Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario or SMRPG?  (Read 4402 times)

« on: October 01, 2003, 05:10:16 PM »
I cant really decide.I love both of these very much!They better make Paper Mario for GameCube!

Hey everyone,PS2 SUCKS![Notice the capital "S" in PS2 SUCKS because PS2 SUCKS!Also notice the capital letters in PS2 SUCKS!because PS2 SUCKS!!!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 05:17:42 PM »
I haven't played either games, though I want to.

If all your friends were named Cliff, would you jump off them?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 05:21:48 PM »
Super Mario RPG. Paper Mario was good, and all, but it just can't beat the "Dream come true" game. Maybe Square Enix should team up with Nintendo again (after Mario & Luigi), so they can make the ultimate Mario RPG. As for Paper Mario for the Gamecube, it's most unlikely, but there are rumors that it and SMRPG will be re-released for the GBA. In the mean time, try out Mario & Luigi, when it is released in November. It's gonna rock (just like the previous Mario RPG's).

---------------------------------------------

You messed up my moose!-Rabbit
"I hate people who quote themselves in there signatures"-Me

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 05:24:47 PM »
All the Mario RPGs rule!!!!!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 08:11:29 PM »
I liked the attach methods and world graphics of Paper Mario, but prefer the characters and their graphic styles from Mario RPG.  I think both had good stories.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 08:21:12 PM »
SMRPG. I liked the battle system far better ... PM's was a bit simplistic. But I liked both games.

Wow! You make a coherent non-spam thread! Congratulations!

Stupid Quotes: (5th edition)
"I`d like to buy a vowel. An N?"
~Contestant on "Wheel of Fortune"
~I.S.~

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2003, 04:44:32 PM »
You know i actually made up my mind.Paper Mario.It was longer and more challenging[but fun!].

Hey everyone,PS2 SUCKS![Notice the capital "S" in PS2 SUCKS because PS2 SUCKS!Also notice the capital letters in PS2 SUCKS!because PS2 SUCKS!!!

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2003, 06:52:32 PM »
More challenging? uh....

I vote for the best game of all time: SMRPG

I’m not stupid, I’m LD.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 11:16:14 PM »
I like SMRPG slightly better than PM, the battle system being one of several small reasons.
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2003, 02:20:31 AM »
You know, both of these games were great, but I'm gonna have to stick to SMRPG...I like the battle engine far better, and I have to agree with LD on this - it's one of the better games out there.

I mean what I mean, but if you know what I mean, how can you mean what I mean - y'know what I mean?

MAAAAARIO WHERE AAAAARE YOU??

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2003, 04:52:54 AM »
I think that they were both great games, Paper Mario was more creative, but far to easy, and the battle system wasn't as good as the one in SMRPG.  SMRPG was easy as well, but it was more considerabally difficult, and I liked the way the stats were set-up better in that game, I found both games to be quite enjoyable, but I have to go with SMRPG because nothing beats having Bowser on your team.  So until they come out with Mario and Luigi, this is my favorite Mario RPG game...out of the two they made

If you have done right, it will be as if you have done nothing at all-God on Futurama

The meatball of war has fallen out of our plates rolled off the table and fell into our good white trousers! Beep, Boo, Beep, Boo-Mario on Futurama
If you have done right, it will be as if you have done nothing at all-God on Futurama

The meatball of war has fallen out of our plates rolled off the table and fell into our good white trousers! Beep, Boo, Beep, Boo-Mario on Futurama

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2003, 04:39:55 PM »
i think paper mario is better because it have more special effects but im waiting for  paper mario for gamecube i think it will be the best of all the games of mario

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2003, 01:36:59 AM »
I like PM, but SMRPG has to be my favorite out of those two. It's just so memorable... the characters, the enemies, the story, the music, the symbolism... It's one of those games that you never forget. And the Weapon Boss theme is always stuck in my head! ARGH! ::D

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2003, 11:34:19 AM »
SMPRG, me thinks.  How can you beat annoying Croc?
 n/a

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2003, 03:38:25 PM »
Paper Mario is way better than SMRPG. That's my opinion because I am a second wave gamer who likes the new games better than the old ones. But it's creative and has a magical feeling. It's even better when you have a bottle of Vanilla Coke with you. It's long and the battles are entertaining and Bowser is a bad guy again. I didn't think it was a good idea to make Mario team up with Bowser in SMRPG. I also like the seperate sub-parts where you play as Peach for a short time because it gives the game more feel. The partners have cool moves and the stages are big. The paper that the characters are is really detailed.

Bumper Stickers I''ve Read: Your Kid May Be an Honor Student But You''re Still an Idiot
Deezer was here.

Print