Print

Author Topic: I'm making an rpg of Mario. Ideas?  (Read 4529 times)

« on: May 08, 2004, 02:49:03 PM »
 It's really gonna suck. I'm making it on my website. Could take a long time. One of the secret characters will be luigi. Does anyone have ideas? You can start out as Bowser or Mario. On Mario's beggining, he finds a letter. It says that I Bowser kidnapped Princess Peach. But he didd'nt. Mario fights through the army to fight bowser. On Bowsers side Boo gives Bowser a letter from Mario. It says that he knows bowser kidnapped Peach. Bowser, in shock asks Boo what to do. Boo suggest emergency army, but Bowser refuses. Then he must fight Mario. Bowser beats Mario and imprisons him. Then Luigi fights Bowser. I dont know how to finish Mario's story line. Any ideas?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 02:59:52 PM »
Why don't you just download RPG Maker 2000 or 2003 or something to make a Mario RPG Game?

Edited by - Meowrik on 5/8/2004 3:54:53 PM
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 03:02:11 PM »
How meowrick?

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 03:18:40 PM »
HOW MEOWRICK MUST KNOW NOW!!!

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 03:20:20 PM »
There is a website for it. I don't know where it is but if you just search for it, I'm sure you'll find it.

You could have Mario trick a koopa guard into letting him out of his cell, and when he escapes, have mario encounter some clue as to the identity of the person who wrote the notes.
Or, if he's going to be a silent(or semi-silent) hero, you could have him tell a long incomprehensible story to the guard, using that wierd italian thing the brothers do in M&L:SS, and changing into the characters as he goes along. The koopa guard wouldn't be able to understand a word of it, but it sounds important and he's got an honest face.

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 03:35:07 PM »
OH MAN I LOOKED THROUGH 10 SITES INSIDE OUT! PLEASE GIVE ME A LINK!!!

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 03:45:27 PM »
Hey youve got some good ideas.

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 04:24:00 PM »
Theres a prob. cant find any rpg's. Does'nt ANYONE know?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 04:54:34 PM »
Dude, it's called Google. 10 sites? Don't bother getting it if you're too lazy to even find it, 'cause it takes a looooong time to make a game.

This isn't a chatroom. You can't expect people to read your post and reply instantly.

For the last time, my name is Meowrik, not Meowrick.

Edited by - Meowrik on 5/8/2004 3:56:27 PM
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2004, 05:21:08 PM »
Meowrik, I am sorry. I was just really excited. I just always dreamed of making a Mario game. I am so sorry. I sometimes go crazy. Now, I am gonna look through google. Inside out means I looked through XPSN completely. One of the sites had 40 pages to look for nothing. Once again, I am sorry. I'm gonna look through google.

Edited by - luigifan on 5/8/2004 4:24:20 PM

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2004, 05:25:03 PM »
I made two Mario games before, but they're not as good: Yoshi's Harvest and Luigi's Gopher Bash.

I need some yarn, to make a wick- I''m saving up all my earwax to make a candle.

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2004, 08:42:14 AM »
Mm.

Mario is in prison? Have him imprisoned with an old Koopa and some Bob-Ombs. The old Koopa can teach them an Ancient explosion technique where, even after Bowser has disabled their fuses, they can conjure the bomb within and blow Mario a way out, where he can show up in time to assist Luigi in battling Bowser; however, Bowser down, he will explain how he didn't have Princess Peach, and it will be proven when your mystery villain shows up, only to scatter all three across The Mushroom Kingdom; and then you can alternate between Mario, Luigi, and Bowser.

Or not.

"Word I was in the house alone,
Somehow must have gotten abroad:
Word I was in my life alone.
Word I had no one left but God."
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2004, 10:53:32 PM »
 I think that's a good idea. The problem is, I still havent found it. I still havent found RPG maker 2000/2003. I checked for three hours. First I'll write down the storylines. Then I'll try to make to alternate characters. I'f anyone plans on teaching me this, I promise a fun game. I'll check back later as I have been told "this is not a chatroom. I'ts a message board. I'll take note on you'r suggestions.

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2004, 11:15:27 PM »
Does this help?  I haven't checked to see if it really does becuase I already have it.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2004, 04:40:12 PM »
 Well, it didd'nt work on my comp. Srry. Oh, but I'd like to say what Mario's side of the story is so far=

MARIO RPG
You can start off as Mario or Bowser.
Mario's side= First Mario wakes up get's a letter asking him to come to Princess Peaches Castle, to celebrate The Mushroom Kingdom and Bowser's new kingdom. When Mario get's there he finds a note on the steps. Mario becomes surprised, because the note say's
"Dear Mario,
I have kidnapped Princess Peach. If you want to save her you must find ME! I know that you may want to save Peach, but that's why I put out my army. If you want to save her meet me in my castle.
             Sincerely no more peace,
      Bowser"
Mario fights three koopa armies to get to Bowser. Then Bowser fights Mario, When  Mario weakens Bowser, Bowser pulls a switch witch makes Mario's side of the feild Lava. Mario falls, and his but smokes. Then he flies up to next floor saying "HA HA HA HA HA"[like in SM64]. On the next floor Mario steps on a trap, and falls in a prison with bom-omb's and an old Koopa. The Koopa tells Mario that "he was waiting for a guy named Luigi, oh well, you'll do. First, I want you to know this can be very dangerous. Do you think you are ready?"
If you say no you will be able to save. If you say yes, you will continue the story line. The Koopa will say "I Know you're explosives can no longer be detonated (COUGH HACK) but I know an ancient explosion trick.  It will revive the ropes on you're head. (COUGH HACK). Say's the ancient words, "COUGH HAAAACK let the bombs be roped"
Bom-ombs get they'r ropes back. Koopa " HOLY MOLY!!! I DIDD'NT KNOW THAT WOULD WORK!!! (COUGH HACK!) Now all we need is some fire. Luigi use to have fire power, but now all we have is electricity... Oh man what are we going to do??? (COUGH HACK)" Mario says to the Koopa that he's not  Luigi, but he's Mario. He tells the Koopa that he still has fire power. Koopa says "Good. Thank the Stars! Now use you'r fire power on these bombs.(COUGH HACK)" Mario uses his power and burnt the bom-omb in the middle of 8. Koopa hides in his Shell. A big ? comes over Mario's head. The bombs blow up and Mario gets sent flying. Koopa also goes flying. Mario finds Luigi fighting Bowser, Luigi is about to finish bowser, when Bowser Flames Luigi, then Luigi says YOW! and a Super Shroom falls out of his pack. Bowser takes the shroom and although still a little weakened, Bowser is still a tuff fight. Mario and Luigi must work together to fight Bowser. You beat Bowser and a message comes up that says "You can now play as Luigi!." Bowser explains to Mario that he did not Kidnap Peach. At first, Mario does'nt believe him. Then Boo comes up and says "It is true. Bowser was now making plans on kidnapping Daisy this time, not Peach." Luigi get's mad, but then Mario says "OK we believe you." With that, Mario is off to find out who did it. When he walks out he finds Toad. Toad says "Mario watch out, something seriusly wrong happened. The Yoshi's have eaten refreshing herbs, but it seems they are getting even more sick.

Print