Print

Author Topic: Takin' A Break  (Read 4671 times)

« on: December 04, 2004, 06:29:02 PM »
I've been coming here a lot and I realized that I need to take a break. I need to catch up on my schoolwork as well as my social life. I'm not leaving because anything has upset me, I just can't spend all my time staring at a computer screen. I don't know when I'll come back, but it won't be anytime soon. I'm really going to miss some of the great people I've met here:

Chup & LD: You are two of the wittiest and most intellegent people I have ever met. Your posts are always one of the highlights of my day.

Deez and MegaByte: I look up to you guys with utmost respect and I'm glad you have accepted me as a worthy member.

Koop: You know we share this strange bond between us that links our lives together. We're always thinking the same thing. I feel a great connection to you.

Vid, Markio, Marlie, o_0, Meowrik, TEM, luigi~lover, Sunbun, ne89, and Eclipsed Moon: We've shared some great times in the chatrooms. From Meow's Trivia Nights to Vid's boredom to Markio's love for Marlie to #tlk, every conversation we've shared has in a wonderful experience in my life. And EM, although you're new, you seem very promising in becoming a prolific member. Everything you say makes me literally "lol."

And finally, Sapph:
You have been the greatest person I have met throughout my whole TMK experience. You've cheered me up when I was down. You've helped me sort out all of my problems. You've been the greatest friend anyone could ask for. And you are just that, one of my best friends, inside and outside of the cyber world. You I will miss the most.

Well, my eyes are starting to well up from the memories of all my experiences, so I'll end here. I wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Hanukah, and Kwazy Kwanza. I will come back, once I've gotten my life straightened out. I love all you guys.

Not in that way, of course.

"Good morning. And in case I don''t see you again: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night."- Truman, The Truman Show

Edited by - Red Paratroopa on 12/4/2004 5:20:05 PM
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 12:35:39 AM »
are you saying you haven't been going out or doing your homework because you've been here?  how can you spend so long on the computer and miss going out for this?  it'll always be here, you can come on anytime, me i come on late at night after i'm home and while i'm downloading music and stuff, and i don't get on every day, but it doesn't consume my life, and don't see how it could...?

I love me, and you love me because i''''m the best and you''''re not, and I am so awsome.
~Toddy

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 03:10:38 AM »
Though you're probably more or less gone by the time you read this, if you read it at all, or if you're lurking around to see what kind of response this will turn out (which I like to think), I hate to see you go for however long it takes to get your life sorted out.  Or whatever it is.  I had no idea that I made you 'lol' at all.  I'm really not good at things like this.  I'm also not good at posting in the FF.  This post is tailor-made for my doom.  From what I hear, though, this should still be better than certain people's posts, though.

Anyway, goodbye and good luck with whatever you have a random encounter with in the future.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 11:20:15 AM »
The productive poster shortage just got worse. Sorry to see you go RP, try to visit every once in awhile.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 05:05:05 PM »
Sorry to see you go because your presence here is positive to the community, but we all need breaks. Most people's posting goes in cyclical patterns. I'm in a low part of the cycle, too, because of World of WarCraft.

Markio seems to be posting less than he was a few months ago.

Who knows if Chup and Sapphira will ever return to their glory day post rates?

Black Mage and Insane Steve are AWOL.

Luigison is on an upswing.

Hmm, seems like a lot of people are on the low side right now, but oh well.

/random musings

EDIT: It appears the AWOL one was me for posting this before catching up. Insane Steve is indeed still around.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 12/5/2004 3:14:36 PM

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 05:17:19 PM »
Uh, heh, this'll probably make a lot of you hate me for getting you worked up for nothing. When I posted this topic, I was under a lot of stress and thought a break was just what I needed. Today I straightened all that was upseting me last night out. I realized you guys are my life, and I couldn't just up and leave. So, after my less-than-24-hour absence, I'm back. But Todd brought up a good point, so I won't be here as often as I usually am, but I'll be here in moderation. And yes, EM, I did hang around to see the response I got.

"Good morning. And in case I don''t see you again: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night."- Truman, The Truman Show
This is a secret coded message.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 05:53:25 PM »
I seem to be posting less?  You're right, now it's only once a day.  I actually come here every day, multiple times, I just don't always post.

...and I don't love Marlie Moo that way.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 06:53:11 PM »
You know, that was making me sad. Reminded me of the LD April Fools....

Haha, the other day I ate an Ice Cream Bar.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 06:53:11 PM »
You know, that was making me sad. Reminded me of the LD April Fools....

Haha, the other day I ate an Ice Cream Bar.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2004, 10:35:39 PM »
I don't post as much as I used to, due to the recent increase in idiotic topics.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2004, 11:07:05 PM »
I've learned the best way to make the forums better when there are a lot of idiotic topics is to try even harder and post more. Giving up the fight is to lose the war.

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2004, 12:35:21 AM »
Wouldn't a flame war just start if an intelligent person insulted the creator of an idiotic topic, though?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2004, 02:53:37 AM »
I didn't mean to fight them, I meant to post helpfully to the forums.

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2004, 08:12:53 AM »
I sure hope you guys aren't talking about me!! :)  I think that people who make idiotic posts should just be tolerated and constantly told not to post dumb topics so they learn eventually (either that or make new rules in the site FAQ so we have proof that what they're doing is "illegal").  But getting to my point, I have some really bad news and it kills me to say what it is.  Something unusual had happened this morning (I can't say what because some might not understand) and I don't know if I'll ever be able to come back to the Fungi Forums for a long time if ever.  I don't want to leave but maybe it's for the best and just to give people a break from me.  I'll keep coming to the site and maybe reading other topics but I might not post here again.  I'm really sorry about this and I know it's a bigger blow for me than anyone else.  I didn't write any big speeches for my leaving but I just wanted to say that I'll really miss all of you and the goofy chats we all have.  I enjoyed spending my time with all of you, even the really annoying ones who screamed at everyone and swore a lot (but I'm sure they'll grow out of it eventually).  I learned a lot here, not just like Mario stuff, but also how to make some html codes, improve my writing skills, and communicate more efficiently with people.

I won't forget anyone here and will probably always remember the fun things done here and the funny things said (I fon't believe that my bacon machine was broken by a stupid fatty who was ejected from a helicopter and swings his arms around and found the secret page under Deezer's bed while he was dreaming about Sapphira's story while time slowed and reality bent so Rudolph the red-nosed Yoshi could ask a stupid question and get a stupid answer from Mario who found Luigi in SM64 while he was going to LD's Havre high school to get Shiggy wit it and dance with the Princess in his backwards pants while she drank chocolate milk as a world delicacy that came from a laughing moo cow!!).  My favorite topics will always be Things That Drive Me Nuts and the extremely random and hilarious Bored threads.

Anyway, I'll miss everyone and I hope that my username will be available forever and no one will steal it in case I triumpantly come back some day.  I hope this isn't the end but if it is I'll try to survive in life.  Goodbye everyone!  Have a merry christmas and never give up being a Mario nerd!  I know I won't!

Your forum board has been infected by the YSR virus. Please send an error report now so we can point and laugh at you.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 12/6/2004 12:09:14 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2004, 08:14:06 AM »
I try to post helpfully, but it doesn't always work.  Sometimes my help isn't helpful at all.  Other times I fall off the wagon and lash out.  Regardless, TMK rox.  As I think LD said, I would actually want to meet people from TMK.  I took a short break from TMK once, but came back much earlier than I had planned.  Watoad also took a break, but I hear that he is at the chat sometimes now.  I hope you come back sometime too.

Edited by - Luigison on 12/6/2004 5:01:00 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print