Print

Author Topic: Mario Bar  (Read 698833 times)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1590 on: May 09, 2003, 10:40:55 PM »
Bleh, I was thinking too simply for the F-M words. I only really thought of short words, and words ending in "ism".

And I was ONLY 41% Insane. Amazing. I thought it would be higher. And yes, the granite monkey DOES blah blah blah blork!

So yea.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1591 on: May 09, 2003, 10:44:40 PM »
Oh yeah, the ones you got that I didn't were fatalism (which I remember getting the first time I took it...actually *started* taking, but was interrupted--and was such a long time ago that I couldn't possibly remember the answers I put, so it *IS* accurate), and fulcrum.

*pants* Wow, that's a lot in one breath!

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1592 on: May 09, 2003, 10:54:35 PM »
When I started taking it the first time along time ago, I was thinking too complexly (e.g. fatalism, facism). I totally forgot about farm/form/from, etc. @_@

Oh and I *do* believe life should have a sound track. :p

Geeze, no wonder your IQ was so high. Most were math-related questions and lucky for you you're a mathematician. Yeeuuck! I'm good at math, but I hate it. I can only take so much of it before my brain runs away, disoriented.
Oh, did you get the one with the castaway and the Sprite? I didn't even bother after thinking how long it would take and complex it would be. X_X

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1593 on: May 10, 2003, 12:20:17 AM »
I think I have a higher IQ than I'd get on one of those tests. I'm terrible at math. Anyway, I know some other good palindromes:

Able was I, ere I saw Elba.

And here's a really good one:

A man, a plan, a canal, Panama.

Oh, and lookey theere?!
Slathering billycrickets! You are 38% insane! Partly holding it together, partly on the edge—you're like a pig on a highwire, cute and stinky but a potential danger to yourself and others. Most people think you have a "dark side," and they're not referring to the part of you that's in the shade on a sunny day. You're definitely not a vegetarian, except maybe when you're eating. You like leafy meats. Do not run with scissors while operating heavy donkeys.

Edited by - ChupPerson WEIRD on 5/9/2003 11:24:32 PM
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1594 on: May 10, 2003, 05:09:17 PM »
The Sprite question took me a lot of thought. Maybe 3 minutes. Here's how I did it:

First, I realized that on the 20th day, he would have drinken the entire contents of the bottle, so it is on the 20th day where he runs out of Sprite.

Next, you find the amount of TOTAL LIQUID he drinks in those 20 days. It is:

E (k)
k=1

Or, the sum of all integers between 1 and 20. that is: 1+20 + 2+19 + 3+18 ... + 10+11. This is 21*10, or 210 total ounces of fluid.

Now, the amount of Sprite never changes. Therefore, of that 210 ounces of fluid, 20 ounces of it was Sprite, and the rest was water. Therefore, the amount of WATER is:

210-20=190 ounces of water. A tricky problem, yes.

And I took the quiz again yesterday with the same answers, but in under 6 minutes, and my IQ became 204. So the time you take does play some factor in your scoring. (The extra 23-24 minutes lowered the score 13 points.)

~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1595 on: May 10, 2003, 05:15:24 PM »
You already lost me on the Sprite question.

Oh, and "redivided" isn't a palindrome. "Redivide*R*" is.

Your 16, right? Junior or Sophomore? What math class are you in anyway? I'm a Junior in Algebra 2.

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 5/10/2003 4:16:42 PM

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1596 on: May 10, 2003, 05:31:09 PM »
All you need to know for the Sprite is that he drinks 210 ounces of fluid, and 20 ounces of it is Sprite.

And yes... That would be a typo. I had "redivider" down.

And I am a Sophomore in Honors Alg. II. Bleh, it's far too easy. I tore a 37/40 test in half in front of the whole class last week. I'm still royally angry at myself for such a low score.

~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1597 on: May 10, 2003, 05:59:24 PM »
Yeesh. You ARE good at math. I may have the highest grade in my class, but a 47/50 is no big deal. As long as it's an A, I'm happy.

Meh, I'll stick with my art talent. It's a year ahead of my grade -and- honors, like your math class. My English class is high, but honors and at my grade level (which it HAS to be at your grade level. There's no way I'm taking AP (Advanced Placement), which is practiacally one grade higher + honors.

--------------------

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1598 on: May 10, 2003, 06:14:30 PM »
Hmmmph, in our school, Honors Alg. II IS the sophmore's highest math class. And, for the first time in YEARS, our STUPID class was contracted into 2 honors Alg. II classes! Most years, there are enough students of decent intelligence for 3 such classes. And more and more people are dropping honor by the week almost. Our class is also really lazy. (I even show this by doing my homework the period before it's due. Of course, I actually have the intelligence to do GOOD on it.)

And of course life should have a soundtrack! Mine would be: "The Best of Funhouse Background Music Vol. III."

~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1599 on: May 10, 2003, 06:30:54 PM »
You mean you have the intelligence to do WELL on it.
(Heheh...sorry, couldn't resist. You may be better at math, but I'm better at English, so nya! :p )

--------------------

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1600 on: May 10, 2003, 09:20:23 PM »
What I like are reversed palindromes.

devil = lived
Nebraska = Aksarben (A town there, and a street on my old block.)

I can't think of anymore right now.

--------------------

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1601 on: May 10, 2003, 10:28:13 PM »
Those aren't reverse palindromes. They're ...something, I just can't remember what. Arrgh. Perhaps Steve knows?
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1602 on: May 11, 2003, 01:20:31 PM »
I don't know what they're called. I just made that name up.

stressed = desserts :)

--------------------

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1603 on: May 11, 2003, 01:24:10 PM »
What you're doing is reversing the letters of a word to make a new "word". I like to call it "Stupid RPG alias making". I don't know if it has a term.

And good, well, so? My SAT-V was only 590 when I took it in 8th grade (Opposed to 790 SAT-M)... give me a break here.

~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1604 on: May 11, 2003, 01:47:01 PM »
Heheh...okay, Enasni Evets. :)

This is Arihppas!! (Actually, my real name would be Ailuj.)

My English is always a bit higher than Math on the SATs. Well, the SAT9, anyway. My math usually goes down 'cuz I can never finish it in time. (Gah! I hate being a perfectionist!)

Oh and the "good vs. well" thing... Good is used as an adjective (i.e. good morning.), and well is used as an adverb (i.e. don't feel well; she ran well).

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 5/11/2003 12:54:05 PM

Print