Print

Author Topic: NP: Who's won big?  (Read 6155 times)

« on: August 06, 2004, 09:50:34 PM »
I know alot of you have most likely subscribed to Nintendo Power. Has anyone here entered any sweepstakes? If you have, have you ever won anything? I'm hoping I win the most recent NP sweepstakes I've entered. Last months issue included one where you could win PM2, Pikmin 2, MP2, StarFoz and Donkey Konga before they come out. 2nd prize is MP2 free. Has anyone won?

Mario Party 6?!!!!! Who saw that one comin''?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 10:05:56 PM »
I won two MKDD shirts from Nintendo.com.

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 12:06:43 AM »
I just won a Super Smash Bros. Melee T-Shirt from the mailing contest!

Shawne Vinson

Edited by - Shawne20 on 8/7/2004 2:31:04 AM

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 06:54:49 AM »
cool...

Edited by - mariofan 7 on 8/7/2004 5:55:19 AM

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 10:43:56 AM »
I won a Banjo-Kazooie OST.....No, wait, I think my brother just ordered it from the magazine...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2004, 02:10:32 PM »
I won a Sword of Mana medalion and a Spawn action figure.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 06:30:11 PM »
I'd like to win the old Donkey Kong arcade system.

"A person is a person, no matter how small."- Horton the Elephant
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 02:11:44 AM »
And I just won a Capcom different compass-watch! Boy isn't that wonderful?

Shawne Vinson

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 01:51:57 PM »
I got the following email today:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:57:26 -0700
Subject: You're a winner in the "Tales of Symphonia Sweepstakes"!

Congratulations!

Your name was selected in a random drawing in our "Tales of Symphonia
Sweepstakes" as a Grand Prize winner!

As a Grand Prize winner you will receive:
- one (1) three-pak of collectible Tales of Symphonia cards

Your prize will be shipped to you via UPS Two Day service. Please allow
up
to two weeks for processing and shipping.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would have like to have won a GameCube and the game, or at least the game since I don't have it.

Are the cards just for collecting or do they have codes, e-Reader strips, or other stuff for the ToS game?

I don't have the game. Should I get it? What other game(s) is it most like?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004, 06:31:28 PM »
ToS is like... Tales of Phantasia, heh.

It's a huge adventure, really fun and fast-paced with a story that continuously unfolds as the game goes on. The real-time battles are over in seconds, and you can set your other party members' strategies (retain magic, long range attacks/magic only, front lines, protect friend, etc.) as you see fit, as well as have them cast spells whenever you want by going into the menu or assigning a character's spell to C-stick up/down. Lots of sprawling towns, and dungeons that are short and sweet. Pretty good voice-acting that can kinda get cheesy but voices can be turned off. Same goes for the catch phrases during battles, but there are some pretty good lines depending on what characters you have fighting at the time.

There is a cooking system (that I rarely use but really should use more often) where you find recipes and buy/find food so you can heal HP/TP (Tech Points = magic) or status effects right after a battle or whenever you're walking around. There are also Ex Gems which basically power up your party members further, but you choose from four different "traits" for each gem, and certain combos unlock special skills or something. I really haven't messed with the gems too much; waiting till I find more.

Check out MetaCritic for a lot of reviews. I don't know what they mean by "anime cutscenes" because I haven't seen one except for the intro... unless there are some on disc 2 (right now I'm ~35 hours into it, still on first disc).

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2004, 06:37:48 PM »
Oh yeah, the cards are just collectibles I think. No e-Reader feature in ToS.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2004, 07:07:21 PM »
Oh wow, it has 2 discs?
...Man, I really need to get that game.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2004, 01:05:37 PM »
Whoa, I just checked my emails and I won the Tales of Symphonia cards too. Cool.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2004, 09:17:06 PM »
I wish I had registered for that. ;__;
That was a joke.

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2004, 04:57:23 PM »
I never won anything from Nintendo, just bought about $200 in merchandise from them.

---
"Nintendo Power catalogs are for the people that don't win stuff; it makes them feel better."
---

TAYL: Talk At Ya Later
Lazer Mario
TAYL: Talk At Ya Later
Lazer Mario

Print