Print

Author Topic: Please understand...  (Read 5735 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2004, 08:08:18 PM »
Okay, let me restate my point. When I discussed the Xbox Controller, I specifically said the Xbox "Controller S", NOT the original Xbox Controller. The original Xbox Controller was indeed very large and was hard to use, but the Controller S is the redesigned version.

The Controller S is redesigned to be smaller and more practical. The buttons on the Controller S are round, like the buttons on almost every other controller, and are spread out in the traditional "circular" pattern. The D-Pad on the Controller S is shaped more like the classic Nintendo D-Pad (like a "+").

Many of you have probably never used the Xbox Controller S, most of you probably used the original bulky Controller. Trust me, once you use the improved Controller S, you will hopefully begin to understand my opinions...

============================================

On a seperate bote, the GameCube Controller is the best controller ever created, except for one problem--the D-Pad is too small. Nintendo should have designed the GameCube Controller's D-Pad to be larger and easier to use.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2004, 08:46:46 PM »
Is the X-Box Controller S the controller with the Start and Select buttons incovieniently placed on the far bottom-left of the controller?
Deezer was here.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2004, 07:43:19 PM »
Yes. But the Start and Back buttons are actually very easy to reach. Simply move your finger a bit to the left and you can press the Start and Back buttons with ease! Hvae you guys really never used the Xbox Controller S before?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2004, 09:43:54 PM »
The gc d pad is the same size as the GBA's d pad.

and Remember kids,don''''''''t call me gringo or f**kin beaner.
Arrgh, Go F*ck yourself
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2004, 10:13:34 PM »
I have used the Controller S before and it is an improvement over the old ship anchor controller, but the problem with the Start and Select buttons isn't the far-awayness of them, it's because they're colored black just like the rest of the controller, so they are hard to recognize right away.
Deezer was here.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2004, 11:59:22 PM »
The GCN's D-Pad is the perfect size, in my opinion. You can move it by just tilting your thumb, rather than having to push on each side and move your thumb all over the place.

The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
That was a joke.

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2004, 12:06:58 AM »
After playing the NES Zeldas a lot on GCN and then finishing up Mario & Luigi on GBA, I realized what Chup is saying. The small one looks like it will be bad, but is actually good. Who would have thunk?

my pathetic attempts at humor are fleeting

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2004, 07:57:50 PM »
Xbox Sux

-----------------------------

Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »
I concur.
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."- Jebediah Springfield

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2004, 08:37:05 PM »
The Control Pad is almost useless on the Gamecube controller. The only times I've ever used it were to play NES games in Animal Crossing or Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition. Even so, it's easy enough to just use the joystick for them.

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2004, 10:34:48 PM »
I use it on a bunch of my games.....

Print