Print

Author Topic: HAHAHA! Microsoft fined $613 MILLION!!  (Read 4116 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: March 24, 2004, 06:27:25 PM »
HAHHAHAHHAHHHHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA!

Microsoft has been fined $613 million for attempting anticompetitive excersices and being very power hungry over what Europe does with its Microsoft computers it receives.

Oh, and guess who is leading everything: EU antitrust chief Mario Monti!

Mario's revenge!!!!!!!!!! Check it out: THIS IS THE LINK (BTW, I hope I did that right...)

Fixed the link.

~I.S.

Do you ever get so mad that you hit something, then when you hit whatever you were gonna hit, it hurts making you even MORE mad?

Edited by - Insane Steve on 3/24/2004 7:05:51 PM

Formerly quite reasonable.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 06:30:04 PM »
Hey, um, what do you put to make a link in HTML, please? I attempted that, but I failed miserably. Could someone tell me?

Thanks.

Do you ever get so mad that you hit something, then when you hit whatever you were gonna hit, it hurts making you even MORE mad?

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 06:31:58 PM »
Heh... thats hilarious. My old microsoft-brand computer sucked, I think this computer is a microsoft to but there doesn't seem to be any way to tell, but I'm only looking at this post reply page so there probably shouldn't be a way to tell here anyways.

<a href="site URL">then you put a word or two here[/url] and click the box for html.

Edited by - Popple on 3/24/2004 4:35:03 PM
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 07:56:12 PM »
I didn't know Microsoft makes computers, I thought they made software (like Windows) and the XBox.  And I personally don't have anything against Microsoft.  They did pretty good with WinXP (which I happen to be using right now) and a lot of computer software like games and such is for Windows.  Just think, what would we do if Microsoft went out of business?

But I do find it amusing that they got fined a record amount of money. :D

Bozone, n.:
    The layer of gas surrounding a person which prevents good ideas from penetrating.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 07:56:47 PM »
I'm surprised to see that the article to which you've linked us is on MSN. That's very interesting.
(Whether or not the article itself is interesting, though, I can't comment on because I didn't read it.)

“Hey, Strong Bad. You jumped over some u’ my busses.”
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 10:57:55 PM »
Why is that surprising? If Apple had news would they hide their own fines?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 11:15:53 PM »
Poor Microsoft.  I sure wouldn't like to lose $613,000,000.

Follow the butterflies!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2004, 11:28:40 PM »
Oh, no, Lizard, that's not what I'm getting at. It's not about Microsoft as opposed to Apple or any other company. It's that you don't often see companies reported negatively in their own news sources. The Warner Bros. studio, for example, doesn't get much negative publicity in Time magazine, which is owned by the same company. I was taught in my Political Science and/or Marketing classes last year that media outlets tend not to give themselves or close partners negative coverage, so I'm kind of assuming that this teaching is actually true.

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2004, 11:59:44 PM »
Just goes to show how noble Microsoft is.

And can you like, skip to that email with a few questions that I sent you a bajillion months ago before attacking the rest of the pile? *bats giant sparkly eyes*

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2004, 12:16:00 AM »
Pile? What pile?

*Feels physically painful pangs of neglect induced guilt as a giant pile of e-mails not-so-softly prods back and shoulders*

Okay, maybe this is a better question: How'd you know about the pile?

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2004, 01:44:02 AM »
Chup told me.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2004, 02:07:04 AM »
Okay. (I figured as much.)

Well, tonight proved less productive than I would have liked, unfortunately. But that's all right. I'm off school this week, so I don't feel too pressured about anything right now, which is good. Although I can't promise anything, the outlook is good that you will get an e-mail reply from me sometime tomorrow, Lizard Dude. Thank you for waiting, and I apologize for the delay.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2004, 02:10:01 AM »
Heh, this topic has transformed from something Trainman was commenting on into the Dude's and my own personal communication space thingie.

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2004, 04:09:14 AM »
This story seems really ironic in a sense...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2004, 08:30:40 PM »
"Heh, this topic has transformed from something Trainman was commenting on into the Dude's and my own personal communication space thingie."

Ahahaha, no problem.

Popple, when you say "Site URL," no quotes when you put the link, correct?

Print