Print

Author Topic: Mario Forever  (Read 12545 times)

« on: March 24, 2005, 02:34:35 AM »
Have you ever played Mario Forever fro PC, by Buziol Games? I have. There's one glitch I know of: at the start, you go into a place with 3 save pipes, which save at the start of each new world. You'll always start as Small Mario; however this is not the glitch. If you leave the screen to the right, you come to a non-hidden area with 2 powerups that you keep when you load: a Power Flower (cost 2 lives in next play) and a Mushroom (cost 1 life in next play). They are separated by walls, one between them and one on either side. Once you grab a power-up, you cannot grab the other. This is not the glitch. Grab the Power Flower, then from the wall on the far right jump at speed to the right and you'll land on a staircase going down. This is the glitch. Follow the staircase and keep going until you see a pipe. Jump over any obstacles then go down the pipe and you enter a special world with scientists replacing the creatures; scientists coming out of pipes, scientists running around to replace goombas, scientists throwing hammers...

Input on this?
It will be done... 'cause here comes Mario!

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 06:04:37 PM »
I have never even heard of Mario Forever, but that glitch sounds awesome. I'll have to try Mario Forever, and try that.

"We roll tonight, to the guitar bite, and for those about to rock... I salute you."-AC/DC
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 01:08:37 PM »
I downloaded it and played it, it's not that bad...i mean for a computer game.  Most Mario computer games that you play are very poorly made, this one stole sprites, sound fx, and music from existing games, but on the whole it's actually a fairly good game with cool level designs and challenges.  I recommend trying it out.

Actually the best Mario games where Mario Bros. VGA, and the one with only four levels.  The four level one was good...BUT it only had four levels and the fourth one was incomplete...that game could've been really good if the creator had finished it.

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 02:49:57 PM »
do you know how to get the mario forever game, like what site is it on?
 Mario is a nutritional part of your every-day meal!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 11:22:47 AM »
Here for the zip file and Here for the review. If you play the secret level, you'll laugh at area 2's first monster - stomp it and get ready to jump!

Edited by - Mysterious One on 3/27/2005 9:26:56 AM

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 01:50:36 PM »
Could you give a bit more detailed description on how to get to the staircase? I haven't been able to make it.

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 03:25:24 PM »
All right.

Before I tell you more details, there are a couple other glitches. Sometimes at the loading screen you might be able to jump super high or super low.

You can see here the loading screen. Go offscreen to the right as shown.

This is the beginning power-up point, from when you went offscreen to the right. Pick up the flower.

And here there is Fiery Mario. Jump from the edge of the wall he is on in the direction shown.

And so to here. From here it is easy going.

Edited by - Mysterious One on 3/27/2005 1:52:56 PM

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 03:32:11 PM »
EDIT: Okay, they're working. But I still haven't managed to jump that high.

Edited by - Suffix on 3/27/2005 2:00:22 PM

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 03:53:16 PM »
Done.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 04:18:14 PM »
I jumped. And jumped. And jumped.

The inverted blocks represent the height of the staircase thing you showed. I didn't make it.

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 03:55:17 AM »
The distance is actually two blocks wide. I can make it - try jumping from the edge of the wall?

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 12:21:04 PM »
How do you download that game? I tried to but I can't. It says forbidden.
Any ideas how to download it?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 08:08:34 PM »
You could search for it. That's what I did.

O Mysterious One, I will attempt that and report later.

EDIT: (two minutes later) ARGH! A cannot make it! I hit the edge of the screen, and I fall.

Edited by - Suffix on 3/28/2005 6:11:47 PM

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 02:32:38 AM »
*idea* At the main menu, change the controls to your preferences. When in position 3, try holding down run as you jump.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2005, 05:52:36 PM »
Well, I've already done that. I also tryed getting a running start today. I ran off the side of the first fall, jumped to the third column, and jumped! And hit the edge of the screen.

I'd like to know the exact size of the folder you used to first hold the extracted files. In mine the size is (16,414,135 bytes). What's yours? Not the size on the disk, now, the first size listed.

Print