Print

Author Topic: My life  (Read 1868 times)

« on: November 05, 2004, 10:48:32 PM »
Hey, you guys might be wondering what i was up to between the time i was gone from this board and now, so i'll fill you in a little.
Okay, so you may have known me before as the negative crazy angry personage who did little or nothing besides go to parties and get blasted, or have those short-lived relationships with girls of all sorts, or constantly participate in extreme sports and other extreme activities that normal people would deem "stupid".  Well, first of all I was taken off all meds, so i'm clean now, and i've never felt better, my anger problem has calmed down, my stress is at a record low, and well, i feel great.  i had my 17th birthday two months ago, and i'm now living on my own with my nephew (yes i took the responsibility of raising him), and i'm working as an educational assistant (teacher) at the elementary school, and i teach mornings, and i take courses in the afternoon.  I haven't partied a lot in the past couple of months, well i've been there, but i haven't downed the good stuff.  Probably because i suffered a major knee injury at the end of september, and i was off my feet for two weeks, but i'm back on them now, but it's still not near better, and i'm now out of volleyball, and hockey, and i won't be doing basketball or snowboarding this winter, which is a tick-off.  I haven't been with a girl in 2 months, i've resisted all temptations, because i need to focus on my career.  But life is treating me well, and i'm holding up well, so don't be afraid to ask anything.
-Todd

~Toddy

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 12:33:25 AM »
Good for you.  I hope things go better for ya now that you have more stuff to do.  I remember this one guy/girl in the Things That Drive Me Nuts thread that said they had sprained their leg or something like that and had to quit volleyball too.  So, don't worry, you're not the only one going through this.

I have a few questions to ask.  First, if I may ask this, what were you taking medication for.  And second, what do you teach at the school?  I'm interested to know.

On November 21st, Nintendo will unleash the greatest handheld system on America that this world has ever seen.  Two screens, two extra buttons, one touch-sensitive screen, wireless multiplayer, voice recognition, and more.  Prepare to severely wet yourself.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 07:57:02 AM »
I'm glad that all is well for you. ^_^

The Moo-Cow never stops laughing! XD
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 10:49:40 AM »
yeah that was me who posted in the things that drive me nuts, i just had a different name.  Anyways, the meds i was taking were anger meds and med for ADD.  i feel now that i can't even realize i ever had them.  At the school I teach Grade 1s and 2s.  I was originally in a split-class, but now i'm only with the 1s because they evened out the classes.  I basically teach literacy, but i teach various other things too.  I forgot to mention that although i haven't been with girls in 2 months, 2 weeks ago i started a new relationship and it's going pretty steady.  but yeah, i'm coaching volleyball and hockey now, so it's a healthy alternative to playing them, because i won't be doing that till the new year.

~Toddy

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 02:34:56 PM »
You were Revenge of Todd Begin?  Ha, I should have known.  It did seem similar to yours but I wasn't sure.  But you're taking meds for ADD?  Me too, unfortunately (but my pills are yellow and blue just like in Dr. Mario!).  ADD was so horrible for me most of my life and made me feel miserable.  I didn't notice I had it but I just kept having this feeing that I wasn't as smart as most people or just slower.  Thankfully that all changed when the guy who was giving me my IQ test noticed that I was spacing off a little during the interview and suggested that my Mom get medication.  Thank goodness for that.  My brother actually has ADD too (and I'm pretty sure it's ADHD, hence my triple post of him in TTDMN) so I hope his medicine helps him too (doesn't seem to be :)).

Back to you, you teach first and second graders?  Is that pretty scary or is it alright?  And is your coaching helping you learn any tactics in hockey and VB?  Are you getting paid good for all this?  And... is your girlfriend hot???  Just kidding of course.  I don't need to ask that.  What's your favorite sport out of all of the ones you listed?  Okay, I'm done for now.

COUNTDOWN TO DS: 15 DAY(S) REMAINING!!

On November 21st, Nintendo will unleash the greatest handheld system on America that this world has ever seen.  Two screens, two extra buttons, one touch-sensitive screen, wireless multiplayer, voice recognition, and more.  Prepare to severely wet yourself.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 11/8/2004 6:06:10 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 11:38:42 PM »
Teaching is fine, in fact i love it, it's become the most important part of my day and i can't imagine ever getting along without it.  I'm not qualified at all, seeing as though i'm only 17 and haven't even graduated, but i'm working and going to school simutaneously, and i've been doing a good job (so they say) as an educational assistant, and i'll be attending university in 2 years.  I'm hoping to get a scholarship or something.  As for the coaching, it's minimum wage but it goes along with my other work so i'm making fairly lots, and i split rent with 2 other people, so i don't have to spare much there, and as for the girlfriend, ya she's hot, and she's so nice too.  We've been friends for years, and ya, you'd just love her if you met her, she's the best friend i could ever have.  And well lucky me who went to the party last night and on my way back i jumped in the back of a truck too hard and my knee fell out again, ah well, i can still walk so it's all good.  And if it'll make any of you happy, i dug out a nintendo game for the first time in months and played Super Mario Sunshine for 2 hours this afternoon.  So anyway ya, that's all for now.

3. Vertigo - U2

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2004, 12:44:53 AM »
...actually...why don't you judge my girlfriend's appearance for yourself.  picture right here:
http://storage.msn.com/s1pZ8pl_R1n1zFNiG6fyMQErtV1s8BO8JrJMPGxeTo5FHkc9LCSD9SqUDxvaz08RVaz9fKLvIsrb5HL0xDN-v7Ypw/00.jpg?MdToken=820138339354117

3. Vertigo - U2

Print