Print

Author Topic: Just looking for Tbsheppard's e-mail address  (Read 1710 times)

« on: August 20, 2002, 04:21:13 PM »
If you read the August 16 Mailbag, you'll see a long review of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show! DVD from someone with the screen name Tbsheppard. I can help him with the CD he wants, but I need his e-mail address to contact him. If anyone knows him or his address, please either give it to me or send mine (sputuf@hotmail.com) to him.

Thanks.

Edited by - MarioBros on 8/26/2002 9:33:20 PM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2003, 04:21:04 PM »
And with that, it's been a year. Some of you probably know what I mean, but others, like Mario Maniac and Pink King Boo, are likely without a clue. So let me clarify a little: The post above is the first I ever created in this board. Now, look at the dates on which it and this one were posted. Yep, that's one year's time.

I honestly don't know what percentage of 365 days I've actually spent at the forums, but if someone is ever able to tell me, I will run away in fear. The amount of time I've spent here is surely astronomical even though I have not consistently been an active member since this day last year. After my second post, I didn't post again for another four months. It was then, in December of 2002, that the Fungi Forums Curse took my neck in stranglehold, and I became one of its slaves.

Even though I have been here for a year and have been a slave for more than half that time, I can only boast of 872 posts. Since I have been an avid editor of my posts, the number of actual posts even lower, probably between 725 and 800. Only one topic in all of General Mario chat has my name attached to it, and there is not one post in the Story Boards that can do likewise. How can it be, for all of these impressive unachievements, that I have truly spent a Cursed One's worth of time here? Well, I tend to take more time typing and proofreading my posts than the average person here. In addition to that, I have spent embarrassingly long hours experimenting with the forums, figuring out ever little trick that can be done without hacking. As a Cursed One, I could not be satisfied with mere posting. I had to know this message board. And as I now stand, I would say that I do.

Getting to know the board came at great cost, and on more than one occasion I unsuccessfully tried to leave the forums. The Curse would not let me, so I fell back into posting regularly and doing more experimentation. I am happy to report, however, that the Curse is now broken. I have served a year under it's treachery, and now my days of slavedom are at an end. Maybe it was my Nintendo GameCube, which wasn't getting played because all of my free time found itself getting used here, that got sick of the situation and told the Curse to take a hike. Or perhaps I learned everything there is to know about the forums, knowing them as intimately as is possible, so the Curse decided it no longer wanted me. I'm not exactly sure. But whatever happened, I am free. I can say to you now, with almost nary a regret, that the Fungi Forums will not see the likes of me again. Farewell, everyone!

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2003, 05:13:22 PM »
Later Watoad.  Have a good vacation in Vermont, and remember, "Watoad's sig is my favorite."

And speaking of Lizard Dude and his Easy Bake Oven, I hope he can handle all the "Game help" posts.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 10:28:40 AM »
I actually had to delete a thread already, Luigison. Don't let my super-tight security fool you into thinking Game help is a peaceful place. ;)

Goodbye Watoad. Thanks for enjoying my sig and may the Curse leave us as peacefully as it left you...but...just-not-yet!

*resumes madly posting*

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Print