Print

Author Topic: Ideas for new game  (Read 9761 times)

« on: February 15, 2003, 09:16:23 PM »
I need help with a new RPG based on Mario.  Any ideas?  Any helpers will get a copy of the finished game.
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2003, 09:36:39 PM »
What, you mean help storyline wise?
-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2003, 09:38:41 PM »
Put other Nintendo characters in it.That would be so cool.Or you could have a new party of people,one of the members Luigi...
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2003, 09:38:52 PM »
Put other Nintendo characters in it.That would be so cool.Or you could have a new party of people,one of the members Luigi...

Do you know when we die,we''ll be boos too?
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2003, 04:38:38 AM »
That's a good idea.  Like, have him go back into "Dream Land" for a second round with Wart, and have him run into kirby along the way.

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2003, 12:12:46 PM »
Maybe I can make one where Luigi, Kirby, Link, and Yoshi team up to save Mario or something like that...

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2003, 12:14:03 PM »
And they have to go through different Nintendo worlds (like Dream Land) to try and save him.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2003, 01:44:59 PM »
Naw, if Luigi's going to be the "hero," he probably shouldn't be on a quest to save Mario.  I mean, that's all he's really done on his own, and if that's all he'll ever be doing, it's basically saying that that's all he'll ever be good for.  Luigi can be more than just a Mario back-up.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2003, 02:05:50 PM »
To start, yes, I duly believe Mario should NOT be the main character in the game. He gets enough attention as it is. Luigi and Yoshi should be at 2 of the main characters, but we'd need more than just 2 for an RPG (I mean, PM did that, and it was a bit too easy like that.)

As for the Mario issue, I'd agree with Fifth, I mean, that's all Luigi has done as of yet on his solo adventures... Mario can be doing something else at the time... or something like that.

And other characters would be a nice addition. I say we add those too... but we may also need other, original characters so that the game doesn't appear ... too similar to Nintendo. I mean, it's easy to put Nintendo characters into a game; it's not as easy to create a storyline unless you have at least a few original characters.

And I think they should have some odd flaw... an essentricity (Yes, it doesn't look spelled correctly) that would make them interesting.

Ok, I'm out of ideas for characters. Plot is my main weakness, so I'll let other people with a better sense of plot answer that one.

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.
~I.S.~

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2003, 05:09:05 PM »
Hmmm... a plot... I have an idea! Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, whatever are just hanging out at... a pizza place, or something. No, pasta! Mario likes pasta! Anyway, they leave the pasta place and they realize that Toad Town looks different. Houses are on fire, it's as dark as night, and all the Toads/Goombas/Koopas have turned evil, and they all have glowing red eyes. Yoshi, or Luigi, or Mario, or somebody manages to escape, but all of the others have been kidnapped by the Toads. It's up to Mario/Luigi/Yoshi or whoever the main character is to save their friends, find out what's causing the evil in TMK, and stop that evil thing that I haven't thought of yet. But, it shouldn't be too hard to rescue all your friends, and Bowser should be a character. Pretty cool?

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2003, 05:52:46 PM »
I think it would be really cool if Bowser and his army were allies to the main party, but they were never playable characters. For example, Bowser has reasons for hating some evil force, and so does the main party, so they tentatively join forces. It's a very similar idea to that of Mario RPG, only they never really portrayed the fact that Bowser commands an entire army. I think that if that was portrayed correctly it could be incredibly cool.

I agree that Mario shouldn't be the main character, but he should make some sort of appearance.

GWAH HA HA
GWAH HA HA

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2003, 11:51:52 PM »
He should be like Luigi is in Paper Mario.

It's Subcon, not Dream Land. Dream Land is where Kirby lives.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2003, 03:19:20 AM »
Oh yeah, Subcon!  Sorry I flaked when I was writing that post.  But how about this, Bowser and his forces go back in time (somehow, maybe Kamek opened a portal), but anyway they go back in time to capture Mario and Luigi when they are still infants and Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi have to go back in time to save themselves!

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2003, 04:41:38 AM »
(a RPG? do you use ASCII's RPGMaker 2000 to make it? Or do you use Enterbrains RPGMaker 2003 to make it? If yes, do you need Chip and Charsets?)

If Mario was born in Germany... he would love Döner more than Pasta.
----------
Yay,Finally I''''''''m back... after 6 months Japan x-Trem

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2003, 11:01:02 AM »
I use Rm2k, and chara sets of the different Mario characters would be nice.  I can't draw really, so I need some sets.

I also thought of this a while back:

Mario gets a letter one day that calls him away to the other side of Toad Town.  When he arrives, he only finds a whole army of Goombas, Koopa Troopas, and a bunch of other enemies.  You kill all of them off and suddenly hear screaming down the hall which sounds a lot like Peach.  You open the door only to see a black figure standing next to Peach in some kind of machine.
/      /    /                 /       /     /
/______/____\___X________O____/_______/_____/

I'm not sure if that came out right, but it's the black figure (X) standing next to Peach (O) in the giant machine.

Anyway the black figure says: Take one last look Mario, because you will never see Peach again!  (No, the Black Figure is not Shadow Mario or Bowser...  It's somebody really unexpected)  So the machine boots up and starts whirring and flashing and in one of the flashes Mario sees the face of the kidnapper.  His face isn't the same-glowing red eyes, scars, and his face looks like it's rotting-but it's none other than Prof E. Gadd!  Suddenly both E. Gadd and Peach disappear in a bang and a ripple looking thing.  Just then, Mario gets a call on his cell phone, and it's Prof. E Gadd (?).  He says something about a dimensional concussion and that he needs to get over right away.  So Mario comes and tries immediately to kill E. Gadd.  But through Mario strangling him, Prof. E. Gadd explains that if Peach isn't brought back within 168 hours (7 days), the dimensional barrier will break and all dimensions will be destroyed.  So E. Gadd gives Mario shoes that will allow him to travel through dimensions, but suddenly, one of the shoes malfunction, twisting around backwards and twisting Mario's ankle. So Luigi goes in his place.  And so he blasts off into another dimension, but it's not the one Peach is in.  And in each day, you have to go to a different dimension (getting cool new stuff from E. Gadd in the original dimension) until you get to Evil Gadd in the final day.  But just as Luigi is about to go back with Peach, he hears a sound that makes him fall over and drop Peach.  Peach goes back along with the shoes, Luigi doesn't.  So anyway, Luigi turns around to see a creature sort of like Bowser, but he's about 12 stories tall and much creepier.  Of course, Luigi loses on the first attack, but suddenly, Mario comes out of nowhere and hits Bowser with a bomb-like thing and distracts him while he gets to Luigi.  He gives Luigi a watch thing, and then Mario puts one on his wrist.  Suddenly, they both flash and they break up into tiny particles.  When they come back together, they've formed one person... Luigio!  (I know this is far-fetched, but this was a very old idea) Then they can pretty much kick Mega-Bowser's butt.  And I'll go ahead and add a second form where Mega-Bowser draws power from the Bowsers of the different dimensions to form Bowser-X who is much more powerful and like the creepiest thing ever.  But Luigio does the same thing, drawing power from the other Marios and Luigis.  Since Luigio was drawing power from two sources and Bowser-X from only one, Luigio is stronger and he kicks Bowser's butt.  The End.

Okay...  My fingers are tired...
This needs some work...

Print