Print

Author Topic: What do you think about Germany?  (Read 1814 times)

« on: February 11, 2003, 05:32:14 PM »
For a school project i must ask you this questions..

What do think
... about Germany?
...the German?
...the Politic of Germany

...in this time?

If Mario was born in Germany... he would love Döner more than Pasta.
----------
Yay,Finally I''''''''m back... after 6 months Japan x-Trem

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 07:55:38 PM »
Well, if it'll help you for school...

About Germany?

I'm not exactly sure what you want to know. Germany is alright now, since the merging of the east and west back some years ago. After the Nazi regieme, I have no problems with the country.

The Germans?

Also, I have no problems with them. They're just average people trying to live their lives. I don't really know what you're looking for.

The Politics of Germany?

I can't say I disagree with them anymore. I certainly didn't agree with the Fascist governments in place, but they're long gone. With Germany's current Democracy, I see no reason to dislike it. I also agree with their stance on Iraq. Harsher inspection and better compliance, but no hastened war. However, that's comming from someone who'll probably be Drafted next year, if the Draft resurfaces.

EDIT: They're, Their, and There. Pfft.

Edited by - Black Mage on 2/11/2003 6:00:17 PM

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2003, 08:11:43 PM »
Ah, Germany. The land of Brats and Beer, and music played mainly by tubas. That is, to the average ignorant American.

Fortunatly, I don't think like this. I see Germany as a diverse land, with all kinds of people, just like most other countries.

What do I think about Germany?

My dad went there for a work project. I personally have never been to Germany. It probably has its major good and bad points, like most other countries. I'd like to add more, but... I've never been there. I'd assume that the people of the U.S. are more heartless though.

Let's just say that if 9-11 happened to Germany, There wouldn't be any shameless companies selling "I *heart* Berlin" T-Shirts for 50 marks and donating .5% to charity to look good.

The Typical German:

Wait, I covered that all above. Sorry.
All I have to say (And that needs to be said) is that I am of about 3/8 German background, more than any other nationality.

Germany's Politics:

I don't know much about them today, being an ignorant American that has never been there. All I know is that they are likely a lot better than they were when Adolf ran it. And yes, reading Black Mage's statements on the policies of Germany, I think they are handling Iraq far better than we are.

(And no, don't worry about the draft for you. I, the most unlucky person in the upper-middle class of the U.S. (Like I can even call myself that. I am such a pig.), don't turn 18 for TWO years! Don't worry, that's when the draft is happening.)

Summary: I think Germany is overall a better place than the U.S. in terms of relationships among people, but I'd NEVER move there, seeing as how I've grown up in the U.S., and it would be hard to cope with the change.

(Wait, that was a post denouncing America moreso than talking about Germany. Ah well... I don't know much about Germany. I apologize for my ignorance.)

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.
~I.S.~

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2003, 05:43:09 PM »
(quotes)
''Ah, Germany. The land of Brats and Beer, and music played mainly by tubas."<That is Bavaria.> That is, to the average ignorant American.

Fortunatly, I don't think like this. I see Germany as a diverse land, with all kinds of people, just like most other countries. <That's right... ok germany's most imigrants are from Turkey (This is the cause of the many Döner shops in Germany)(and there are only 2 Dönershops in the USA( and one is in NYC and there is the Döner disgusting))>

''Let's just say that if 9-11 happened to Germany < There is no Place in Berlin where this can happen >, There wouldn't be any shameless companies selling "I *heart* Berlin" T-Shirts for 50 marks and donating .5% to charity to look good. < germany needs Money... but with this method? We won't use this method.><and we've got the €uro since 12-2001>

Last sentence for this Post:  If you want to visit Germany, don't go to Muinch(Bavaria). Go to Hannover(Lower Saxony)<the expo town> or Berlin (Berlin).

If Mario was born in Germany... he would love Döner more than Pasta.
----------
Yay,Finally I''''''''m back... after 6 months Japan x-Trem

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2003, 10:47:23 PM »
... about Germany?
I think it's your average country nowadays. I like the scenery.

...the German?
I'm about 3/8 German as well... and I have nothing against Germans. Again, average people nowadays.

...the Politic of Germany
I can't really say much about this, because I know very little of Germany's political system at this time.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

Print