Print

Author Topic: As though it seems  (Read 3157 times)

« on: December 04, 2004, 09:22:24 AM »
It seems as though my place has been taken here at TMK( not naming whom)  I never get any more replies.  My fate here at the fungi forums will be determined b the viewers posts.  So if worst comes to worst, I'd like to say a farewell poem.

Even though I havent seen much of any mario show,
             I feel as though he will always be with me,  even tommorrow.
              Even though I have no friends that share my thoughts,  I feel my friends at TMK are stronger than my mario boughts.
              And if I am not here tommorrow,
may mario be with you all and never let go.

this is the WAFFLE!  The emblem of our land! You can shove it in a bottle or hold it in your hand!
I only watch [adult swim]

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 09:51:10 AM »
Sorry, no dictionaries indexed in the selected category contain the word boughts.

I think you and I need to start less random topics and make more meaningful posts.

---
Even though it is overdone, that was clutch.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 09:59:57 AM »
Knowing that you are a physics teacher, I'll go easier on you.  In a poem you dont have to use correct spellings, that is only in grammer.  Therefore I can say buys,buyings, and even boughts(referring to william shakespere's "Romio and Juliet")

this is the WAFFLE!  The emblem of our land! You can shove it in a bottle or hold it in your hand!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 10:06:30 AM »
You can say whatever you want (in a poem).  Even make up words like Cat in the Hat.  I don't care.  I actually like original poems, but forgot to use the <sarcasm> tag in my previous post.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 10:09:42 AM »
appology accepted.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2004, 10:24:52 AM »
I do believe I know what you're talking about...

The tides of people looking for enjoyable conversations may wash the sand, but they do not replace it.

The need to strike up conversations is strong in many people, but it is only knowledge, wisdom, and understanding that matters in this sense. In other words, if you're talented, you will never need to make a new topic! No one can be replaced, but they can be irritated into submission. Every single person has a different purpose.

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 12:37:11 PM »
Exactimento.  I'm the kind of guy who would rather join in a conversation than actually start one (usually because the threads I make are bad ideas or already done or both).  Just enjoy other people's conversations and listen to what they have to say and maybe you'll get your own ideas for new topics that people will flock to like sheep :).  Remember, I'm pulling for ya.  We're all in this together!

Your forum board has been infected by the YSR virus. Please send an error report now so we can point and laugh at you.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2004, 01:17:03 PM »
I enjoyed Yoshisaurus Rex's post.  It was so right on. <-- Heh.

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2004, 01:26:36 PM »
Thanx guys.  TMK is where I'm staying.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2004, 02:37:07 PM »
Mine was too complicated and metaphorical, eh?

----------------------------------------
"Chocolate milk as a world-wide delicacy! Who agrees? Anyone?"
- Ian "Suffix"

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2004, 02:44:08 PM »
"The tides of people looking for enjoyable conversations may wash the sand, but they do not replace it."

I like that sentence.

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2004, 02:48:13 PM »
Would the sands be of the waters of W-3 in SMB3?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2004, 03:01:22 PM »
The point is, nobody can replace another. I just thought of waves because of the neverending, incoming people.

Edited by - Suffix on 12/4/2004 1:01:38 PM

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2004, 03:06:56 PM »
I was just trying to relate it to a mario game.

(As I think about the metaphore the rusty and cobbwebed gears in me head start to churn,... Oops, sorry, that was just an REM)

Print