Print

Author Topic: I need help(Not game help)!!  (Read 6032 times)

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2002, 03:44:09 PM »
The easiest way to get a sound or midi to loop indefinitely is to have it play for -1 times.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2002, 03:48:47 PM »
You forget that in Mario Bros. the levels wrap so if you go off one end, you come out the other?
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2002, 05:17:16 PM »
Aaaaaghhh! I'm workin on it! Get off my back. Yeah I didnt forget. thats one of the many evasion in Mario Bros! I could not forget it! Any one know how I would make a pow block?
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2002, 09:47:41 PM »
The easiest way to make a POW block that I can think of would be to make a 1-pixel tall line under the pow and then say when Mario hits that, knock all the enemies over... you can make it so the pow shrinks and then move the line up too... The only problem is that if any part of Mario (like his hand or foot or something) hits it it will do that. I have this game where you try to jump on a Goomba and the guy's hand touches the top of one and it squishes without being jumped on... can't figure that out yet. Any help with that would be good...

I don't have a signature.
That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2002, 10:52:45 PM »
a good pow block effect would be to create the block, then set it to player1 collides with (the pow block) then go under enemies and select destroy. does anybody know how to make it so that the screen scrolls side ways when you reach the edge of the screen? or how bout when you touch only a specific edge, you disappear and lose a life, but reappear?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

you really dont know, do you??

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2002, 09:33:02 PM »
If you can do it on TGF, you could set it to that the POW Block only registers a hit when the player touching it has a positive Y-velocity(or negative, whichever is moving upward on TGF), so you have to be travelling upward to hit it, and for real precision, make 1-pixel lines set as obstacles on the sides so that you could ONLY hit it from underneath. Of course, the POW block can also be used as a platform to stand on in the original MB series, so it would have to be a platform.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2002, 05:50:27 PM »
Ok I uhh.. actually didnt get what you said back there about the platform clipping problem smb allstars master. They are not active objects so I cant have Mario(or Luigi)collide with them. Any help on this would be nice.
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2002, 08:34:03 PM »
ummmmm....lemme think. I havent used TGF for a little while, so...pick out an object you wanna use as your platform, and then set it to a platform. go into the event editor, and then go "when player 1 collides with (the picture of the platform) go under 'group.player' or 'player1' and select stop. Now then, if somebody could help ME with MY problems...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

you really dont know, do you??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2002, 11:56:11 PM »
I never use those global group.thing things... I don't know why. But anyway does anybody have a surefire way to get enemied stomped, and only stomped? I know they do stuff in that REALLY BAAAAD "Zeb" demo game that I kinda want to emulate, but I can't even learn anything from that...

It sure gets boring having the same signature all the time. See what I mean?
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2002, 04:52:09 PM »
I love my music selection! I still need other ones for the 3rd and 4th types of levels. and I think I know what I want for them... I'm planning now for Bowser to be on the end phase! He he he..... Although I need help here.... If I want to have three different critters runnin around, do I have to actually create three different critters? And I still need to know how to make Mario (or Luigi) throw a punch! How do I set it that when Mario (or Luigi) punches a enemy, it registers that a hit was scored? Does any one know how to load this kind of a thing onto a Geocities web site? Whoo! Am I asking alot? Lemme see there was something else.... ohh shoot! I cant think of it! Oh well maybe it wil come to mind later......

It''s the same only different!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2002, 05:05:31 PM »
Alright:  Chupperson Weird, you should eventually try to use the group.things, because they will cut your redundant events down majorly, although their odd behavior for conditions does take a bit of getting used to.  And the only surefire way you're going to get a platform movement to work exactly how you mean it to is to make your own.  It's a hefty task for the truly expierenced, but it's wholly worth it.

Super Mario 123187:  The best way to register that a character is attacking another is to make a separate object for the attack, this can be an object that actually looks like the character's fist, or just an invisible box that appears, collides, and disappears immediately.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2002, 12:40:40 PM »
 am programming a new mario game in DarkBASIC. I want it to be more like smb3, but with yoshi. I have lots of ideas for the game (over 20 kb of text). If you know anything about 2d game programming, have sprites, sounds, music, or backgrounds and want to help with the project or simply give suggestions please email dennisshows@yahoo.com with "Mario 2D" in the subject, or post your reply in this forum.

I fried egg will never hatch a Yoshi!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2002, 08:53:43 PM »
Luigison's new name:
"Mr. Cut & Paste"

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Print