Print

Author Topic: Don't get it  (Read 2059 times)

« on: December 07, 2004, 06:12:29 AM »
Can some of you tell me how you come up with your new topics?  I am having trouble coming up with new ones.  Or could you send me a link to an old, but really good one?

your friend,
                                 Confused

I AM THE MAN WITH THE SILLY MUSTACHE!!!
I only watch [adult swim]

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 06:20:43 AM »
My goodness you are a newbie times 100. You just have to be creative.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 01:05:13 PM »
The key is to NOT try to create new topics every day, like the past few weeks' influx of n00bs.  If you don't have anything especially interesting to say, then don't say it at all.  There are plenty of well-established meaningful threads already here.

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 01:52:43 PM »
MASIAH..You're not forced to make up new threads all the time. There are so many topics to join in discussion! You'll sure come up with something new to discuss about, it can be soon or later..

Close the World, Enter the Next
-Serial Experiments, LAIN-
Close the World, Open the Next
-Serial Experiments, LAIN-

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 06:15:05 PM »
MEGABYTE = SMART
listen to his advice.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 07:09:36 PM »
What koopaslaya said! MEGABYTE = Smart!!
 I have some advice too, dont start topics all the time and use your amagination. and dont wright down stupid topics!OK?
Banned -Deezer

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 07:57:07 PM »
I don't think you're in such a great position to tell someone to stop making stupid topics, DKbbmario.

Edited by - Vidgmchtr on 12/7/2004 7:39:33 PM
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 09:33:35 PM »
A few things that COULD (not necessarily will) help:

1) If you can elaborate on a past topic, it's better to do so than to create a new one.  Even if this means taking a few minutes to find a topic that's a little old.  Remember, if someone else could think of it, then someone probably has already.

2)If step 1 fails or something like that, thinks of something that's out of the ordinary, and would probably generate a good number of replies.  Try to avoid "direct question" threads, as it's easier to e-mail the person instead of creating a thread just for them.

3)If 1 and 2 don't work or you want to create a topic that would be fairly common, make sure the topic is old enough to have been abandoned for a good amount of time.

4) If all else fails, run.

DKbbmario: Your "amagination" could use a little spell-check.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Print