Print

Author Topic: I am so angry with Nintendo...  (Read 4848 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: February 07, 2004, 02:44:23 PM »
Who at Nintendo had the "amazing" idea to sell Rare--one of their biggest game developers--to Microsoft? That's like saying Sega will sell their Sonic the Hedgehog franchise to Microsoft! Of course that would not happen, but that was just a poor example.

Nintendo had no reason to sell Rare; they just wasted the talent of a good game developer, which is a poor loss on Nintendo's part. After 10 years of making Nintendo games, Rare was just tossed away like garbage. Nintendo should have known that Rare was one of their best game developers; some of the most successful games on Nintendo 64 were made by Rare!

Now that Rare is with Microsoft, they are still making games for Nintendo's Game Boy! If Microsoft wants to make handheld games, then they should create their own handheld system. Microsoft shouldn't waste their time making crappy games for a rival company. That's like saying Nintendo will make games for the Xbox...which of course won't happen.

Nintendo really screwed up this time. I am so confused and angry with them!
============================================

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 2/7/2004 12:55:58 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 04:57:12 PM »
One of the main reasons is because the last few Rare games (Banjo-Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day and Star Fox Adventures), while very good, did not sell well. But what I don't get is, it was only 3 games. Oh well.
Ya know, you being mad at Nintendo is sort of like how I am beyond ANGREY at sadib. I hope that jerk get banned. }:(

---------------------------------------------

Gotta kill fast! Gotta kill fast! Gotta kill faster! Faster! Faster! Faster! Lonic X!
Professional Paisano here

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 05:50:10 PM »
If you're not pleased with Nintendo, you should join their company and change what they do.  Actually, that's kinda hard... anyway, yeah it does suck, but do you think there's the slightest possibility they might ever get it back?  And Lonic, just try to ignore him.  If you think he's not worth talking to, why talk to him?  Woah, off topic.  Anyway, Rare .......... Rare...... Rare. Yeah.

If you eat sixty-two oranges, fifty-three bananas, and seventy-four apples, then you''re full of fruit!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2004, 08:39:42 PM »
"... how I am beyond ANGREY at sadib. I hope that jerk get banned. }:("

Quiet your mouth; that doesn't help anything at all.

Well, they sold Rare because Nintendo wasn't making any moola moola off of them.

"It is not spap." ~Chupperson
Formerly quite reasonable.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2004, 09:12:43 PM »
Rare was a dying company with Nintendo. They weren't doing much of anything.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2004, 09:20:15 PM »
"Who at Nintendo had the 'amazing' idea to sell Rare--one of their biggest game developers--to Microsoft? That's like saying Sega will sell their Sonic the Hedgehog franchise to Microsoft!"

First of all, you're wrong: Selling Sonic would be like selling Mario, not Rare. Second, Rare didn't want to stay an exclusive developer to Nintendo anymore.

"Nintendo had no reason to sell Rare; they just wasted the talent of a good game developer, which is a poor loss on Nintendo's part."

Uh, if you look, Rare is still making games for Nintendo systems...

"After 10 years of making Nintendo games, Rare was just tossed away like garbage."

Incorrect again. Seriously, go read the Rare site once in a while. As I recall, they said it was a mutual decision.

"Nintendo should have known that Rare was one of their best game developers . . ."

Was being the key word here.

". . . some of the most successful games on Nintendo 64 were made by Rare!"

Their recent titles have been financial failures.

"Now that Rare is with Microsoft, they are still making games for Nintendo's Game Boy! If Microsoft wants to make handheld games, then they should create their own handheld system. Microsoft shouldn't waste their time making crappy games for a rival company."

It's RARE, you fool! Microsoft is not developing the games! Rare is not owned by Microsoft, as they were never owned by Nintendo!

"That's like saying Nintendo will make games for the Xbox...which of course won't happen."

No, it's really not like saying that at all.

"Nintendo really screwed up this time. I am so confused and angry with them!"

You're also very slow to respond to things. The sale of Nintendo's share of Rare happened months ago.

Why don't you change your name to something like "Nintendo Criticizer" instead?

To sum it all up:

• Nintendo never owned Rare; they are an independent company

• Rare develops for whomever they wish

• Who are you to be angry with Nintendo anyway? A disgruntled consumer. You have no business trying to tell anyone what Nintendo should be doing, especially here, on a Mario fan board.

• You are naïve.

• You are a fool.™

The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 2/7/2004 7:26:45 PM

That was a joke.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2004, 09:25:31 PM »
1) Rare's first game for the Xbox was Grabbed by the Ghoulies.

I rest my case.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004, 09:36:36 PM »
That's a shame, did the ghoulies ever give it back?

OK, that wasn't funny.  I'll show myself to the door.  Farewell, all who read this post.

If you eat sixty-two oranges, fifty-three bananas, and seventy-four apples, then you''re full of fruit!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »
I don't think it will really make a difference.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004, 10:24:36 PM »
For what it's worth, Markio, I thought your post was hi-larious.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2004, 01:03:32 AM »
That post was hi-larious. I find that a bit funny.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2004, 08:38:10 PM »
If Rare was an independent company, then how could Nintendo have sold them to Microsoft?

Didn't the press release state, "Microsoft acquired the entire ownership of Rare when they purchased the company from Nintendo..."?

============================================
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2004, 11:13:25 AM »
Ok, I was originally just gonna read these posts, but none of you are right so I'll clear this up. First, Nintendo never fired Rare, Rare quit because Nintendo kept delaying to sign some contract to keep all their games with Nintendo, and because they kept putting it off Rare quit. Also, they did not join up with Microsoft, they are an independant company now like Sega. So now they can make Donkey Kong games for XBox, right? WRONG!!! They were forced to sell their rights of Donkey Kong to Nintendo, because they just made games off the monkey from Donkey Kong. They were going to make a game called "Diddy Kong Pilot" for either Gamecube or GBA (I heard of this from this forum so I'm not sure, never even heard of a game with that name before the post), but because of the sold rights, they're changing it to "Banjo Pilot." Understand?

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

Edited by - Do The Mario! on 3/2/2004 8:37:39 AM
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2004, 05:33:19 PM »
Hmmm, I was wondering why Diddy Kong had the Rare symbol that used to be on his cap replaced by the Nintendo logo in MG:TT and MK:DD!!.

Si las paredes podrían hablar, podría perforar los agujeros en ellas así que cerrarían el infierno para arriba.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2004, 10:25:51 PM »
Nintendo held a ...was it 30% share? in Rare. They sold that back to Rare, I believe.
Anyway: As I said, the guys at Rare said it was a mutual decision for Nintendo to sell their Rare stock.
That was a joke.

Print