Print

Author Topic: Anyone like trains here?  (Read 4148 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: August 24, 2003, 07:55:31 PM »
Does anyone here like trains here besides me?
What about model railroads? As you can tell from my name, I really like trains. My dad and I have even installed train horns in his truck and have built my own model railroad.I am also in a model railroading club.

Now, don't give me some nasty remark because I like trains. I am not in the mood for that kind of crap.

"Yesterday, when I''m smaller..... I wanna fight that Mario the day before yesterday."
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 08:02:24 PM »
well, i can't say im a big fan, but they can be interesting, i used to be obsessed with pokemon...uhh...right, off topic huh??

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, who made the saying "Quit while you''re still ahead"?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2003, 08:24:58 PM »
no

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 10:24:18 PM »
Well, I guess that nobody really likes them too much. Hmm.... dissapointing. Very dissappointing.

Hey folks, you should try this. Show people your drivers license and ask them if "they have seen this man."
Quote from George W. Bush: "I have opinions, strong ones, but I don''t always agree with them."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2003, 11:01:06 PM »
I used to have a little train set but someone sold it. I guess it was really my grandma's. It was kinda cool.

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2003, 07:07:57 PM »
Awesome, Chupperson! Chupperson Weird is the coolest!

Hey folks, you should try this. Show people your drivers license and ask them if "they have seen this man."
Quote from George W. Bush: "I have opinions, strong ones, but I don''t always agree with them."

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2003, 11:57:23 PM »
I still have a little train set. It's still fun to play with.

Edited by - NiNtEnDoFrEaK on 8/25/2003 10:59:09 PM
Deezer was here.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2003, 06:20:25 PM »
Yeah, well, I'm part of CTAMR, Central Texas Area Model Railroaders, or for I like to call it for short, "Mr. G." Short for Model Railroad Guys. Also I have a 4x8 layout in the shed of my house. I have a SD75-I and C44-9W with intermodal freight cars. I model BNSF, Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway, Amtrak Passenger serice, and sometimes CSX, Chessy System, Seaboard System, and "X" stands for other things that support them, like TV shows, etc. Amtrak is run by the government which is bad because the government barely even knows what "train" means. They're so stupid, soooo, Amtrak is operating kind of bad. Hopefully, it is going to be turned over to someone who knows what they are doing. I hope Amtrak doesn't go under. When I mentioned "Chessy," it is not "cheesy" (although their paint scheme was orange back then) but "Chessy."

Edited by - Trainman on 8/27/2003 5:27:28 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2003, 10:38:06 PM »
There were plans to have an Amtrak line come through here, in Tulsa, but I guess they scrapped it. Too bad.

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2003, 10:43:18 PM »
Amtrak is awesome. I hope they don't go under. BNSF is awesome too.

Well Chupperson, they probably scrapped the idea becaause the stupid government runs Amtrak. How stupid is that? As I said above, the governmen barely knows what "train" means.

I love train horns! My dad and I installed two pairs of train horns under the hood of his pick-up. They sit on the indention where the wheel well is. they are pretty loud and we use them if a jerk cuts us off, etc. We drilled a hole through my dad's dashboard and put a push button there to activate the horns. I REALLY want to ut Amtrak's horns on my dad's (soon to be mine when I get my permit, heh heh.) truck. The are EXTREMELY and I mean EXTREMELY loud. Comparing a train horn to a jet going right overhead you, is very close.

Jet- 120 decibals
Train Horn- 110 decibals

The thing that REALLY bothers the heck out of me is that my friends friend thinks hos $3000 dollar drum set is louder that a train horn. I said, "Hahaha, NO. If you want to play your drums while I blow a train horn in your face, go for it. You won't beat it though." He still doesn't agree with me. When Amtrak stops at the Santa Fe depot in Temple, I got up about 6 feet away from the lead unit. There was a fence and I wouldn't want to go TOO close. But anyway, when they honked the horns, booooy, man that was loud. It scared the crap out of me as usual because you don't expect it, and if you do, you don't know when it's going to happen. Also, I felt the air explode around me, just like thunder heats up the air rapidly and causes thunder. Man, I want those horns. They're "K5LA" horns. The bad thing is, is that brand new, those horns cost $1150!!! They sound beautiful though. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2003, 11:06:35 PM »
I went across the country with my mom, sister, and youngest older brother on the California Zephyr.  I also like building trains with LEGOs.  And I used to love Thomas the Tank Engine, when I was little.  I used to love trains, now they're just OK.

Why do we drink COW milk?  Who was the guy who said, "I think I''ll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze ''em!"?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2003, 10:31:26 PM »
BUMP. I wanna see if any newbie like trains, (probably not).

Yeah, the Zypher was cool. Trains are just "ok" now? That better change soon...

"Oh, I''m such and idiot." "I don''t wanna live to see the day the Earth screws up." ~Trainman

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2003, 10:49:07 PM »
Hey, come to think of it, my old town Havre is the Amtrak central of basically the entire north-central US. Amtrak is dying, though, sadly.

I’m not stupid, I’m LD.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2003, 11:18:04 PM »
Sorry Trainman, but I don't think I'm suddenly going to "love" trains again any time soon. Sorry! XD

*LD gets hit with a trout.*

Edited by - Markio on 11/6/2003 9:23:31 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2003, 07:45:08 PM »
Yes, Amtrak is dying because the government runs it. The government kills everyone like how they suck you dry of your money... They are planning to turn over Amtrak to an old man that knows his trains and has been with Amtrak for a very long while. He'll revive it...

Oh, thanks TheEggMan...

"Oh, I''m such and idiot." "I don''t wanna live to see the day the Earth screws up." ~Trainman

Print