Print

Author Topic: yoshi coins  (Read 4392 times)

« on: November 14, 2004, 09:47:55 AM »
He ho,
where can I find the 5 five yoshi coins in 'chocolate secret'? I can find only one of them [near exit].

thx
code or die

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 08:07:13 PM »
   I don't think there are any more in that area. Maybe the programmers forgot to put the others in. There are, however, all five coins in the GBA version of the game (there are four where previously there weren't any).
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 09:53:06 PM »
What the? No, that's not right. There are at least 5 Dragon Coins in that area. How to get them, I forget.

The fast pace riding on a horse bets a slow boat anyday.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 01:50:15 PM »
   Are you sure you aren't thinking of another stage? gmkwo means the one found on the south side of the Valley of Bowser. Or maybe you're thinking of the GBA version?However, I just might have heard someone say one time that the rest of the Dragon Coins in Chocolate Secret were on the other side of the goal. But I've tried to get over the goal without success. (I haven't tried a whole lot, though.) And it would be strange if they were in such a hard place since getting 5 only gives you 1 extra life.

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 02:16:56 AM »
Oh, sorry I am talking about the SNES version of SMW.
I don't think there are any coins behind the goal, because you can't reach anything behind the goal. And I cannot imagine that someone forgot to place 4 coins.
The profit of these coins is [hopefully] more than one extra life. If you grap the missing 4, you can get all special coins in the game. This maybe add the 4 percent to get 100*.

So let's find them!

P.S.: Try to beat chocolate secret in less than 80 secs.
code or die

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004, 04:47:21 PM »
I'm glad someone made a thread about this because I too went batty trying to find all of the coins.  Unless there is a secret room somewhere, I don't think there is any more Yoshi coins.  In the first part of the level where you slide down several hills with enemies, I already flew around the entire room and didn't see anything.  I did the same thing for some of the rest of the leve which doesn't have a ceiling and had the same results.  That is so stupid.  But to be honest I don't care that much about this anymore because you don't really get anything for finding all five of those coins in each level, do you?

Your forum board has been infected by the YSR virus. Please send an error report now so we can point and laugh at you.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 11/27/2004 10:37:26 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2004, 04:59:08 AM »
Well, I cannot figure out why it is impossible to get more tha 96 percent. There are 2 possibilities:
1)It is possible make 100%, but nobody is able to get them :)
2)It's a graet trick gamedev, to make us play again & again.

P.S: It is somehow strange that you gan get all the coins only once. If have got 5 coins, all specialcoins in the level in this area disapear, until you reset the game.

code or die

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2004, 06:31:01 AM »
It's not a percent, it's just a "stages cleared" number.  Including multiple exits.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2004, 08:54:39 AM »
Maybe the reason why Dragon Coins don't reappear in stages after you get them all until you reset the game is that if they did, you could keep going into the same stage for repeated 1-UPs, just by getting through and getting all 5 coins. (In some stages, like Yoshi's Island 1 for example, the coins are very easy to get.)

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2004, 09:10:37 AM »
Well, I don't think so, what about te top secret area, with yoshi you can get extra life as easy as possible and in other areas you can get more than 50 or 60 lifes, with a star or a grey p-siren. So why should ´someone care about life chaeting through yoshicoins?
code or die

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2004, 06:34:34 PM »
They still could have tried not to give players too many ways to get lives.

But this conversation is getting long; we might as well stop. But the fact is that there are most likely no more coins in this area.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2004, 07:04:07 PM »
They probably just don't reappear so that you can tell which ones you've cleared.
I've never gotten every dragon coin, but I'm guessing they're just there for merit, so you can get 'em all and feel like you've accomplished something.

I mean, not everything has to have a point.  Look, SMW still has a score counter!  How often does that come into play?

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2005, 09:10:54 PM »
If they are behind the goal you can reach them no problem, keep a feather in your inventory and at the end of the level use it and fly over the goal. I've finished all of the coarses secrets, dragon coins everything.

If you want infanite lives unlock the area where you get Yoshi in and the power ups (forgot what it's called it's at the first haunted house) and get Yoshi exit come back and hit the block containing Yoshi and out comes a 1-up! Or you can just get the 5 up in world 1 (forgot which level havent played for a while it's one of the first ones.)

Edited by - kurtvegita on 7/30/2005 8:14:43 PM

Print