Print

Author Topic: The Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom  (Read 21506 times)

n/a

« on: January 09, 2004, 08:46:28 PM »
K, maybe some of you have seen this before, i dunno, but i just saw it and find it very... uh... sadly funny.... or funnily sad... whatever... see for yourself...

There's 2 parts, at various sites. Here's the flashplayer ones:

http://www.flashplayer.com/animation/mushroomkingdom.html
and...
logically...
http://www.flashplayer.com/animation/mushroomkingdom2.html

Edited by - Deezer on 1/9/2004 5:12:44 PM

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 10:02:33 PM »
I loved those movies.

Or is it?... *shifts eyes supiciously*
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 05:25:06 PM »
ehhhhh. I'm not too big a fan of sprite movies, (though I have made some).

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 01:35:18 AM »
The movie itself is rather well done in terms of sprite-animation, custom sprites, music, etc.  But I didn't like it because of the story.

I really can't stand stories that put adult things into a Mario setting. Blood, violence, death...they just dont belong in this family-friendly franchise.  It's not the right attitude.

----------

I''m back, baby! Well, kinda...
----------

I''m back, baby! Well, kinda...

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2004, 05:13:04 PM »
I agree, to an extent.

I think Mario is capable of many things; sure, not overgory Mortal Kombat-esque scenarios, but more mature... how do I put this... not "themes," because the themes are fine... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I can imagine, if Luigi passed away, sadness for such a thing, sympathy for Mario, and resentment towards the cause being displayed in Mario's world; I think emotionally and morally mature realms are possible without touching the surface of what you just mentioned.

I could ramble on, but... I shan't.

Mario''s adventure is over for now, but,

Mario''s dream lives forever...

Dream on, Mario... dream on.

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2004, 08:37:41 AM »
OH!

The Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom!

I saw both movies long before this post ever occured, and I cried like hell at each sad scene!! In fact, I'll even give out the link to the mother website i.e. the website of the guy who made those movies!!

Here it is: The Video Game Director's Cuts

Warning: This website requires Macromedia's FlashPlayer, and contains material and links which is not suitable for young children...

Hmmm, you know what? I thought about it and I just removed the direct link to the website...

If you still wish to see this site, I think you should find it yourself via some search engine. After all, I provided the name...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2004, 05:54:35 PM »
In the beginning of part two, the koopaling warning bowser was blown up and sent flying into the screen and cracked it. In the end of M&L:SS bowser's castle was blow up and he was flown into the screen and cracked it in a similar fasion. Very Similar.

Watch the Mack daddy mario movies on that sight, their hilarious.

Or is it?... *shifts eyes supiciously*
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2004, 08:07:15 PM »
Could someone please tell me what a "sprite" is and how to make one?

(please say the following in the best Darth Vader voice you can) Mario.... I am....your biggest fan!

Edited by - Nintendo Boy on 1/20/2004 6:09:16 PM
Was it a car or a cat I saw?

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2004, 08:25:01 PM »
I saw those movies, too, before this topic came up, in October. I also saw all of the Mack Daddy Mario movies, and the Mack Daddy Luigi one, in which Luigi swears at Mario saying "That no good s-o-b. Always got to the f-ing center of attention, huh? Well it's my turn to shine!" Then he pulls out a radio and starts dancing. After a while his pants falls down and he covers himself. Then Mario comes over and says, "Mama should have named him 'Lu-Weenie'."

I told you I would shoot, but you didn`t believe me! WHY DIDN`T YOU BELIEVE ME?!!

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 1/20/2004 6:28:00 PM

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2004, 07:30:36 AM »
 PLEASE!!! I NEED to know what a sprite is and how to make one!!!

(please say the following in the best Darth Vader voice you can) Mario.... I am....your biggest fan!
Was it a car or a cat I saw?

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2004, 10:11:33 AM »
A 'sprite', in computer language, is a programmed symbol or animation that represents the video game character in any 8-bit to 16 or 32-bit game...

For example, let's assume your playing Super Mario Bros. 3: Super Mario Advance 4, the Mario character you're playing with is a 'sprite'!

Some people use sprites to make comics or Flash animation because it is much easier than drawing, and it is more graphically accurate...

Most people do not make original sprites, they rip them off from the games and use them as they are or modify them. If you want some sprites, try the Shyguy Kingdom. This site is the biggest source for sprites on the internet!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2004, 03:17:43 AM »
*BIG NEWS*

It was just announced that PART 3 of the Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom is currently under development!!

Check out the official website (found in one of my other posts above) to know more about it!!

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2004, 03:01:09 PM »
That's awsome!

Mario can''''t win forever. Soon I''''ll take over TMK!
Mario can''t win forever. Soon I''ll take over TMK, now that I posess the triforce of Power! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2004, 05:24:26 PM »
THat is by far not as good as "Mario Bros." that Lizard Dude posted links to.

n/a

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2004, 07:02:18 PM »
Yes, so I've heard...

It''s not an optical illusion, it just looks like one.

Print