, 09:38:07 PM »
Mario is Missing is a game that many fans believe exist outside of the contium of the Mario universe, mainly due to the fact that it was an educational game that attempted to *gasp* teach children and also partialy due to the fact that non of the Mario team members worked on it (Don't quote me on it-Could be wrong, but it sure dosen't seem like it.) I rented it once and thought that it was 'okay'. It was sort of interesting for me back in the day to read about that sort of thing, but the game play was sort of repetitive and those Koopa Kid bosses were ridiculisly easy-You couldn't even die, if memory serves me right. Hope that helps. Haven't seen you around the board much-if it's your first post welcome to the board!

Kweeh! Forget Whark! Kweeh! Is better!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2001, 10:04:32 PM »
Well, it does happen entirely on Earth, so it doesn't ACTUALLY exist in the 'mario unviverse', but it's the same luigi

------------------
Don''t quote me on this, but I''m betting that pipe goes somewhere. ---Goombario

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2001, 03:20:01 PM »
I don't consider either Mario's Time Machine or Mario is Missing a part of the Mario series. . . Why?  well because niether were made by Nintendo they were licensed to another company for the use of educational purposes and Nintendo had no imput on their development.  That is the same reason that many people don't consider the Zelda games on the I-Drive to be true Zelda games - because they were licensed away and Nintendo had no imput on their development.

-PCM

-----------------------------

http://nintendointense.4t.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2001, 05:19:11 PM »
Do you consider the Mario Party games part of the series? Or SMRPG or Paper Mario? They weren't made by nintendo either.

------------------
Don''t quote me on this, but I''m betting that pipe goes somewhere. ---Goombario

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2001, 06:11:04 PM »
Yes, they are part of it. They  are in the timeline at luigismansion.com so they do count.

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2001, 07:42:27 PM »
hardly any games are really "made" by nintendo. They are just licensened by nintendo. Really the only ones that are true nintendo are ones that have no tag or the tag for EAD

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2001, 09:36:53 PM »
Mario Party I don't consider part of the series but yes Nintendo did help make them along with SMRPG that was a joint between Square and Nintendo and Paper Mario was made entirely by Nintendo.

-PCM

I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2001, 09:38:05 PM »
Since i forgot this one in the last one - Nintendo has lots of 1st party names with differant tags.  For example HAL, That's first party.

-PCM

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2001, 09:44:37 PM »
Oh and (this is my last one I promise) Mario is Missing is NOT on the timeline at Luigi's Mansion.

-PCM

Print