Print

Author Topic: User Created Mario Games  (Read 4584 times)

« on: December 13, 2003, 10:12:52 PM »
Hey! Guess what I just learned how to make?
No, not a robot.
Not that, either.
No!!! I learned how to make Platform Games!!
The Current product is titled: "Wario Land: Grab Some Cash". It stars Wario, obviously. You run around, stomping thing, collecting coins and making your way to the exit.
I made Wario's sprites out of the SMB Mario sprites. It only has two enemys right now, but I'll work on more.
I'll update you when I work on it some more.
Anyone else have a Mario themed game? I know Cashcrazed does, who else?

...And my dear sweet mother, she just looked at me like a cow looks at an oncoming train. She leaned right down next to me, and she said,"IT''S GOOD FOR YOU!!!"
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 10:15:03 PM »
How can I play this game?
Let me away from this boulder!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 11:33:25 PM »
I was developing a Super Mario Bros. Bust Out game, but stop with the 4th level (castle) after I got an error that made levels repeat.  I couldn't find the error, so stopped programming.  I hate debugging.  It was in DarkBASIC if anyone is interested in reviving it.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 12:32:48 AM »
I've made a few Mario fangames in my time:

Super Mario Universe

Very buggy old fangame.  It's a platformer, and it WILL NOT WORK with Windows OS's beyond 98, EXCEPT for XP, where you can set it to run in 95-compatability mode.  You'll also need the contents of this file here in the same directory as the game.

Shift is jump, control is run/fire/hammer/spin, down/control is turn into goomba (with the goomba suit), Enter is use extra item (which you have to choose before going into a level.

Untitled (eggs.zip)

A Yoshi fangame puzzle game, based off of "Penguin Land" on the Sega Master System.  You try to guide an egg to the bottom of a level without breaking it.

Shift is jump, control is tongue.  It's got an editor, good for it.

Again, this file has to be in the same directory.

And my latest little truncation...

Untitled (Yoshi's Island fangame)

It's very early development, so Yoshi's got no feet, his arms disappear when standing still, there's a lot of debug stuff, etc.

THINGS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW TO PLAY:

When it starts up, press L to load the level, C to center the camera on Yoshi, and V to start the game's action.  After that, SHIFT is jump, CONTROL is pick up/throw, and Z is tongue.

EXTRA THINGS YOU'LL NEVER NEED:

When the camera is not on Yoshi (C toggles this), you can hold SPACE to pan it around.
ENTER brings up the tile palette (don't click on the purple boxes) and Left-click paints with the current tile.
- and + change tile properties (slope, platform, etc.).
Right-click to make a shy-guy spawn spot.
S saves the level to "test.arr".
X... avoid pressing this button.  Bad things occur.
\ once changed Yoshi's color, but it don't do that no more.

Yah.  My legacy in unfinished Mario fangames.  Try 'em if you so desire.

Go Moon!

Go Moon!

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 12:35:28 AM »
Why not a robot? Robots are aawesome, they shoot all these lazers and are metal and stuff and sometimes they distroy earth and stuff, then everyone would die and nobody would be left to blame you for killing everyone. And the robot could be a time machine too so you could go back in time to stop yourself from building the robot and killing everyone so everyone lives, but then you will never have built the robot/time machine and will not be able to go back and stop yourself from building the robot/time machine and killing everyone. Sometimes I dream that crazy pickles are stabbing my face.
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2003, 10:43:43 AM »
I'll put Wario Land up for download, then give a link to where you can download it.

...And my dear sweet mother, she just looked at me like a cow looks at an oncoming train. She leaned right down next to me, and she said,"IT''S GOOD FOR YOU!!!"

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2003, 12:36:12 PM »
I have never been to Albuquerque, but I like sauerkraut.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2003, 03:43:40 PM »
...And then she tied me to the wall and stuck a funnel in my mouth and force-fed me saurkraut... Oh, sorry.

Behold the overwhelming power of my signature and bow before me! BOW!
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2003, 12:03:56 AM »
You're the first two to comment about my new signature.

Whatever. Here's the link. Downloadables!! Theres some other crap there too, but I think we all want Wario Land: Grab Some Cash!!(Thats the demo you want to download...)

Ciao!

Edited by - Dairy King on 12/19/2003 10:11:13 PM

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2003, 02:18:36 AM »
Dairy King, is the screen supposed to only scroll when you get close to the edge?  If so, that has got to be changed.  It's no fun when you can't see two steps in front of you.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2003, 02:13:58 PM »
I'm working on fixing that. I was also thinking about trying to make a MB clone as a minigame to go along with it.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2003, 10:02:19 AM »
CashCrazed has a good Mario Bros. clone.  

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2003, 06:36:55 PM »
I'm currently working on a game too. I'm only just starting, but I think it has a pretty cool concept. It's called: Yoshi's Feeding Frenzy. In the game, you (Yoshi) stand in front of a pirrana plant as it spits out enemies, eggs, and whatnot. You lick up the good foods, and leave the bad ones alone. Think it sounds okay?

Behold the overwhelming power of my signature and bow before me! BOW!
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2003, 08:27:59 PM »
Hello! I'm back with some good news! I've fixed the problem with the scrolling. Turns out I didn't set the scroll boarder large enough. So.. I've loaded it up and you can now re-download it at the link provided above.

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2003, 11:18:55 PM »
I'm giving up on having an actual health system. I can't get the health bar to scroll with the screen. Quoth Stewie Griffon: "BLAST!" Oh well. I'll just rely on the old fashioned Mario Shrinking system... Sigh...

Print