Print

Author Topic: Is anyone here a Sonic fan?  (Read 4209 times)

« on: June 20, 2003, 09:19:58 PM »
I'd like to know who here is a Sonic fan just because I want to see other people that like Sonic the Hedgehog just like me!

"Time is money, Double D, and I LOVE money" so do I, so do I...

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 09:30:52 PM »
Really Im not much of a fan..but I do like All the sonic games for Sega's Genesis, 32x, CD, and Nomad systems..After that they completely screwed the story line and renamed Dr Robotnic...Dr Eggman...what kind of stupid name is that? Thats probably the main reason I hate Sega today....

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!

Edited by - Marionut#1 on 6/21/2003 8:46:15 PM
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2003, 11:23:55 PM »
I'm an extremly big fan of Sonic. I'd say my love for the two mascots are about equal. It was always akward for me back in the 16 bit wars were always akward for me because I was a fan of both the SNES and the Genesis.

As for the Eggman thing...Dr. Robotnik has always been called Dr. Eggman in Japan and for some reason the guys at Sega of America decided that Dr. Robotnik was a much better name for Sonic's nemesis. Dr. Robotnik has a much more sinister feel to it, I admit...But eventually, they decided to get Sonic a little closer to his japanese roots by introducing the concept of Eggman in Sonic Adventure 1 by initialy making it a nickname Sonic and co. called him. Then...They just started referring to him as Dr. Eggman...

This trend isn't too unusual, really. You know the Princess? Princess Toadstool? In Japan she's always known as Princess Peach. But here in America, she was always only known as "The Princess" Or "Princess Toadstool" until the day Mario 64 came out. Then Peach was introduced to the US Audience as the Princess' first name.

Another example of this is Final Fantasy adopting the original numbering system in America. Instead of Final Fantasy VII becoming America's FFIV, it too was labled VII.

I know if I desgined a character named Sketchy Sketchy and in Japan he was named Squiggly Man the Brave, I'd be a little disapointed.

Sorry, it's early in the morning-some of the history might be a little off. Sorry for rambling, too.  
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2003, 07:52:58 AM »
(Anyone realize this is General Mario Chat?)

I also am a big Sonic fan.I didn't start liking him until I got my gamecube with MP4
SMS and Sonic Mega Collection.then eventulally I got SA2:Battle and I'm trying to get my hands on SA:DX.
Insanity has its limits...BUT NOT ON ME!NEHEHEHAHAHAHAHA!!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2003, 08:10:25 AM »
I'm a big fan too.  I first watched the TV shows in 1993.  Then I saw Sonic the Hedgehog the video game at the store.  I never did get a Genesis, but my friends had a Genesis and my favorite Sonic game to this day: Sonic the Hedgehog 2.  Then I started reading the comic book.  I'll admit today they've stretched the storyline, but that doesn't keep me from reading. I especially liked the love triangle story that was going on there for awhile.
P.S.  Gosh I want the Sonic mega collection.  But I don't have a Gamecube!
I''m a Mario rube!

Edited by - Jman on 6/21/2003 2:06:34 PM
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2003, 11:00:44 AM »
Not many people know this, but I am also a Sonic fan. I bought a Genesis and a Dreamcast specifically for Sonic games. I hate the first Sonic game, but Sonic 2 is my favorite.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2003, 06:20:51 PM »
This is the reason Eggman was called Robotnik in America.
Spell Robotnik backwards: Kintobor. Kintobor is a Czechoslovakian word that means worker. Isn't Robotnik a bit of a worker? I'd say he is.

Edited by - gamemaster79 on 6/21/2003 5:30:13 PM

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2003, 06:35:43 PM »
SMC starts out really fun until you find out how impossible Mean Bean Machine is (although it is probably the most fun game on this game) and how easy Sonic 3D Blast is. But you're probably want to go back and play it a few weeks after you've gotten bored of it.

I'm trying to find a Knuckles' Chaotix ROM.

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2003, 06:49:34 PM »
I love sonic.  I have a gamegear with a whole bunch of sonic games. He definetly one of my favorite videogame characters.  (Next to bomberman and mario)  And I really hate how they stretched the plot around so much in the comics and show.

"I go to many oversea places, like Canada."- Britany Spears

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2003, 09:13:31 AM »
I love Sonic. Always have. All the games.

Knuckles is by far the coolest.

I like the streched plot in the comics, otherwise I would have gotten bored and wouldn't have purchased millions of them.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2003, 11:29:24 AM »
I like keeping my topics higher on the page.

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2003, 12:56:42 PM »
Me and my brother love Sonic games.

I'm a Shadow nut

My bro's a Sonic nut.

What more do I have to say?

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants!
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2003, 01:09:32 PM »
I thought it was the other way around with you two...

Sonic is neutral in my book. Not really a fan, not really and enemy. Just there. :P
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2003, 03:38:02 PM »
Well, it was me who thought of the name-he used it, and completely forgot about Sonic. I think he's mad at me though.....

But my favorite character is Shadow.

He's my 2nd favorite video game character, too.

Jon:Mario
    Shadow
    Lugi
    Bowser
    So on...

My brother:Luigi
           Sonic
           And I dont know the rest.....

See,that's how it goes. Weird, ain't it?

Besides, I HATE Sonic.......

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2003, 03:43:53 PM »
Hey, all those guys who liked the old Sonic games, the Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic DX for Gamecube both have a bunch of your old favorites!

Right now, in Sonic DX, I've opened up 6 of the oldest games and theyre cool! Except the first Sonic game and the one where Sonic cant run or jump. I think that's Eggman's something or whatever.

Print