Print

Author Topic: Emergency! Powerpoint I must have!  (Read 2595 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: October 29, 2003, 08:51:51 PM »
I must have Powerpoint for a school project. I had done a slide show on my friend's PC, but his PC has messed up and he can't send it to me. I must have the Powerpoint application sent to me in some way. If anyone remembers the topic I had asking for help when my other PC messed up, another thing it did besides reset itself was get rid of all installed programs, including my Powerpoint. MS Office was not already installed on my other PC, so I am needing it. I gave Circuit City a call and they said MS Office was $499.99!!!!! I called Stapels and asked for JUST the Powerpoint application and it was a ridiculous $219.99-$299.99!!!!!

Please, please, can anyone help me and sned the application to me? Please! I will be most thankful to anyone who can sned it to me.

"Oh, I''m such and idiot." "I don''t wanna live to see the day the Earth screws up." ~Trainman
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 05:46:05 AM »
Not in a lifetime.

---------
Nihao! :D
---------
Nihao! :D

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2003, 10:25:10 AM »
Do you listen to yourself when you talk. MS Power point is to big a file for anyone to send. You should borrow the cd from someone you know.

I''m the chef of the Fungi Forums!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2003, 11:29:47 AM »
I would, but I don't have Powerpoint.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2003, 12:00:03 PM »
You can't. Not legally.

Powerpoint is a commercial software package that you can buy from virtually any software vendor.

If you simply need to view a PowerPoint presentation rather than edit or create one from scratch, there are free PowerPoint Viewers available for download for PC and Mac.

Powerpoint versions 97 through 2002 share the same basic file format, so you can usually open files from any current version of PowerPoint in PowerPoint 97. Online auctions like eBay frequently have older versions of software at pretty good prices. I don't recommend that you get anything older than PowerPoint 97.

Just between us, though, I've heard that a guy named Iracy at Microsoft deals in cloned/warez versions of software.

His first name's Peter or Paul or something like that. I don't have his email address (understandably, he keeps a low profile) but most Microsoft email adresses are FirstInitial + LastName@microsoft.com

You could try emailing him ...

Edited by - Luigison on 11/1/2003 10:03:51 AM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2003, 01:01:32 PM »
*falls over*

I’m not stupid, I’m LD.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2003, 02:16:48 AM »
*helps LD back up*
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2003, 01:07:47 PM »
Thank you!

I’m not stupid, I’m LD.

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2003, 08:47:54 PM »
Just get a trial version.

-----------------------------
(''o0o'') The Metroids will rule the world! Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2003, 08:51:50 AM »
Raven is back trainman. whats up its me
im back

Print