Print

Author Topic: Why?  (Read 2887 times)

« on: April 10, 2004, 06:42:21 PM »
We all know Link from Legend of Zelda is left-handed and has blonde hair right, but why...oh....why is he right-handed and has brown hair in the cartoon!?!
It takes two to lie, one to lie and one to listen.

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 06:57:52 PM »
Creative liberties. Plus, Link used to have brown hair (i.e. LoZ and Zelda:II).

"Eventually there will come a time where everyone is in a band."- George Carlin
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 07:05:55 PM »
Well..then why the change from brown to blonde?
It takes two to lie, one to lie and one to listen.

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 07:30:27 PM »
Each couple of games has a different link. The Link from the cartoon is supposed to be the same as Zelda 1 and 2.
Of course, cartoons absolutely cannot be the same as their videogame counterparts. It's like some kinda law.
Oh, and I believe Link from Ocarina of time is ambidextrous.

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 08:54:01 PM »
"Well..then why the change from brown to blonde?"

Uh, maybe he wanted to look preppy.

You are the dumbest idiot.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 04:18:00 PM »
Trying to solve video game mysteries as such by watching the cartoon counterpart almost never solves the problem.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2004, 09:03:57 PM »
Omit the word "almost".

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2004, 10:46:49 PM »
Yeah, on the Super Mario Bros Super Show, Peach has red hair like from SMB, but she's supposed to be like herself from SMB2, where she had blonde hair.  And they call Bowser King Koopa, and instead of red hair, King Koopa doesn't even have hair.  And their overalls are opposite colors, like Mario's were in Donkey Kong.  I could go on, but I think I made my point.

Signature under Construction.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2004, 10:02:01 AM »
Two things to correct- 1. Peach has brown hair in Super Mario Bros. 2, and I'm pretty sure it's brown in the Super Mario Bros. Super Show. 2. Bowser doesn't have hair... haven't you even seen the old pictures of him? He looks like the one now but all green (and sometimes his present colors, actually, I guess they couldn't decide).

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2004, 10:14:41 AM »
Bowser had no hair in the original SMB and Japanese SMB2, which explains why he has no hair in the cartoons. I've only seen episodes of SMW and SMB3, so I don't know what the characters look like in the Super Show.

Oh, and Link had several different incarnations, so it's obvious why they have different looks in different games, etc. If you follow a chronological timeline of he series like I do, Link first has blond hair, and it darkens in each new incarnation of Link, So, by the time we are around the LoZ-AoL era, we see Link with brown hair.

That's just my theory, though.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2004, 11:11:16 AM »
LoZ-AoL?  That's the Legend of Zelda-(something goes here), right?  My brain is stumped, probably because I'm not familiar with all the games in the Zelda series.  Of course, the answer is probably obvious, so I'll be ridiculed beyond my wildest dreams for not knowing this, but oh well...

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2004, 01:50:36 PM »
and if you had a life you wouldn't care!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2004, 05:36:53 PM »
 You know, Todd, insulting others at a forum isn't much indication that you're in any position to lecture someone else about "having a life."

Anyways, the Zelda cartoon really strayed from any of the games, so meh, it's full of inconsistencies. Don't take it at face value, and enjoy. :S

Print